Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
I know, it's just that PS4's going to be released Holiday 2013, and GT6 is going to be on the PS3, and Forza 5's going to be a launch title for Xbox One.

You know; I'm honestly getting really sick and tired of hearing you guys say "Oh Forza 5 is going to be a launch title on the Xbox one, and PS4 is releasing this holiday season and GT6 is not on it but on PS3." Why does it matter?

You think because FM5 is on XB-one and GT6 will suck cause its on the PS3? There both games we and everyone loves. And please don't believe I'm being a "fanboy" just because I'm writing this on this fourm, I'm not and it's being said on the GT forums as well. I just find this whole thing to be utterly stupid and childish to say games that's on next gen consoles will automatically be better than the others that're on the current consoles. Yes the next gen consoles are strong and all but come on.

It doesn't matter there are new games coming out on the current consoles anyway so don't think because the next gen consoles are coming out, everyone will move on to them, theres some games that'll be cross-over like Watch Dogs...

Seriously just stop this nonsense already it's getting really tiresome and annoying now. You guys are better than this... 👎

EDIT: After this reply I'm not replying back, period. This childish nonsense is honestly embarrassing...

Last edited:
You know; I'm honestly getting really sick and tired of hearing you guys say "Oh Forza 5 is going to be a launch title on the Xbox one, and PS4 is releasing this holiday season and GT6 is not on it but on PS3." Why does it matter?

You think because FM5 is on XB-one and GT6 will suck cause its on the PS3? There both games we and everyone loves. And please don't believe I'm being a "fanboy" just because I'm writing this on this fourm, I'm not and it's being said on the GT forums as well. I just find this whole thing to be utterly stupid and childish to say games that's on next gen consoles will automatically be better than the others that're on the current consoles. Yes the next gen consoles are strong and all but come on.

It doesn't matter there are new games coming out on the current consoles anyway so don't think because the next gen consoles are coming out, everyone will move on to them, theres some games that'll be cross-over like Watch Dogs...

Seriously just stop this nonsense already it's getting really tiresome and annoying now. You guys are better than this... 👎

EDIT: After this reply I'm not replying back, period. This childish nonsense is honestly embarrassing...

Who here is saying it will be better? More processing power allows for a greater game but doesn't guarantee one.

You're the only one here getting up in arms about it.

It matters to the people who want to buy the PS4 at its launch this year. Is it too much to want the best racing series on the playstation at the new generation? I think it would have been possible, but Sony decided otherwise. GT6 will be very good on the PS3, we know that. But many of us just would have liked the graphical jump with the PS4. That is our opinion.

Insulting people, because they have a certain opinion is not right. When it angers you so much, then just dont read the "whining" and "vs"-threads. I also read many stuff that I find really confusing and sometimes stupid, but I just keep it for myself.

I will get Forza 5 and GT6 anyway. I will probably prefer Forza 5, because it is the better "game". We will see, which one is the better "sim".

It matters to the people who want to buy the PS4 at its launch this year. Is it too much to want the best racing series on the playstation at the new generation? I think it would have been possible, but Sony decided otherwise. GT6 will be very good on the PS3, we know that. But many of us just would have liked the graphical jump with the PS4. That is our opinion.

Insulting people, because they have a certain opinion is not right. When it angers you so much, then just dont read the "whining" and "vs"-threads. I also read many stuff that I find really confusing and sometimes stupid, but I just keep it for myself.

I will get Forza 5 and GT6 anyway. I will probably prefer Forza 5, because it is the better "game". We will see, which one is the better "sim".

The new consoles wont have a huge gap with the ps3/xbox360. The biggest things that the new game will have is more refine Antialiasing and better fluidity. But the graphical gap wont be that big.

Beside, PD like to takes time to learn new hardware if GT6 was on ps4, it would not be released this year. it's not possible. If they could make it that fast this time it's because they know the console on the back of their hands. Check PD history you'll see that they usually dont release Gran Turismo game at the release of the console.

GT6 will be very good on the PS3, we know that. But many of us just would have liked the graphical jump with the PS4. That is our opinion.

Opinion or not, it cannot be denied that it will be more financially viable to release GT6 to the already incredibly well-established owner base rather than a brand new hot-off-the-press system.

They will certainly sell more copies of GT6 than they will FM5, regardless of which is the better game.

When standards and other recycled assets are not in the mix, GT5 looks damn good. Now that PD has had several years to learn the PS3 architecture inside and out, I have high hopes that that we'll see noticeable improvement in the graphics as well as no more screen tearing. Honestly, the only place where the graphics look bad are where PD ported content (which unfortunately is a lot) and not due to hardware limitations.

The biggest upgrade that the PS4 would allow is more cars on screen.

I just fired up GT5 after playing FM4 for a couple hours to draw a current comparison. I really hope PD figures out their audio situation in GT6. The sound in GT5 was simply awful. I don't even know how to describe the sound coming out of the race-mod C6 Corvette. I tried every setting I could think of, including setting my receiver to direct mode so that it passes the audio directly through in 7.1 multi-channel and it still didn't help (in other words the audio processing was being done by the PS3 and not my receiver).

People complain so much about T10s DLC and how "greedy" they are and giving them your wallet etc. PD takes AGES to add new cars... specially newer ones. Let me tell you something that maybe you don't know. Money....... you want specific output, want it done fast, and. lately, want it done good? Outsource. Which takes? Money. Which you pay, when you get the game, which they recover with the DLC sales.... To produce? more DLC.

DLC gets selected prior to game shipping... and you prefund when you buy the game day 1

GT6 will get a bunch of touched up tracks, maybe, we don't know, and I hope not. But getting up in arms because you get new content, many times before those cars touch the dealership or are tested by car journos, is laughable. You won't get it for free, games are a business, not a goodwill. Prices are even pretty cheap if you compare to any other dev.

Horizons situation is a bit different, but here's what we know. It was done with T10 assets, not a T10 game, licenses maybe need to be repaid since it was another game. We don't really know how this work. You chose to vote with your wallets, so why are you complaining? you made your choice

I simply support the dev that gives me why I want in a game. And T10 has been that dev since Forza in 05. It has worked for my advantage all this time. It's a gamble, if I loose then I take my money elsewhere next time around

After buying gt5 DLC and seeing fantasy race cars buying the fm4 DLC was like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine. I enjoy ever single one if those packs. You don't need them to play the game so I don't see the problem.

the thing is, if gt6 would have better sounds and costumazation options, then no one would complain and everyone would play Gran Turismo.

the thing is, if gt6 would have better sounds and costumazation options, then no one would complain and everyone would play Gran Turismo.

And a proper tyre model.
And a proper suspension model.
And no standard cars and tracks.
And AI that was faster than a snail crawling uphill in the snow.
And Rivals Mode.
And an Auction House/Storefront.
And Autovista.
And all the other things that people enjoy about Forza.

Don't get me wrong, Forza's missing some great things that GT has. There's a list at least as long of stuff from GT that I wish Forza had.

But don't think that GT is some sounds and a livery editor away from being the best game hands down, because it's just not true.

And a proper tyre model.
And a proper suspension model.
And no standard cars and tracks.
And AI that was faster than a snail crawling uphill in the snow.
And Rivals Mode.
And an Auction House/Storefront.
And Autovista.
And all the other things that people enjoy about Forza.

Don't get me wrong, Forza's missing some great things that GT has. There's a list at least as long of stuff from GT that I wish Forza had.

You don't need all of that... we want to race, and feel the road on the Wheel, and GT does that much better than Forza, even if the Tyres or Suspension Model is not the best.

People want a perfect Game, but there is not a perfect Game.

But don't think that GT is some sounds and a livery editor away from being the best game hands down, because it's just not true.

Did i say that?

Last edited:
you dont need all of that, you want to race, and feel the road on the wheel, and gt does that much better than forza, even if the tyres or suspension model isnt the best.

people want a perfect game, but there isnt a perfect game.

In your opinion, and given that PD have acknowledged the work they need to do in regard to the tyre and suspension models I would guess they don't share that opinion.

GT5 has some quite serious issues in these areas and no matter how you 'feel' about 'feel' in GT5, if its not actually replicating vehicle dynamics correctly then for many, many people you do need those things.

As for racing in GT5? Great if you find the right room on-line, not so great with the current AI off-line.

Oh and from the AUP:
AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Please make sure you follow it.

Did i say that?

Your post strongly implied that.

Last edited:
Did i say that?

It was pretty strongly implied. The implication being that with those two things, everyone would play it because it would be better in every way.

If that's not what you meant, then by all means I take it back.

you dont need all of that, you want to race, and feel the road on the wheel, and gt does that much better than forza, even if the tyres or suspension model isnt the best.

You'd do well to remember that this is an opinion. You think GT feels better. Other people may not, and that's exactly the reason why even if better sounds and customization were added, everyone wouldn't immediately leave Forza in the dust.

Edit: Tree'd by Scaff. ;)

In your opinion, and given that PD have acknowledged the work they need to do in regard to the tyre and suspension models I would guess they don't share that opinion.

GT5 has some quite serious issues in these areas and no matter how you 'feel' about 'feel' in GT5, if its not actually replicating vehicle dynamics correctly then for many, many people you do need those things.

As for racing in GT5? Great if you find the right room on-line, not so great withe the current AI off-line.

Oh and from the AUP:

Please make sure you follow it.

Your post strongly implied that.

Alright.

One more thing about the AI, i must laugh that everytime i play forza, the AI is very easy, but the one in the front is very diffrent then the rest... hes Faster, more aggressive etc. why didnt they do every AI (CPU drivers) like that....

sorry for my English

What difficulty are you playing on?

And the Forza AI's each have their own 'personality'. Been like this since Forza 2.

Oh i dont know the Difficulty that me and my Brother played...
We had alooot of fun, Costumazing cars, Listening to the awesome sounds, racing ...and ye..

At the moment he sold the xbox with the Fanatec Wheel, and bought a playseat with g27 and gt5...

Playseat is like new and g27 too, for only around 300 € :)

Last edited:
You don't need all of that... we want to race, and feel the road on the Wheel, and GT does that much better than Forza, even if the Tyres or Suspension Model is not the best.

Forza gets cars right. GT does not. And you have tons of options to choose from when setting up a race. When it comes to racing Forza leads. I don't know about wheels, haven't tried Forza with one. But I don't really play GT5 anymore since any time I feel like racing, Forza is a better choice. And it's pretty much right down to the tire and suspension model too. You can't just brush that off.

People want a perfect Game, but there is not a perfect Game.
No, people want a game that doesn't have as many flaws and strange aspects as GT5.

GT gets wheels right in the sense that you most of them you can plug in and have it just work.

Presumably the MS wheel does the same for FM4, but realistically these days if you're playing with a wheel it's probably a Fanatec. And it does take a fair bit of fluffing around to get it feeling right. It feels good when you get it dialed in, better than GT for me, but it took me more than an hour to get to that stage.

Of course, if I'd not been a knob and just looked up settings on the internet I could probably have been done in 5 minutes. But noooo, I had to be a guy and try and do it myself first. :P

FORZA boooooooooooooooooooooooo

tumblr_mhuxxn6zkF1s5o3aso1_400.gif

I guess that's what he thinks of Forza and Microsoft :/

I'd hope they squeeze it up to about 20. 20 is getting towards realistic sort of numbers for a random real life race.
This.

Edit :
One more thing about the AI, i must laugh that everytime i play forza, the AI is very easy, but the one in the front is very diffrent then the rest... hes Faster, more aggressive etc. why didnt they do every AI (CPU drivers) like that....
Funny, coz this is the exact description of 100% of the races in GT5, standard A-Spec career or Seasonal Events.

AI in FM4 is far from being perfect, they tend to be way too aggressive, their "loss of control" scripted behavior looks retarded, and they have a number of "dead angles" where they just don't see you, but at least every single race is not a rabbit chase where you start 40 seconds behind the leader which just so happen to conveniently race in a ridiculously overpowered car (by the game's AI standards).

Edit 2 : If you have a hard time keeping up with the leader in FM4 while playing easy mode, then maybe you should consider improving your driving technique.

Edit 3 : Or maybe work on your car upgrades.

Last edited:
Back