Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
I was going to buy it, but now I don't have to.

I now sit on a little over 5 million credits, also known as the richest I've ever been in an FM game. You know, aside from the credit cheat in the original.

Team4za, and whatever the other one was.

Not my style, but something to take photos of and sell on. Might replace it with the Supersports version when I do.

Decals over the stock paint(As long as it's satin or matt), I think you have to do something with the transparency as well.

Agreed. Forza 4 is quite possibly the pinnacle of racing on the Xbox 360. The post-launch DLC is equally excellent and balanced. A definite step up from Forza 3, even though the Kinect integration was a tad unnecessary. Can't wait to see the Porsche pack in May. It will be 1600 MSP well spent.

Depends on what aspect of customization you're referring to: visual (both body mods and liveries) or mechanical.

Visual customization prefably. I mainly want to know about body kits. I know some cars in FM3 only got a generic black front bumper extension & wing. Is it still that way for some cars in FM4?

For some, yes.

Even then you can add body kits by way of decals (vents, louvers, etc, etc), or, if available and is to your liking, you can buy a widebody livery for whatever the car is.

Visual customization prefably. I mainly want to know about body kits. I know some cars in FM3 only got a generic black front bumper extension & wing. Is it still that way for some cars in FM4?

Their are tons of cars with multiple bodykits, mostly the smaller cars. You wont find unique bodykitss for lets say a ferrari or a lambo. But all Japanese cars in Fm3 and 4 have some sort of tuner bodykit. Also the smaller european and italian cars have some nice kits. The Alfa romeo's have Novitec rosso kits for instance. Mercedes cars have some nice ones too brabus kits.

Is there a list of what wheels can be painted in FM4? Or is there a way to see if a wheel can be painted before buying it?

Is there a list of what wheels can be painted in FM4? Or is there a way to see if a wheel can be painted before buying it?

You can always pick a random wheel and then paint it. Then go back into the wheel upgrade and go through the wheels. Whichever ones come up the color you painted are paintable. At least I think you can do this.... :dunce:

Thanks for the responses guys.

Shift 2 still has some of the best customization I've seen in a racing game, with the works conversion and all. I hope we can see something similar to it in a future Forza game.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Shift 2 still has some of the best customization I've seen in a racing game, with the works conversion and all. I hope we can see something similar to it in a future Forza game.

Personally, I think that the customization in shift 2 is a lot worse than in older NFS titles. Forza definitely trumps them in that category I think.

Depends. Shift 2 did a few things that Forza doesn't do at all. But what it does, Forza does better, in my opinion.

Shift 2's upgradable cockpits and the wide body kits are something that FM4 would need, too.

The only thing I didn't like about Shift 2's customizing was the Works conversions gave you insane specs that didn't really fit with what you would expect a race version of that car to do.

If only that game didn't have crappy physics I would still play it, love the track list.

On an on-topic note, seems April's VIP event will be an S Class Nissan event. I really wish they would give us some more low class events for the monthlys.

Shift 2 did not have crappy physics at all if you used a wheel.

It easily compared with FM4 in my opinion. Both did certain things right and other things wrong. But I loved using my DFGT in SU2.

It easily compared with FM4 in my opinion. Both did certain things right and other things wrong. But I loved using my DFGT in SU2.

I'm sorry, but no. Not easily, not remotely, not even as an afterthought.

As good as the physics were on the GT-Class cars they still slid about.

Depends. Shift 2 did a few things that Forza doesn't do at all. But what it does, Forza does better, in my opinion.

Shift 2's upgradable cockpits and the wide body kits are something that FM4 would need, too.

We can upgrade our cockpits to a certain extent. Like when you fit Racing Weight Reduction, your cockpit now has a fancy roll cage.

Unfortunately, no. Shift 2 had a fundamentally correct physics system, with fundamentally flawed numbers. It did not compare to FM4.

pCARS on the other hand, does compare very well to FM4.

I'm sorry, but no. Not easily, not remotely, not even as an afterthought.

As good as the physics were on the GT-Class cars they still slid about.

Sorry, but I think that was more because people aren't used to sims where tires actually behave like tires and have very little grip. I don't remember the cars sliding about or anything. What I remember is thay the luysics were harder than both FM4 and GT5. I know "harder != better", but it seemed that SU2 actually felt like I was driving a 2000+ pound machine that wasn'f inteded for these kinds of speeds, something even FM still can't do correctly.

The only other game to do that for me was Enthusia.

Back