Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
I'm not sure if you're serious.

Tires do not behave that way when pushed, and a 2000+ pound vehicle does not slide around like that as if the tires have the grip coefficient of a wet fish being slid across ice. The only cars in 1 and 2 that feel remotely realistic were the low powered ones: the Mk. 1 GTi, the AE86 Corolla, and the likes thereof. Once you made your way to the higher powered vehicles things simply got out of hand.

Sorry, but this must be a case of personal preference.

Personally, I still loved S2U with a wheel, even if it was un-realistic. It felt good enough for me and the FF was AMAZING. It felt like a simulator. Whether or not it was 100% realistic doesn't really matter for me, as it got close enough to do the job

There is a difference between an accurate physics simulation and a game that makes you feel like you're driving a racecar. The two are not entirely dependent.

I'd say that S2U was OK at the first, and great at the second. FM4 is rather the other way around. S2U really makes you feel like you're in a racecar. It's brilliant. But it's a bit like an action movie, it's only just realistic enough to keep the suspension of disbelief going.

Don't get me wrong, I love S2U and I wish T10/PD would make their games a little more visceral. But it's not an example of great physics. Get the pCARS alpha and feel what S2U should have been like had EA not made SMS market it for the NFS crowd.

And that was the point of Shift: to be the most grittiest, most realistic racing experience to date, and it was.

I also neglected to mention (even though I did in a previous post) the jarring difference in calculations between every other car in Unleashed, compared to the GT-class racers.

You can always pick a random wheel and then paint it. Then go back into the wheel upgrade and go through the wheels. Whichever ones come up the color you painted are paintable. At least I think you can do this.... :dunce:

I tried it, and I can confirm that this does indeed work. Thanks.

So I got a really high affinity level with Nissan recently and I couldn't believe it when the game said I get 100% off Nissan parts. The ability to upgrade any car from a manufacturer for FREE just by driving their cars a bunch of times? I'm stunned at how generous this game is. I have never played a racing game that rewards the player this much.

That's one of my favorite parts about the game. All it takes is like 2-3 races and boom, free parts for that manfacturer. None of GT's "Pay 80,000 for single goddamn turbocharger" BS.

That's one of my favorite parts about the game. All it takes is like 2-3 races and boom, free parts for that manfacturer. None of GT's "Pay 80,000 for single goddamn turbocharger" BS.

Agreed. Upgrading cars in GT5 can be quite expensive. It also bugs me how in GT5, for example, the parts for a Ferrari 458 cost exactly the same as parts for a Honda Civic. What's up with that, seriously? It was never like that before.

But totally. It's things like this that want me to keep playing FM4.

GT is trying to be realistic in that aspect. If you can't understand that, what else is there to say?

GT is trying to be realistic in that aspect. If you can't understand that, what else is there to say?

There's a limit to realism. A game is supposed to be FUN, you know. Being too realistic just ends up making the game a chore to play. We play these games to race cars without the danger or cost of real-life racing. I don't play sims to scrape up and conserve money for one turbocharger, I can do that in real life. Just let me experiment with all sorts of parts combinations, as Forza does.

What I like about affinity is that you're racing their cars and they reward you with essentially a works driver package at level 4. I remember some bemoaning the feature before release as it appeared to make the game easy, but in truth it becomes a challenge to level up all manufacturers to that point and allows you to be more creative. I like that wheels and engine swaps don't come part of the package, though.

Every time we get to the second half of the month, I start getting excited about the next DLC, wondering what's going to be in it. Anyone else get antsy like this?

Any news on when the title update is going to be released? Also, the Porsche DLC?

One more thing, after this last DLC of the season pass, is there any news on any other DLC besides the Porsche pack?

Any news on when the title update is going to be released? Also, the Porsche DLC?

One more thing, after this last DLC of the season pass, is there any news on any other DLC besides the Porsche pack?

Can someone please tell me the "title update" is?

Title update reconfigures the XP earned I believe.
I haven't raced for 3 weeks so I can't really tell if its been made available yet.

The April car pack will be revealed tomorrow. :D
I was just linked to this on another website:

http://games.fok.nl/nieuws/534415/1/1/100/forza-4-racet-dlc-naar-binnen-voor-pasen.html
  • 2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3
  • 2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One
  • 2012 Jaguar XKR-S
  • 1995 BMW M5
  • 2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S
  • 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
  • 1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
  • 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
  • 1997 Volvo 850 R
  • 2012 Scion tC

Not bad if it's true, but the '59 Caddy? Even I'm starting to question some of their vehicle choices.

Latest Posts

Back