Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
United States
United States
Well, the demo is just around the corner, less than two weeks away for those of us in the United States at least. Maybe people will want to post their demo impressions here.

Here is some demo info for those that don't know:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-23-forza-4-demo-details

The Forza 4 demo due out next month includes a single quick race and Rivals mode implementation, Turn 10 has confirmed to Eurogamer.

The Forza 4 demo will be available to download from Xbox Marketplace from 3rd October.

It is based on the E3 2011 Forza 4 demo, which included a quick race option on the Bernese Alps track with the Kia cee'd, 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO.

The Marketplace demo also includes the new Rivals mode, Forza 4's answer to Need for Speed's Autolog.

Forza 4's Rivals mode allows players to go up against their friends, even when they're not online, and race them. You get bounty for winning - the more accomplished your opponent, the more bounty you receive.

"The Rivals mode, we've already found, is hugely addictive," Turn 10 boss Dan Greenawalt told Eurogamer. "Our hope [with the demo] is to give people something they can really dig their teeth into until the game comes out.

"Then of course, it's not like it's hundreds of cars and hundreds of tracks. It's limited content."

Maybe we can use the Rivals mode of the demo to do something similar to what T.O. is doing with the random driving thread.

Its later than expected but I am looking forward to this. I knew it would be on that track which is great news. It also has the Rivals mode and I am really excited about that. Should be a great feature in Forza 4 since it was so fun in NFS Hot pursuit.

I thought for sure they would at least have a taste of Vista mode but thats ok. We can enjoy that when the full game is released.

Anyone have any news about leaderboards being present in the demo? I know we had them with the FM3 demo, which made the demo more appealing in waiting for the final version.

I haven't heard about leaderboards in the demo yet. But since Rivals mode does have some leader information, maybe it will?

Maybe Rivals mode will only have friends stats though?

Dunno, I don't feel like downloading the demo for a rough week of playtime :indiff:
Great for everyonee who hasn't got ann impression of the game yet 👍

Maybe we can use the Rivals mode of the demo to do something similar to what T.O. is doing with the random driving thread[/B].

I'm WAAAAY ahead of you ;)
Already got something planned in the works. In the meantime , DRIVE THAT CAR!!!

I haven't heard about leaderboards in the demo yet. But since Rivals mode does have some leader information, maybe it will?

Maybe Rivals mode will only have friends stats though?

Hopefully they do 👍

If not I will be spending the time getting used to the new physics model :)

I gotta make some room for you guys on my friends list. I sent Lum a request but he might not know it's me or maybe that's his offline gamertag and not for online use.

PS: I put my time up for the Carrera GT. I don't see how some guys aren't lifting in some corners they say they aren't. It may be a controller versus wheel thing.

Ah, now I know what t.o. stands for :lol:
Request accepted, by the way... Gotta get me a gold subscritpion before sending out request on my own, though :lol:

Anyways, good thinking, guys 👍

You will like it FEAR!!

Well, I went through and rivaled ZR1Chris in 2 of the three. However, one of them doesn't show certified, which I am not sure why. AFAIK, I didn't hit a single car. My time shows better, but I have caution sign next to the certified section, dropping me under ZR1Chris for some reason.

It will take some getting used to, that is for sure. WOW...beating your rivals in traffic like that is intense. It's actually kinda tough...because sometimes you want to follow their ghost, not realizing you really need to watch out for the AI instead. You don't see your rival AI, you see your own random AI. It's a GREAT idea, and it's intense!

I have seen the shadows under the ghost car drop in and out at times, so that is a small graphical glitch that I noticed. You still don't have windows or windshields when driving. However, if you smash your car up, you can see in third person that the windshield is all cracked, but go into cockpit view, and it's clear as can be. They really need to follow Race Pro in that area.

The wheel is so much more fun in this demo than the controller!

Last edited:
Hey Bogie, make sure you dont hit anything the last sector of the previous lap. Also the last sector is long as hell. They really need to put another checkpoint in there. The last sector is a good 30 seconds long. Its a bit ridiculous. I was getting annoyed with it last night. I kept tapping the wall in one spot thats way before the finish but because it was in the last sector the next lap started invalid then you have to go all the way around again just to get a fresh start.

The demo is really great. Exactly what a racing sim should be. You have to fight against under and oversteering and the wheel support is purely amazing.

The big plus is that I actually was able to delete my TV setting for Forza 3, because now the contrasts are right.

Cockpit fov is excellent and the movement in car feels spot on.

I could not believe that there might be 40-50 cars on track in the rivals races with overtaking. You have to sit there for some minutes and see it yourself.

I have to say, it looks impressive! I watched the intro on Youtube, and it was pretty cool, even though the song they chose didn't really seem to suit the intro though.. If I had or was going to buy a Xbox, I'd buy FM4 as well.

Yes, it is definetly better than in FM3. I use the Drift 5 setting with my GT2 now and it feels great.

I ranked myself nr. 12 on the leaderboard with the Zonda. I love that beast.

My gamertag is DAG JaboFu.

Clutch and shifter works great.

Yes, it is definetly better than in FM3. I use the Drift 5 setting with my GT2 now and it feels great.

I ranked myself nr. 12 on the leaderboard with the Zonda. I love that beast.

My gamertag is DAG JaboFu.

Clutch and shifter works great.

Did you notice that the gear grind noise is gone when you don't time the clutch correctly like FM3 did?

Did you notice that the gear grind noise is gone when you don't time the clutch correctly like FM3 did?

It is gone without damage on, but when it is on, there is still the grind. You also can control the rpms while the cars pile up. Really nice details everywhere.

Edit: I just stoped a sls to just see his spoiler rise again. Sweet jesus. :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back