Forza 5 Vs. Driveclub Comparison

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 24 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako

Requested by a lot of people,
Which game looks more impressive in your opinion?

Note: Forza 5 plays after Driveclub

It's really to early to compare the two games yet. As far as I know neither of them have confirmed release dates. Both only have one trailer and we know little about each. That being said we have an idea on what kind of game Forza 5 is going to be. We know little on the aspects of Driveclub such as how the physics are going to be, if it's going to be a sim or arcade or what the overall atmosphere is going to be like. There is just too many variables that we don't know quite yet to make an accurate comparison. Or even to chose a definitive favorite.

You know ... there also needs to be a "FM5 vs Doritos comparison" thread, or what about a "FM5 vs Cheeseburger comparison", and let us not forget about the "FM5 vs Tsukemen dipping ramen comparison" thread.

You know ... there also needs to be a "FM5 vs Doritos comparison" thread, or what about a "FM5 vs Cheeseburger comparison", and let us not forget about the "FM5 vs Tsukemen dipping ramen comparison" thread.

Forza might win against Doritos; but with the Mountain Dew DLC Forza is totally screwed.

I believe the "Forza 5 vs Peanutbutter comparison" is the most popular at the moment.

Save time and make a "FM5 vs The World" thread.

Not to be confused with "Scott Pilgrim vs The World", but we can compare that with FM5 too while we're at it.

Forza might win against Doritos; but with the Mountain Dew DLC Forza is totally screwed.

Ugh, TB totally reused old assets from their last taco for the Doritos Taco. I can't believe I waited 5 years for that. They even reused the sounds when you bite into one.

Forza vs my PB & J on lunch.

Forza is definitely losing right now.. this sandwhich is delicious. Especially because I left it in the fridge for the past 5 hours.

Until we see more gameplay footage it's kind of hard to tell. Trailers are just a way to get you excited about the game, they rarely give you any insight to what the game will be like to play or even look like.

Based on what I've seen about Driveclub though, it looks like it's more focused on sportscar and supercar, which to me is kind of meh. I enjoy driving the faster cars from time to time, but most of the time I have way more fun with slower, more real-life obtainable cars when it comes to racing games.

Driveclub is not a sim > Forza is probably better

Driveclube is a sim > unknown

From what i saw from the gameplay footage the game is defenitly Arcade.
Lets not even begin with the cars Forza has. The options, Tuning Photomode, Online, Rivals, Autovista, Pirelli and pedigree. Driveclub wont even come close.

You know putting one trailer after the other isn't exactly a comparison video. I can do that myself quite easily.

From what i saw from the gameplay footage the game is defenitly Arcade.
Lets not even begin with the cars Forza has. The options, Tuning Photomode, Online, Rivals, Autovista, Pirelli and pedigree. Driveclub wont even come close.

Not to point out the obvious, but we know nearly nothing about Driveclub. We certainly don't know how it will feature (or if it will feature) all those things that you listed.

Discussing it at this stage is pointless. The thread might as well ask "How much do you love Forza?", because the only rational responses are "I'll wait and see what Driveclub has to offer" and "I love Forza so much that I'll buy it even if it comes with a side serving of rabies".

The second one isn't entirely rational, but then it's a bit tongue in cheek as well. :P

Not to point out the obvious, but we know nearly nothing about Driveclub. We certainly don't know how it will feature (or if it will feature) all those things that you listed.

Discussing it at this stage is pointless. The thread might as well ask "How much do you love Forza?", because the only rational responses are "I'll wait and see what Driveclub has to offer" and "I love Forza so much that I'll buy it even if it comes with a side serving of rabies".

The second one isn't entirely rational, but then it's a bit tongue in cheek as well. :P

Watch the slide at 0:25. I'm not impressed at all by this. Too me it looks like NFS. The way the car handles is not simlike.

While i do get your point that it's too early too judge i'm quite sure FM5 will be the best racegame up too this point on console at least.

Already highest rated of the previous generation even without nightracing, weather, rally, f1 etc. T10 will most likely ad a few of these features if not all of them and bundle them in what is already the the best racinggame i've played. It can only get better from here on.

Ps: @T12 whats up with my youtube code?

1. That's not Driveclub. It's Project CARS.

2. While pCARS is still under development, if you don't think it's at least sim-like then there's no discussion to be had here. If you haven't played it...well, you're missing out. ;)

We know nothing about Driveclub. Best to keep an open mind. At the moment, it could be the next Burnout or it could be the next Ferrari Challenge. Neither would surprise me.

P.S. For Youtube you only put the letters/numbers after the equals sign between the brackets. Quote a post where it seems to work if you want to look at how someone else has done it. ;)

Not a lot to compare at this point between the two games, I am very interested in Drive Club though and would like to know a lot more about it. The cars look great, that is what attracted me to Forza4 and eventually led me away from GT5. I know Forza5 is going to have a great car list, I am not yet impressed with what I see from GT6 and there is very little out on Drive Club. I do know that the PS4 is looking better to me than XboxOne at this point for several reasons. This could get very interesting. Hopefully Evolution Studios will release enough on Drive Club in very near the future to warrant it's own space, another option is a wonderful thing.

Back