Forza 4 vs GT5 physics (read the first post before contributing)

Which game do you find has superior physics?

• Gran Turismo 5

Votes: 1,142 80.5%
  • Forza 4

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • They are equal

Votes: 110 7.8%

• Total voters
I played forza 1,2,3 not 4 yet, under the tags of llxcamxll, PpR Furious, iCam v1, TDR ZeroCool. Over those 3 games combined I would of had around 100 150 hot lap records, and sold 40 000 plus tunes on the forza 3 shop front... All with the controller.

Nice, I could never dial in the controller. I know racers out there have smoked records with it. I'm a wheelman myself but give props to the users of the controller. 👍

There is no doubt you can be very fast with the controller (See: Daveyskills) but it's never going to be as fun and involving as a wheel.

There is no doubt you can be very fast with the controller (See: Daveyskills) but it's never going to be as fun and involving as a wheel.
Yeah I met daveyskills in 2007 doing the championship gaming series, I was in both seasons of that and held all lap records except 1, if you ever heard of it. It's funny because in forza 1; me Picasso and gel were considered the top guys, all controller users. Forza 2 was me Picasso daveyskills and backone abs, backone used the wheel. Fm3 the same for the most part. I have found that as the games grow more complex the wheel seems to be the more accessible option where before the wheel wasn't.

Does the Academy use nothing but GT5 to select a winner?

Nope, the GT5 events are to a large degree a competition to select a group of people who may be suitable to be trained as a driver, the actual selection and training takes place entirely on the circuit. Please don't mistake it for what it is, a very well run marketing exercise.

I'm told that one of the journos was quicker in the GT-R and 370Z than some of the finalists...

:D

I'm told that one of the journos was quicker in the GT-R and 370Z than some of the finalists...

:D

Interesting, not that its surprises me.

I've always seen the Academy as a method of selecting a 'potential' someone with the right mindset to be developed as a driver.

Doesn't dismiss how valuable the Academy is, but does re-enforce that first and foremost its a very strong marketing tool.

The first two rounds of GT Academy - the GT5 parts - are just to determine the finalists. The finalists are then assessed for real world driving skill and sense, physical ability and temperament - to pick someone who could, if trained, be a racing driver. They need someone who can bring a car home, quickly and then talk to TV about it.

GT5 has just about nothing to do with it once the final 20ish are picked - though it's interesting how the GT Academy qualifier times tend to match with the real world pace and feel. It's all about picking the racing driver out from the rest - and sometimes it's not the guy who's actually fastest on track amongst the beginners because they'll get 6 months of training for that.

That being said, the winners don't drop GT5 - I know Lucas has mentioned training for the Ring and La Sarthe on GT5 and I suspect Jann had a bit of a practice at Monza/Weather before this last weekend :lol:

The first two rounds of GT Academy - the GT5 parts - are just to determine the finalists. The finalists are then assessed for real world driving skill and sense, physical ability and temperament - to pick someone who could, if trained, be a racing driver. They need someone who can bring a car home, quickly and then talk to TV about it.

GT5 has just about nothing to do with it once the final 20ish are picked - though it's interesting how the GT Academy qualifier times tend to match with the real world pace and feel. It's all about picking the racing driver out from the rest - and sometimes it's not the guy who's actually fastest on track amongst the beginners because they'll get 6 months of training for that.

That being said, the winners don't drop GT5 - I know Lucas has mentioned training for the Ring and La Sarthe on GT5 and I suspect Jann had a bit of a practice at Monza/Weather before this last weekend :lol:

GT's track accuracy has always been a strong advantage for that, certainly I would still rate it as the most accurate version of the 'ring from my own experience.

GT5 has some much better physics, Forza feels like a arcade game compared to GT5.

I really encourage that this post be ignored until author acknowledges he has read past 100 pages with all examples and opinions.

Or we can all just have fun, I agree.

GT5 has some much better physics, Forza feels like a arcade game compared to GT5.

I don't really agree to this, they both have pros and cons, tried Forza 4 couple of days ago, all I can say is it's fun to play, just like GT5. It took me an hour or so to get used to as I don't really like the Xbox controller ...

Driving Force, if your read most of the posts in this thread, you should know that you better be prepared to defend what you have said against those who favor Forza 4 physics, just saying, you'll be busy :) Good luck, buddy

I know you all have fun on debating which has the most realistic physics on console, Forza or GT5. I can answer that question right now, NEITHER. Race Pro by simbin makes both of these games feel like mario cart in the Physics department which is why I still play it to this day.

I know you all have fun on debating which has the most realistic physics on console, Forza or GT5. I can answer that question right now, NEITHER. Race Pro by simbin makes both of these games feel like mario cart in the Physics department which is why I still play it to this day.

Owning and playing all three I would have to disagree, Race Pro is good, but its not that good.

Stating that it make either of them feel like Mario Cart is about as constructive to the thread as the flame-bait GT/Forza is arcade nonsense that the majority of members who post in this thread are battling about.

Quite frankly this topic is, I believe a valuable and valid discussion point, however it is getting to the point that the baseless nonsense that seems to be replacing informed and constructive discussion is slowly killing it.

I don't want to lock it, but unless it gets back to a valid discussion that's going to be the end result.

As of now I'm adding in the same posting conditions to this thread that exist in the GT vs FM discussion, and I would strongly advice those wishing to post in here to ensure they both read and follow them.

Scaff

No.

By no conceivable standard except maybe "First Game to put 'Real Driving Simulator' on the box" is this an accurate statement. It simply is not.

alright, well then what IS the first driving simulator? I'm kinda curious to know :l

Whilst that is possibly true it's not really answering the question is it. The answer can't be neither, they either have to be the same or one is better. The way you're answering it is like asking which is the better driver, Vettel or Hamilton and you answering Schumacher. He wasn't an option.

alright, well then what IS the first driving simulator? I'm kinda curious to know :l

There are a lot of different answers, as there is really no black and white between simulator and arcade. Here is one of the earliest simulators. It was even labeled as such on the box.

it_photo_154096_52.jpg

Owning and playing all three I would have to disagree, Race Pro is good, but its not that good.

Stating that it make either of them feel like Mario Cart is about as constructive to the thread as the flame-bait GT/Forza is arcade nonsense that the majority of members who post in this thread are battling about.

Quite frankly this topic is, I believe a valuable and valid discussion point, however it is getting to the point that the baseless nonsense that seems to be replacing informed and constructive discussion is slowly killing it.

I don't want to lock it, but unless it gets back to a valid discussion that's going to be the end result.

As of now I'm adding in the same posting conditions to this thread that exist in the GT vs FM discussion, and I would strongly advice those wishing to post in here to ensure they both read and follow them.

Scaff

I own and play all three as well and while I did go over board with the mario cart comparison :dopey: I stand by my original post that Race Pro is the most realistic "in terms of purely physics". On the topic of GT5 vs Forza 4, I have said many times on this and in my thread on ForzaPlanet that I feel Forza is the more realistic game, I use a wheel on all three games (lucky Fanatec owner) and I no most GT5 players have logitech wheels and try Forza with a pad so the are bound to think GT5 is more realstic.

SimonK
How so? If that game wasn't created to simulate driving and therefore a 'driving simulator' then my name is Barbara. It was out in 1983.

I don't disagree with that, I'm just saying that I got my answer in before you. :P

hennessey86
I use a wheel on all three games (lucky Fanatec owner) and I no most GT5 players have logitech wheels and try Forza with a pad so the are bound to think GT5 is more realstic.

Not really. Given I had my G25 since GT4 I simply reused it with GT5.

Owning a wheel is, in my opinion, a sign for being a dedicated player. For Forza 2 I tried the MS wheel, discarded it as a toy, and went back to the 360 controller. Which offers a far richer FFB experience than the Sony counterpart.

You'd be surprised how dedicated Forza core users are, not matter the input method. I could even tell from Xbox controller FFB where a tune was not working and when (front wheels mid corner, back wheels corner entry and so on). An experience I don't have with that lousy DS3.

Anyway, and there really is no doubt, Mario Kart is the single best racing game ever made. But we are talking sim-heavy console games, so that doesn't lead anywhere ;)

What has led to something, personally, is that Forza actually addressed some core issues. I take Scaffs word for it as he has made his points very sound.

Despite I still think PD owns the marketing war. Racing in the 24 hours in the Nurburgring for real several times. Doesn't get better than that ;)

I think not having a choice of wheels on the 360 has hurt Forza, you have budget logitec wheels on the PS3 and my first wheel was a DFGT, I think the 360 needs a comparable wheel to that to entice some more players to make the jump from control pad to wheel.

I purchased the LCE FM4, ended up selling xbox and going back to gt5. then bought another xbox, and forza again. Plenty of Iracing thrown in also, as well as the other PC sims (rfactor/rfactor2beta/gtr2/evo/LFS/NetKarPro....list goes on. I'm a t500rs wheel th8 shifter user and have a great deal of fun when i play these games. sadly though, can't report on the forza physics with a wheel. i refuse to buy fanatec gear, when i have a G25 & T500. xbox failed big time with the 360 wheel support.

as was stated by someone earlier, if you take a stock car in GT5 and downgrade the tires 1to 2 compounds, you've got yourself a very accurate physics representation of RL. That being said, GT5 acts nothing like real life when you don't drive the cars the way they're intended to be driven. i.e. if you dive bomb a corner you can often power through without much risk...in Iracing, you'll spin that thing around 7/10 times. same goes for off track recovery, or any type of recovery for that matter. The other console disappointment, that GT can't shake either is the net code..not the best in the world.

GT5 is, IMO, the most fun driver on the market, and I think their physics are worthy of 10/10 if being rated against all things console. 7/10, considering the pc market. Forza...5/10. I love all aformentioned titles though :)

Sorry but I have to ask.

You say this:
That being said, GT5 acts nothing like real life when you don't drive the cars the way they're intended to be driven. i.e. if you dive bomb a corner you can often power through without much risk

and then give it 10/10

GT5 is, IMO, the most fun driver on the market, and I think their physics are worthy of 10/10 if being rated against all things console.

Yet at least two other titles on this generation and two on the last (that I can think off right off the top of my head) will punish you (as they should) for doing that.

That you then give one of them

Forza...5/10. I love all aformentioned titles though :)

Does really sit logically for me. How does it add up that FM4's physics are worth half of GT5s when its accurately reflecting an issue you have with GT5s physics?

Scaff

I purchased the LCE FM4, ended up selling xbox and going back to gt5. then bought another xbox, and forza again. Plenty of Iracing thrown in also, as well as the other PC sims (rfactor/rfactor2beta/gtr2/evo/LFS/NetKarPro....list goes on. I'm a t500rs wheel th8 shifter user and have a great deal of fun when i play these games. sadly though, can't report on the forza physics with a wheel. i refuse to buy fanatec gear, when i have a G25 & T500. xbox failed big time with the 360 wheel support.

as was stated by someone earlier, if you take a stock car in GT5 and downgrade the tires 1to 2 compounds, you've got yourself a very accurate physics representation of RL. That being said, GT5 acts nothing like real life when you don't drive the cars the way they're intended to be driven. i.e. if you dive bomb a corner you can often power through without much risk...in Iracing, you'll spin that thing around 7/10 times. same goes for off track recovery, or any type of recovery for that matter. The other console disappointment, that GT can't shake either is the net code..not the best in the world.

GT5 is, IMO, the most fun driver on the market, and I think their physics are worthy of 10/10 if being rated against all things console. 7/10, considering the pc market. Forza...5/10. I love all aformentioned titles though :)

yet another one who hasn't played forza with a wheel and thinks he can give a score to forzas phyisics.👎👎👎👎👎

hennessey86
yet another one who hasn't played forza with a wheel and thinks he can give a score to forzas phyisics.👎👎👎👎👎

So what your saying is people who havent played with a wheel have no business posting in here?

So much for freedom of expressing your thoughts on a forum.

Just because someone uses a controller only doesnt mean they should be excluded from a discussion.

Back