Forza 4 Announced (read the first post - no GT vs FM comparisons)

I think MS should pick up Bizarre since Activision pretty much is trying to just sit them onside the road. They could have Forza one year and PGR the other year, great racing games for the platform.

I might be wrong but didnt some of PGR team moved to T10? I cant remember where i read it but i think some of the team responsible for PGR is with T10 working on FZ4.
Yes thats true. Thats why I want the weather so bad from PGR4. Because they have the team together that could easily do it.

Microsoft Game Studios gave T10 the PGR license when Bizarre went 3rd party and got into bed with the devil at Activision. The PGR license has been removed from T10 now, though.

As for someone mentioning about whether or nor bullshots existed in the last generation, there's a great thread in this site's GT2 section asking for promo images where the textures were of much higher quality than the game could export on end-user PSXs.-

I don't have PGR4 any more, but I wonder if they share the same Nurb GP? It would have been daft if they didn't and might explain why it's bumpy as hell compared to any other track in FM3.

Thats a great battle Bogie. The best part about the weather effects in that game was that the car looked great inside and out. Especially the exterior with the water dripping and running down the car. Very visible during the gameplay. Also some tracks would effect the physics if you went through a water puddle or snow drift. That really impressed me about PGR4.
These pics are from Drift God but in the game you can actually see the water running off the cars. Looks amazing in game. These decompressed pics do the game no justice at all.

The water puddle on NYC just after the bridge before the sharp turn always throws your car about. If it was a sim you'd never recover it.

What's crazy about PGR4 is that until this day it's graphics still look sharp and gorgeous. I mean watching the video now just reminds me that PGR was the people that started it all at least consoles, with high detailed cockpit views, rain effects and beautiful detailed cars.

New York is a horrible track.

Both GT4 and PGR New Yorks are infinitely better than Forza's two looooooong straights

That's the bastardized version of FM1 night race NYC track that was much longer than just a couple straights. The real FULL NYC track from FM1 is a lot of fun. FM4 needs more fun tracks added. They focus too much on cars sometimes, I don't need 10 different types of the same econo **** box, give me tracks! PGR2 still holds up as the most "fun" car racing game of all time, IMO of course.

Last edited:
FM4 needs more fun tracks added.

I agree. Most of FM3 new tracks aren't too much fan, boring completely flat real world tracks.

Though it may be forza fans fault, a lot of people cried to get in game this absolutely disastrous le Sartre and so on.

I prefer NFS Shift selections

I agree. Most of FM3 new tracks aren't too much fan, boring completely flat real world tracks.

Though it may be forza fans fault, a lot of people cried to get in game this absolutely disastrous le Sartre and so on.

I prefer NFS Shift selections

The first FM game had the best track selection,comparable to GT4 track selection,I think that they really need to bring back some classics like the Alpine Ring and the blue mountain tracks,also pacific docks and Tokyo FM version(I didn't like the Rio de Janeiro circuit,too boring),I wonder why they didn't launch these tracks as DLC,maybe they cant make it but that is just me.

Someone posted this on the 4chans.

aREtV.gif

Confirmation at it's finest.

I love the new tracks in FM3. The test track is perfect for fun, dragging and drifting. And the Sedona track is BEEE UUU TTTT FULLLL

And the Sedona track is BEEE UUU TTTT FULLLL

Except half of track you can't see anything but sun shining directly in your eyes. This is quite realistic but almost undrivable

As usual the best tracks are imaginary. Coast tracks and Fujimi Kaido are the best

Last edited:
Except half of track you can't see anything but sun shining directly in your eyes. This is quite realistic but almost undrivable

As usual the best tracks are imaginary. Coast tracks and Fujimi Kaido are the best
Other than hitting either longer straight going opposite ways, sun is only an issue on one portion. It's awesome to have that challenge. I hope we see more of that if we ever get time change so that it's unpredictable as to what portion of the track you might blinded at.

You have either never seen FM3 running or you are simply trying to start an argument.

Yes FM3 uses differing LOD, big deal all console racing title do. Not doing so would quite frankly be daft, you don't need a car that is a dot on the horizon to be modeled the same as the one next to you. It would be a huge waste of processor power.

The gameplay graphics (and it is really so hard to type that word out - keep in mind that gfx is borderline text-speak) are not 'really bad' at all. The overall balance of detail between the cars and the track is excellently done.

What lets it down, in my opinion, at the moment is the lighting used. Which gives some of the cars a slightly plastic looking finish.

However 'really bad' they are not.

Now I have to admit I get a rather large whiff of you simply trying to get a rise out of members in here, if I see any more evidence of that you will be taking a break from GT Planet.

If you can't play nice, you don't get to play.

Scaff

Well that is your opnion. They did some changes but I think there are many including dissapointed with Forza gameplay graphics(just for you, instead of gfx).

I am pretty sure Italia 458 and Ford GT shown so far all bullshots and not gameplay. But time will tell. Moreover you should know how to deal with post rather than threats. I do not think I made comparision of Forza and GT in this thread anyways

About the Trailer :

Dubai Circuit

forza-motorsport-3-circuit-de-dubai-forza-motorsport-4-51277.jpg

forza-motorsport-3-circuit-de-dubai-dans-forza-motorsport-4-51294.jpg

forza-motorsport-3-24-heures-de-dubai-dans-forza-4-51300.jpg

Le Mans at night.

forza-motorsport-3-le-mans-by-night-dans-forza-motorsport-4-51284.jpg

Nurgburg GP , present in FM3 by DLC

forza-motorsport-3-stands-du-nurburgring-dans-forza-4-51287.jpg

Top Gear Track

forza-motorsport-3-top-gear-test-track-dans-forza-4-51301.jpg

Mclaren M7C (1969), retro F1 in FM4 ? Yeah :)

open%20wheel%20race%20car.jpg

mclaren_m7c_large_24420.jpg

I don't know why so many people complain about the graphics of forza they are saturated but it looks nice to me. Hell it looks way better that the pc sims I have lol!

I don't get it, what happen to the night tracks in forza? pacific shipping yard(Vancouver Canada) and tokyo Probably my favorite, Thoughs were beast, and it showed off forzas night engine, whiched looked awesome. 
With the reflective road and enviorments, i miss Cops and robbers On PSY on f1. hope they all return in f4、Fingers crossed.

I simply don't think they had the time with FM2 and 3 to add the lighting for all of the cars and didn't want to release it if it wasn't done properly.

Alpine Ring and Blue Mountains simply have to come back, as I've never seen a bad word said against either. I don't remember much about FM1 (apart from Kaido, obviously) but I certainly remember how fun those two tracks were.

It all comes down to hardware. The fact of the matter is this, we don't know what kind of engine they use( some of us would love to know for sure) but the graphics on the ps3 is movie alike meaning that it's easier for them to use photo realistic graphics. I mean look at GT5 replay, it looks so real. Dont get me wrong i love both equally, i just think it comes down to hardware limitations. still running at 60fps is much better than anything else, that's a fact, Period! Can they improve on the graphics sure they can but they could use a new lightning model engine and then i will be happy, that's all!

It all comes down to hardware. The fact of the matter is this, we don't know what kind of engine they use( some of us would love to know for sure) but the graphics on the ps3 is movie alike meaning that it's easier for them to use photo realistic graphics. I mean look at GT5 replay, it looks so real. Dont get me wrong i love both equally, i just think it comes down to hardware limitations. still running at 60fps is much better than anything else, that's a fact, Period! Can they improve on the graphics sure they can but they could use a new lightning model engine and then i will be happy, that's all!

Oh how wrong all of that is.

The colour of the lighting and textures has nothing to do with computing power.

The HDR, quality of the shadows, quality of the textures and so on and so forth are what put a drain on resources. I mean, Look at GT4, the textures, shadows, models and all that look horrible but because the colour of the lighting and textures is right, the game can look good. That is what has made the first 3 Forza's look fake (yet to be known with FM4). Forza 3's ambient lights and stuff were excellent but it still looked wrong because the colour saturations and light colour were unnatural. That is why some photomode pics (where you can change these settings) look excellent.

There are some things in FM3 that look awesome such as reflections and back grounds but it doesn't stop the cars and tracks looking unnatural.

Latest Posts

Back