Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
zr1chris
Did you notice that the gear grind noise is gone when you don't time the clutch correctly like FM3 did?

So damage is enabled in the demo, good.
Any improvements to the damage model?

Yes, it is definetly better than in FM3. I use the Drift 5 setting with my GT2 now and it feels great.

I ranked myself nr. 12 on the leaderboard with the Zonda. I love that beast.

My gamertag is DAG JaboFu.

Clutch and shifter works great.

What are your other settings on your GT2 if you don't mind me asking? Do you mess with DPR or SPR in forza? It made a world of a difference for me in F1.

What are your other settings on your GT2 if you don't mind me asking? Do you mess with DPR or SPR in forza? It made a world of a difference for me in F1.

Sen 900, FF & Sho 100%, Dri 5, Abs 90, the rest 0. Works fine for me.

zr1chris
Rivals mode only has cosmetic. Single race has full damage.

Ok thanks.

Cosmetic wouldn't give you a grinding gear, I dint think.

Full damage should though.

Hate having to use clutch with flappy paddle cars because Forza gives you a bonus for using something that's not there in real life.

Ok thanks.

Hate having to use clutch with flappy paddle cars because Forza gives you a bonus for using something that's not there in real life.

I will try it again on sigle race then to make sure. There is a delay when not clutching properly just no grind but I will try single race again to make sure.

Sorry for the quality, but look at this. Everything is fully working. Kind of amazing.

ibzVfDFshWOlnX.jpg

iIW9Rym2H0h3R.jpg

Edit: The starting lights on the right also work nicely.

Last edited:
I'm going to go and download this game RIGHT NOW!!!!!

My gamertag is: crispychicken49

How do you download it?

I also found out, that you can do some donuts with TCS activated. TCS and STM really interfere quite late in FM4. With the Zonda I could nearly spin through the first or second gear till 100 kmh without TCS doing anything. Even STM only interfere, when your car is already out of control. Very nice, but I cant play with aids, they feel strange for me and stopping me going faster.

Hey Bogie, make sure you dont hit anything the last sector of the previous lap. Also the last sector is long as hell. They really need to put another checkpoint in there. The last sector is a good 30 seconds long. Its a bit ridiculous. I was getting annoyed with it last night. I kept tapping the wall in one spot thats way before the finish but because it was in the last sector the next lap started invalid then you have to go all the way around again just to get a fresh start.

What I am hearing from the demo feedback sounds great - challenging! I would rather hear this than "I beat it after the second try!".

Well there is no real way to beat Rivals mode since we are all competing with eachother.

My bad, didn't know you were refering to Rivals mode.

I thought the AI in Forza 3 was pretty good (nothing like GT). Hope they worked on the AI some (Shift 2 was great).

My bad, didn't know you were refering to Rivals mode.

I thought the AI in Forza 3 was pretty good (nothing like GT). Hope they worked on the AI some (Shift 2 was great).

I am hoping so as well. They are decent in FM3. Hope the get into the realm of S2 though.

But...rivals mode is such a great addition. Rivals = Autolog. Good stuff.

Spagetti69
Ok thanks.

Just checked and the grind is there in single race. Thats a releif not that it was a major deal.

Man these codes are hard to find, I have found two in the track and car pages but they're all taken. Whats the best place to find them now?

First impressions of demo from driving for two minutes.

• Traction is still very high on Expert difficulty using a 458 like in Forza 3 with similar powered cars.
  • Understeer nature, going through corners unless you hit bumps or kerbs which makes the car oversteer. The way the car oversteers looks different than Forza 3.
  • Noise of 360 console is a lot louder than when using Forza 3 so if anyone has an old 360, this game might be the death of your console so upgrading to slimmer version will be a wise move.

Will go play it more to see if impressions change from more experience but so far not impressed with physics due to not needing progession of throttle like you would expect.

Edit:

Driving the Mercury Cougar

• This car seems to oversteer all the way through the corner. For example if you go through right hand turn, you have to constantly countersteer left then turn right again, then it oversteers again and you correct it. I was going full throttle through turns and traction again is very high.
  • ABS off is much easier now to not lock up. Completely different from Forza 2 and Forza 3. It is a bit more like driving with ABS.

Driving the Impreza STI

• The car has very neutral handling, the most stable and easiest car to drive.

The demo I don't think has controller options so you have to go with default settings. The AI once you go into 2nd place seems to start driving a lot faster. I won on my first attempt using Cougar on professional difficulty but other cars I seem to get stuck in 2nd. The key might be to stay 3rd and then try and get into an overtaking position where you can pass both 2nd and 1st. Looks like it is a rubber band AI of sort, if that what adaptive means.

The steering description in assists didn't leave a good impression. I think it says more or less it steers slightly for you. It is not clear if it means that for simulation but I think it does as it is a generalised statement.

Graphics

Anti aliasing could be better but I think that is limitation of the current consoles out. Cars look better in-game than Forza 3.

Overall not at all with the physics. T10 are probably just obsessed with tyres and are forgetting vechile dynamics. Traction is way too high for these tyres, from intial driving there is lift-off understeer if you can call it that. Balance of the car remains stable going from 0% to 100% multiple times through corners. I guess other people will find the game physics realistic due to it being very drivable, for wheel users, all you will be doing will be probably left then right and back again repeatedly through corners. It is a bit like sliping and sliding constantly through the corner.

Last edited:
Man these codes are hard to find, I have found two in the track and car pages but they're all taken. Whats the best place to find them now?

T10 is doing Q&A's on there Facebook page and giving away codes. I got extremely lucky. I just got a code from an anonymous sender. ;)

First impressions of demo from driving for two minutes.

• Traction is still very high on Expert difficulty using a 458 like in Forza 3 with similar powered cars.
  • Understeer nature, going through corners unless you hit bumps or kerbs which makes the car oversteer. The way the car oversteers looks different than Forza 3.
  • Noise of 360 console is a lot louder than when using Forza 3 so if anyone has an old 360, this game might be the death of your console so upgrading to slimmer version will be a wise move.

Will go play it more to see if impressions change from more experience but so far not impressed with physics due to not needing progession of throttle like you would expect.

Edit:

Driving the Mercury Cougar

• This car seems to oversteer all the way through the corner. For example if you go through right hand turn, you have to constantly countersteer left then turn right again, then it oversteers again and you correct it. I was going full throttle through turns and traction again is very high.
  • ABS off is much easier now to not lock up. Completely different from Forza 2 and Forza 3. It is a bit more like driving with ABS.

Have you turned on sim steering?

Yes. On expert settings then customised it so I don't have to use clutch due to not being used to the default controls.

Then your playing a different demo to the people I have spoken too who I fully trust. Have you tried the zonda?

So my experience with recovery of cars compared to FM3 shows this is much improved. Now regaining control due to losing traction easily (expert mode) is much more realistic...as in it's no longer easy to recover. They surely loosened up the cars in the highest setting. It also seems that my brakes are much more realistic....since I have ABS disabled, it's NICE.

Seems like they indeed have been listening to the community.

Anybody beat my rivals times yet? :)

I was working on the M5 and got a little closer but no dice. I'm surprised you are using auto trans. You must have hit all the traffic at the right times. It totally sucks getting up to them and they are 3 wide. :ouch:

Please tell me someone else hates how long that last sector is. Any slip-up even 20-30 seconds before you reach the finish and the next lap is invalidated. They need to add another checkpoint in there.

Last edited:
I was working on the M5 and got a little closer but no dice. I'm surprised you are using auto trans. You must have hit all the traffic at the right times. It totally sucks getting up to them and they are 3 wide. :ouch:

Please tell me someone else hates how long that last sector is. Any slip-up even 20-30 seconds before you reach the finish and the next lap is invalidated. They need to add another checkpoint in there.

I am with you. Everytime I picked up another half a second or so, I contacted the wall before the last corner. Just annoying, but it worked out in the end, now running a 01:42,094 with the Zonda. Pretty crazy, because I never was that much of a hotlapper, but it is fun.

Fanatec Users Set your DPR setting to -3 to get better ffb feeling with the demo.

Thanks! Worked great and feels a lot better. A friend also could use this for good.

Last edited:
zr1chris

Ya. I can make up for lost time in the traffic. But on hot laps I a not competitive at all with people using manual / clutch. They just pull on me and I can't keep up. All you dirty sobs and your wheels.

Ok, now played the demo.

I won´t and can´t judge the game by the demo it´s too short... so the waiting goes on :)

But after the race, the release screen says "october 11th". I ordered it on Amazon.de and there it says october 14th... What now?

Back