Forza 5 Is A Major Dissapointment, Will DLC Save It?

• Thread starter Macrinus
  • 825 comments
Haven't they just changed it to what PD did with GT5? Reduced the price of cars by 50% for a limited period and upped the payouts - that was the news I read this morning.
I see that more as a stopgap rather than a solution. They still need to show they've listened to the community and at a minimum reduce the intrusiveness of token messaging and increase the value per token.

I think I'm the only person who isn't disappointed that the Nurburgring isn't in the game. I think it's an awful track and way to over rated. Not having Maple Valley though is a big disappointment.

Are you referring to the fact that the FM4 Ring' is a terrible track or that The Ring' is a terrible track generally?
Cos' the actual Ring' is one of the sexiest locations to test the mettle and limits of a high-powered car.

Are you referring to the fact that the FM4 Ring' is a terrible track or that The Ring' is a terrible track generally?
Cos' the actual Ring' is one of the sexiest locations to test the mettle and limits of a high-powered car.

The ring is a terrible track in general. I always hated racing on it in every game.

The Nordschleife has the attributes I like most in a racecourse; it's varied, hilly, and with plenty of sweeping corners. The fact that you can complete an average-length (for a videogame) race with just a single lap, making it like a point-to-point course, is one of the things that endeared me to the track way back in PGR2.

Basically, I love it because it's a road instead of a modern, safety-compromised bore of a racetrack. Safety is nice enough in the real world but the design considerations only detract from the experience in a videogame.

It's only downside is that is too hard for some people. It me really hard for me to learn as well. But now it's my favourite track by far. I can't wait to it's return to the forza franchise.

You're a special case.

I really don't see how that is. Racing on a track with limited passing room and one that's that long just isn't interesting. It's fine for hot lapping, but as far as an actual race is concerned I'll pass.

I'd rather race on Road America or Laguna Seca.

I see what Joey's saying. Other than the magic curbs, I always thought the Forza ring was more enjoyable to actually race on than the real one represented in other games.

I can also see where Joey is coming from, but with my own preferences and my experiences with close duels in splitscreen and on Xbox Live over various games/iterations, I just don't agree, is all.

Road America and Laguna Seca are actually great examples of the sort of track I don't like, with their abrupt Z-like arrangement of corners and straights. There are too many tracks like that in FM4 and FM5, IMO.

I really don't see how that is. Racing on a track with limited passing room and one that's that long just isn't interesting. It's fine for hot lapping, but as far as an actual race is concerned I'll pass.

I'd rather race on Road America or Laguna Seca.

That's exactly why there is a real life 24 hours race with 200 cars in multiple classes with GT3s passing slower cars constantly at day at night, on rainy and on foggy days. Well if the skill is missing one should definitly stay away from the nordschleife. Its Fame doesn't come from being so easy to race on.

Last edited:
That's exactly why there is a real life 24 hours race with 200 cars in multiple classes with GT3s passing slower cars constantly. Well if the skill is missing one should definitly stay away from the nordschleife. Its Fame doesn't come from being so easy to race on.

There's not much skill required with a virtual representation of any track. Driving the Ring in real life is going to be vastly different and I assume rather interesting, as well as challenging. From a video game perspective though it's not very entertaining for me, which is why I'm glad Turn 10 spent time getting other tracks correct than worrying about laser scanning the Ring.

There's not much skill required with a virtual representation of any track. Driving the Ring in real life is going to be vastly different and I assume rather interesting, as well as challenging. From a video game perspective though it's not very entertaining for me, which is why I'm glad Turn 10 spent time getting other tracks correct than worrying about laser scanning the Ring.
Well they did what you wanted the last two games. I hope this time they are gonna do what I want. If the new Nordschleife DLC is accurate I will throw my money at them and if it's a fantasytrack, well there is still GT6.
Anyway one of us is going to be disappointed. Let's see how many people are willing to open their wallets for a Fantasy version of the Nürburgring. But i understand that we have a different view of the track. I live near germany and I have driven on the track before and it's very far away from where you live.

Last edited:
Well they did what you wanted the last two games. I hope this time they are gonna do what I want. If the new Nordschleife DLC is accurate I will throw my money at them and if it's a fantasytrack, well there is still GT6.
Anyway one of us is going to be disappointed. Let's see how many people are willing to open their wallets for a Fantasy version of the Nürburgring.

If the Ring is DLC, I won't be disappointed, I just won't buy it. That's probably the simplest method.

I don't understand why everyone is being a dick to each other about this. I am getting the XBONE but I am also planning on getting GT6 (Since I have a PS3). I think they're both going to be good games and I plan on playing both. Sure Forza 5 has a small number of cars and tracks, but GT6 still has many standards and it's own ridiculousness. My opinion, I hate ALL you people for complaining, and not the game. Let's just play the 🤬 games!

Driving the Ring in real life is going to be vastly different and I assume rather interesting, as well as challenging.
And you would also be surprised how many people train on GT5 to know the layout of the Nordschleife better before they drive on the track itself. I did exactly that. If FM5 has a laser scanned Nordschleife, it would be a awesome.
Maybe they could to the same to the Nürburgring what they did to Spa.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eal-life-spa-francorchapms-comparison.291013/

And you would also be surprised how many people train on GT5 to know the layout of the Nordschleife better before they drive on the track itself. I did exactly that. If FM5 has a laser scanned Nordschleife, it would be a awesome.
Maybe they could to the same to the Nürburgring what they did to Spa.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eal-life-spa-francorchapms-comparison.291013/
That doesn't mean anything more than the claims that GT5 produces real race car drivers through the Academy, though. Joey is 100% correct, it is completely different once you're out there on the track. The only thing playing the track in video games does is give you an idea of what's coming next & that can be done with any course in any video game. You can know all day where the Karussell is at & what's after it, but that's about all the game will do. You'll still approach every turn with the same caution you would on any other track you've never been on, virtual or real life.

That's like saying I bought a car with 120hp and that isn't sufficient so performance upgrades should be free.

You knew what you were buying when you got the game, if the amount of content seemed lacking to you, then you shouldn't have bought it.
That's for daily transportation in hindsight the real world. We're talking about entertainment value, 14 is just too low thats 3 tracks more than GT1.

That doesn't mean anything more than the claims that GT5 produces real race car drivers through the Academy, though. Joey is 100% correct, it is completely different once you're out there on the track. The only thing playing the track in video games does is give you an idea of what's coming next & that can be done with any course in any video game. You can know all day where the Karussell is at & what's after it, but that's about all the game will do. You'll still approach every turn with the same caution you would on any other track you've never been on, virtual or real life.
And the more accurate the Track is depicted in the sim , the better You get the idea what is coming next. It won't work with the Version of fm4 as it is very inaccurate but the one in gt5 is actually ok. That is all i ask for and the nordschleife is harder to memorize than most tracks.
But whatever i bet the dlc nordschleife will be quite good. If you don't like a realistic Nürburgring, don't buy it.
Here is the Blog of some guy who wants to start at the 24h race. http://mywayto24h.tumblr.com/
Well the first thing he started with was to memorize the ideal line on GT5.

Last edited:
That's for daily transportation in hindsight the real world. We're talking about entertainment value, 14 is just too low thats 3 tracks more than GT1.

You still knew exactly what you were buying though, anyone who has a problem with the track count being so small and purchased the game only has themselves to blame.

And the more accurate the Track is depicted in the sim , the better You get the idea what is coming next. It won't work with the Version of fm4 as it is very inaccurate but the one in gt5 is actually ok. That is all i ask for and the nordschleife is harder to memorize than most tracks.
But whatever i bet the dlc nordschleife will be quite good. If you don't like a realistic Nürburgring, don't buy it.
Here is the Blog of some guy who wants to start at the 24h race. http://mywayto24h.tumblr.com/
Well the first thing he started with was to memorize the ideal line on GT5.
FM4's version is off, but the general layout remains the same. Regardless, it can be as accurate down to the last grass blade. Doesn't change the fact you can practice 100 laps in GT5 or FM4 & nothing is going to change at how you approach (or should approach) a track you've never physically been on.

FM4's version is off, but the general layout remains the same. Regardless, it can be as accurate down to the last grass blade. Doesn't change the fact you can practice 100 laps in GT5 or FM4 & nothing is going to change at how you approach (or should approach) a track you've never physically been on.

Also let's not forget that people who have driven the video game and the tracks in said game have been more apprehensive to push the limit in real life than the game. There is no loss in a game and you can always restart, real life is a different story though. Also if you look at the GTA winners only one of them was a full on gamer that never did karting or autocross or track days so that should tell you something. @azrael1965

I agree with that, but to have a more acurate Track, doesn't hurt either does it? There must be a reason that iracing is using laserscanned tracks and t10 themselves have mentioned lasertracking. Nürburgring is a iconic Motorsport Site in Germany and if there is a Virtual Version of it in a semisim i would expect it to have the same length. It would be strange if they added 0,22 Miles to Laguna seca.

I agree with that, but to have a more acurate Track, doesn't hurt either does it? There must be a reason that iracing is using laserscanned tracks and t10 themselves have mentioned lasertracking. Nürburgring is a iconic Motorsport Site in Germany and if there is a Virtual Version of it in a semisim i would expect it to have the same length.
All it does is increase the authenticity of it, which is fine because that's the whole point behind it being represented in a game. It doesn't really change the point that people shouldn't be "training on GT5" to learn the track, though.

Back