Forza 3: Leaving A Delayed GT 5 In The Pits

• Thread starter Simple SIM
  • 274 comments
Ok here you go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ_D9-qvwyI Go to 1:30 and notice all 4 cars in a straight line, the only reason they weren't before is because they start side by side in the grid. Yet once they spread they form this nice neat single file line...

EDIT: that took me 10 seconds to find BTW, I am sure there are even better example out there... I will find them if you want me too...

Thanks, that's a great example. At 1:15 you'll see two cars taking different lines as one tries to overtake the other. At around 1:32 you'll see the Seat taking evasive action to give the player racing room up the inside of the corner.

While we're throwing around Youtube videos which seem to be the dominant form of currency in these forums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvSFOmdDsyk

0:15 m3 goes wide of standard racing line to try an overtake.
0:20 blue 370z runs wide without contact: divergent behavior.
0:32 m3 gives him room when he rejoins the pack: opponent awareness.
2:06 Jag gives player room for overtaking move: more opponent awareness.

It's no great achievement to find a Youtube video of someone managing to confuse the AI. I still think the Forza AI is superior. GT5P was a marked improvement over GT4, with the chance for occasional off track mistake. They are also capable of overtaking, but they do tend to settle into a line astern once the faster cars have made their move, and stay there. Forza also does this, and it's what you usually see in real races. However, it's complete inability to give other cars racing room or acknowledge their presence except for when it initiates it's own overtake is what frustrates me.

I would love to see YOU back this up, that GT5:P vehicles NEVER leave their line, no matter what... If that is true, how come a vehicle will go off course, or overtake another vehicle??? You are a fanboy at it's finest... If you ever see a line of cars in GT "LOOK AT THE TERRIBLE AI!" If you see a line of cars in Forza "LOOK AT THE BRILLIANT AI USING DRAFT!" 👎 FAIL.

Well, I sure hope I can do better than you. You tried to prove that Forza's AI wasn't as good as GTs with a YouTube video, but you just proved that it's quite good. That is how you failed.

Everyone knows the AI in GT has long been faulted at just driving in a straight line uninterrupted. There is no need to prove that cause it's everywhere. It's been fixed some what in GT5P, but not quite.

But no, really thanks for the YouTube video showing off some good AI in Forza's favor. Haha.

You're quite the GT5 fanboy.

Well, I sure hope I can do better than you. You tried to prove that Forza's AI wasn't as good as GTs with a YouTube video, but you just proved that it's quite good. That is how you failed.

Everyone knows the AI in GT has long been faulted at just driving in a straight line uninterrupted. There is no need to prove that cause it's everywhere. It's been fixed some what in GT5P, but not quite.

But no, really thanks for the YouTube video showing off some good AI in Forza's favor. Haha.

Wow, all I've seen from you is riding Forza's pole. You should check out forzamotorsport.net. Defending a game is one thing but you spend more time talking about GT's faults and Forza's pros. Kinda weird considering your on a GT site.

You're quite the GT5 fanboy.

The only thing you see at 1:15 is that the cars are still side by side from the starting grid, because they stack up side by side in the grid... ONCE THINGS SPREAD OUT, THEY FORM A STRAIGHT LINE... FM3 AI is good! I have never said otherwise! You asked for an example of AI going together in a straight line, so I gave you one. I fail to see how I failed in achieving my objective...

Wow, all I've seen from you is riding Forza's pole. You should check out forzamotorsport.net. Defending a game is one thing but you spend more time talking about GT's faults and Forza's pros. Kinda weird considering your on a GT site.

Not really considering there is so much questionable "information" being tossed around here and a lot of incorrect anti forza posts that beg responding to.

The only thing you see at 1:15 is that the cars are still side by side from the starting grid, because they stack up side by side in the grid... ONCE THINGS SPREAD OUT, THEY FORM A STRAIGHT LINE... FM3 AI is good! I have never said otherwise! You asked for an example of AI going together in a straight line, so I gave you one. I fail to see how I failed in achieving my objective...

How can that be true when they already had passed the starting grid and the first turn?

Not really considering there is so much questionable "information" being tossed around here and a lot of incorrect anti forza posts that beg responding to.

You guys just spend more time talking about faults of GT and pro's of Forza. Just an observation. And kinda like how you wouldn't stop pushing the 'rewind' feature from Forza. Just seems like you would have a better time over on the Forza boards.

I'm on both and it's the same way over at FM.net. Talking about GT over there results in troll and fanboy calling.

And in another post you say "point is moot, 360 has better games anyway" Clearly you are a 360 troll. Makes sense though, thats the kinda attitude and response from a 360 owner that I would expect.

How can that be true when they already had passed the starting grid and the first turn?

Because it was still congested from being stacked up at the grid... But like I have said twice already, as soon as things spread out, they form a line... You choose to ignore this fact? WHY?!

Because it was still congested from being stacked up at the grid... But like I have said twice already, as soon as things spread out, they form a line... You choose to ignore this fact? WHY?!

Because he is a Forza/360 fanboy. I found that out in his recent posts.

Uhhhh, GT has a lot of strengths but AI surely isn't one of them.

It doesn't take a fanboy to point out that the AI in forza is substantially superior to the AI in prologue.

I hope the final GT 5 will show some major improvement in AI but as of this moment right now, if someone wants to say that Forza's AI is superior I would be hard pressed to disagree with them. Infact I would feel like I was lying.

It doesn't take a fanboy to point out that the AI in forza is substantially superior to the AI in prologue.

I hope the final GT 5 will show some major improvement in AI but as of this moment right now, if someone wants to say that Forza's AI is superior I would be hard pressed to disagree with them. Infact I would feel like I was lying.

I agree, I never said that it was better, I did however say that he was making some pretty strong exaggerations.

Did I say it was better? Please show me where I did. You really like to put words into other peoples mouth.

You were responding to this,
"This I cannot agree with. I think you'll struggle to find anyone who agrees with this who has actually played both games. Forza AI uses steering and braking to avoid you. It gives you racing room when going through corners side by side. It will go off line to attempt an overtake, and actually make mistakes occasionally by itself. The GT AI consists of a grid of slot cars driving faultlessly around a perfect racing line. There is literally ZERO intelligent or divergent behavior."

With a video of the AI in Forza 3 demo that clearly proved this guys point, so you failed in that regard. So yes, you were trying to find proof that GT's AI was superior when we all know that it's not.

In case people don't believe I have a copy of GT5P, http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9075/1001090237.jpg

I guess I'm not a hardcore fanboy... I mean I own a copy of GT.

Lets be honest who thinks that the final forza release will be much better or different than the demo. The game is out in a few days.

Now who thinks that GT5 will be much better than GT5P. The two games are 2 and a half years a part.

To be comparing F3 to GT5P in areas like AI is funny. And for any GT5 fan boy that needs to win an argument the following line will always work no matter what the argument is.

GT5 has better graphics.

I was referring to him as a fanboy by his quote of 360 having superior games and his overall posts on here constantly pointing out GT's flaws and Forza's pro's. Nothing to do with his comment on AI.

Lets be honest who thinks that the final forza release will be much better or different than the demo. The game is out in a few days.

Now who thinks that GT5 will be much better than GT5P. The two games are 2 and a half years a part.

To be comparing F3 to GT5P in areas like AI is funny. And for any GT5 fan boy that needs to win an argument the following line will always work no matter what the argument is.

GT5 has better graphics.

How is that funny at all when GT fanboys have been comparing GT5P to FM2 forever.

GT5 has better graphics.

I wouldn't be unhappy at all if the retail version of GT 5 looked exactly like prologue.

I'm not sure if I should be expecting GT 5 to look better than GT 5 P or not. I don't recall GT 4 looking any better than GT 4P though.

But that doesn't mean GT 5 won't.

You were responding to this,
"This I cannot agree with. I think you'll struggle to find anyone who agrees with this who has actually played both games. Forza AI uses steering and braking to avoid you. It gives you racing room when going through corners side by side. It will go off line to attempt an overtake, and actually make mistakes occasionally by itself. The GT AI consists of a grid of slot cars driving faultlessly around a perfect racing line. There is literally ZERO intelligent or divergent behavior."

With a video of the AI in Forza 3 demo that clearly proved this guys point, so you failed in that regard. So yes, you were trying to find proof that GT's AI was superior when we all know that it's not.

In case people don't believe I have a copy of GT5P, http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9075/1001090237.jpg

I guess I'm not a hardcore fanboy... I mean I own a copy of GT.

I was merely responding in that he was exaggerating a little bit. Not that he was totally wrong or that GT was better, way to put words in my mouth again.

I was being serious. It's not healthy to have a family and spend so much time on an internet forum.

Atleast he is spending time on a site of a game he actually enjoys. You on the other hand are about as worthless as the sun above the clouds. You spend 95% of your time finding flaws with GT and boasting about Forza. We get it man, you are envious of GT5.

Atleast he is spending time on a site of a game he actually enjoys. You on the other hand are about as worthless as the sun above the clouds. You spend 95% of your time finding flaws with GT and boasting about Forza. We get it man, you are envious of GT5.

I wish it were worthwhile to be envious of something that isn't going to come out for over half a year.

I wish it were worthwhile to be envious of something that isn't going to come out for over half a year.

So why are you even here? Everything you have said is pretty much negative towards GT is some way or another, even if you try to disguise it as unbiased. Its kinda pathetic actually.

Back