Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
I respect the F4 for the careful detailing of the tire tread. In F5 is why it is simplified.

And my comparison of detail route Sarte in GT6, F4 and F5
Shrubs, trees, stands, buildings, people on the edges of the track

And I noticed that in GT6 maximum steering angle of the front wheels of the car is higher than in the F4 and F5.
I will make the video to check it out.
The main difference between F4, F5 from GT6 it seems to me that in tom Forza - tuning - it is a craft, it is a difficult science.
In GT simply to limit the power of the engine, or add ballast.

Most strongly - that I was disappointed in the F5 - that - that Lotus F1 with 300kmch brakes twice shorter distance than in reality.

Attachments

• GetPhoto.ashx36.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashx36.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
  • GetPhoto.ashx5г4г45.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashx5г4г45.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (без шикан)_45.jpg
    Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (без шикан)_45.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
It's only the visual steering angle, too. Which really just makes it more confusing. I can see how it might be an issue on open wheel cars, going full lock to lock, but they could still go a farther than they do.

Turn in while driving does seem very different in GT6 compared to FM5. The cars feel more apt to turn and with much less over-steer. However, I'm at a loss simply because I don't know which is more accurate.

It's only the visual steering angle, too. Which really just makes it more confusing. I can see how it might be an issue on open wheel cars, going full lock to lock, but they could still go a farther than they do.

It goes beyond visual unfortunately.. the tires just don't want to turn at anything over 60 kph. Though prototypes have more freedom.

Turn in while driving does seem very different in GT6 compared to FM5. The cars feel more apt to turn and with much less over-steer. However, I'm at a loss simply because I don't know which is more accurate.

It is those stupid controller assists coupled with speed sensitive steering. If you're on a wheel, select 900 degs.. you should have no problems at all.

It seems to me that Silvia in F5 - not correctly modeled. Headlights are too narrow, the bumper from ordinary Sylvia, not spec-R Steam car does not look like. In GT6 Silvia more lush.

Attachments

• GetPhoto.ashxfn.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashxfn.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Silverstone International Circuit_2.jpg
    Silverstone International Circuit_2.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 8
  • GetPhoto.ashxdfn.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashxdfn.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Silverstone International Circuit_3.jpg
    Silverstone International Circuit_3.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Silverstone International Circuit.jpg
    Silverstone International Circuit.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 9
  • GetPhoto.ashxfdn.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashxfdn.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 8
  • GetPhoto.ashxnd.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashxnd.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Silverstone International Circuit_4.jpg
    Silverstone International Circuit_4.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Silverstone International Circuit_5.jpg
    Silverstone International Circuit_5.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 9
  • GetPhoto.ashxx.jpeg
    GetPhoto.ashxx.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 7
It seems to me that Silvia in F5 - not correctly modeled. Headlights are too narrow, the bumper from ordinary Sylvia, not spec-R Steam car does not look like. In GT6 Silvia more lush.
Those aren't the same models. GT6 includes the Silvia spec-R Aero from 2002 and the car you see in FM5 is the Silvia Spec-R from 2000.

ok i'm 100 races in and in a odd situation as i bought GT6 about a year ago and just recently bought a ps4 and xbox one so naturally i got driveclub and fh2 and forza5 in the space of a week

forza 5 initially really disappointed me as it was so stripped down it felt like a tech demo

everything about it was so badly thought out especially in comparison to fh2... eg. in fh2 you can tune prior to a race... hell i think you can tune the car ON THE FLY

in forza 5 you have to backout to the car menu and you cant tune once you're committed to a race (this is nextgen?)

however i finished fh2 and it doesnt have great staying power

forza 5 though is a real diamond in the rough

the drive model and track modelling is unparralleled

i drive simulation all aids off

i knew from the 1st few corners of lauterbrunnen in a bmw m1 that this game is special

this is in stark difference to fh2 and driveclub where the first few laps were met with 'ehh???'

you cannot even compare to gt6 drive model and i put gt6 above both fh2 and of course, driveclub

however a year later forza 5 is effectively dead, gt6 isnt even half done yet (gimme b-spec yo)

there is no 'game' in forza 5 besides that drive model, forza 5 is effectively "Forza 6 Prologue", no one likes Top Gear bowling or incredible terrible boring mission structure, why force me to do these races, let me choose

shame on MS for charging $60 for this... it came free with my xbox one so i'm much less critical in that regard

the music sucks, so does Long Beach and so does Yas Marina and the awesome DLC, in some classes the majority of cars is dlc!

i do like tuning the cars and whipping the ass out of the opposition on bathurst prague SPA! even catalyuna silverstone

and you cant even compare something like bathurst xb1 to bathurst gt6

the lightning mode in forza 5 isnt dynamic however they have got the lighting largely correct... this is how it looks like (i work in bathurst and this is as close as it gets on any platform)

i think fh2 best uses the rumble and vibration in the new controller however there's a lot of subtlely in the controller feedback in forza 5

you drive a v8 you can feel the torque pull when you accelerate in the controller, the sound of the cars is the best in the industry with appropriate crackles and backfire

theres a lot to like in forza 5 if you accept it as the most accurate 3 lap race on a limited number of cars and tracks

we look back at forza2 etc which asked for 10 laps and wonder how we did it back then! and what is it with only 3 laps and gold for 1st 2nd and 3rd?

are peoples span of attention so low and need for awards for being rubbish so prevalent? i actually sat there mouth open and then giggled at turn10s pandering to public mediocrity... i'm sorry Dan Greenwalt, in the real world only winners get gold!

this is next gen, people!

and people complain that GT6 is too hard - IT SHOULD BE HARD! Motorsport IS TOUGH or everyone would be race car drivers (as much as GT6 and Forza5 is 'motorsport'). Go play driveclub if simulations is too much.

GT6 and FM5 don't reflect much motorsport as they do driving. They even stripped down much of the single player racing events in GT5 and 6 compared GT4 to make anything there real racing. It is called "The real driving simulator" the only close thing to motorsprt they have is progression is racing around circuits. You can argue the online is the real motorsport section but all they included is Qualifying which was pretty much needed as results based or random grids didn't work out for some people.

I would have to agree with you gentlemen; neither one is a proper simulator or even a motorsport game. It is a track driving game, where you pick a track and car, tune it to your desire and hone your skills. And you know? That works great.

Though I would love to see endurance races and pit stops in FM6. Even if there isn't a day/night cycle, I would at least hope to have the ability to choose between different times of day on ALL tracks. Kinda like the Suzuka day/evening or Hockenheim day/evening thing going on in FM4. Though on a deeper level: full night driving. Mist, fog, rain, snow...ahh, the possibilities. :D

It's only about 9 months or so away: would much rather get the X1 for FM6.

Last edited:
Forza wins in the graphics category. GT wins in photomode quality. Forza wins in engine sounds. GT wins in physics. Forza wins in car quality (all cars have interiors). GT wins in track/car selection. Forza wins in car customization. And although they're gone in GT6, GT gets endurance races. Oh yeah, GT also gets day/night.

Like the transition from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, FM5 is basically a tiny DLC pack for FM4 and updated graphics. GT6, although it could be called GT5 Spec 2.5 at first, was a big improvement over GT5. While FM5 beats GT6 in many ways, GT6 also beats FM5 in many ways. GT6 brought new stuff to the game which wasn't just content; we got revamped physics. FM5 barely evolved from FM4 as far as sequels go. If they did do something with FM5 other than graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics and graphics, then Forza could've been in the lead again.

Last edited:
Barely evolved? Really? Physics and sounds... no? First version on new hardware; cut em' some slack mate!

GT wins in physics? Fo real?? :lol::lol::lol:

Forza certainly isn't all about graphics.. you see a launch title is also a lot about pleasing all the key players who have a lot riding on these franchises. Showcasing the franchise on a new console with graphics is a must in this industry.

Though I would say, apart from the tire smoke effects, Forza doesn't really need improvements in graphics. Physics and sounds is what I'm looking forward to the most.

GT6, although it could be called GT5 Spec 2.5 at first, was a big improvement over GT5.

Was it just? I'm not sure that GT6 deserves even to be called GT5 2.5 yet, that would imply that it includes all that GT5 had and some more content or improvements.

It doesn't.

And although they're gone in GT6, GT gets endurance races.

Besides, you know someone is reaching when they include as a positive something that isn't even in the game.

If you wanna go down that path, Horizon has time and weather and an open world. Why don't we give FM5 credit for that as well? Oh right, because it's not in the game.

You wanna compare the two games? Stick to stuff that's actually in them.
You wanna compare the two franchises? Then you need to stop cherry picking from one side.

GT6 brought new stuff to the game which wasn't just content; we got revamped physics. FM5 barely evolved from FM4 as far as sequels go.

So GT6 is better because it got revamped physics.

FM5 is not better because it got revamped physics.

What?

How about this: you name some way in which GT6 improved on GT5 that is not also a way in which FM5 improved on FM4. Then we can talk.

If they did do something with FM5 other than graphics, graphics, graphics, graphics and graphics, then Forza could've been in the lead again.

Irony.

You're right, Polyphony has never been known for their devotion to graphics at the expense of all else. They would never push graphical quality at the expense of frame rate, sounds, AI, or anything else. [/sarcasm]

Polyphony has spent the entire seventh generation crowing about their fantastic graphics. To be fair, they're pretty good, even if they do come at quite a high price at times.

FM5 is on a more powerful console. Of course it looks nice. That doesn't mean that all they worked on is graphics, as you'd know if you played the game.

"How about this: you name some way in which GT6 improved on GT5 that is not also a way in which FM5 improved on FM4. Then we can talk."

:lol:

"Polyphony has spent the entire seventh generation crowing about their fantastic graphics. To be fair, they're pretty good, even if they do come at quite a high price at times.

FM5 is on a more powerful console. Of course it looks nice. That doesn't mean that all they worked on is graphics, as you'd know if you played the game."

👍👍

The physics improvement is also way more drastic in FM5 vs FM4 than GT6 vs GT5, cars in GT6 got exaggerated body roll for all cars, not accounting for suspension type, even your nissan leaf dips like a classic muscle car at every turn. Remind me of GTA 4 in this regard, just ridiculous all around. But of course some people will claim that more = better.

LoD has always been lower on certain cars. There's nothing to say that the bottom image is the player's car.

Besides which, on GT6, the LoD switch on distant cars is obvious.

^^ Good stuff. I wonder when sims on a console will reach that level of power when all the "showroom", photomode and gameplay shots look EXACTLY the same.. all at a buttery smooth 60 fps.

You would think that's possibly by now - 2015. Oh well. :rolleyes:

The physics improvement is also way more drastic in FM5 vs FM4 than GT6 vs GT5, cars in GT6 got exaggerated body roll for all cars, not accounting for suspension type, even your nissan leaf dips like a classic muscle car at every turn. Remind me of GTA 4 in this regard, just ridiculous all around. But of course some people will claim that more = better.
That's absolutely false. The body-roll in a Leaf is nothing like the body roll in a racing car, it vary even depending of the tyres that you mount (G's peak), like in real life.

In fact the body-roll in GT6 is accurately represented, if you want to compare physics with something real rather than other idealized games.

bodyrollafqun.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/ndhqbcw
http://tinyurl.com/lakm2qy

This is the body-roll physics you should be looking for when pushing road cars in a sim:

bodyroll4rkku.gif

View attachment 287444
its the same on F5??
can someone do this in F5??
It is. In game you never see the photomode or autovista car details/shaders, no matter how close is the camera to the car, on replays, etc. In FM4 in game modes with only one car on track they used a more detailed car model. I guess will be the same in FM5 with a single car but I have not checked.

The body roll on some cars looked over the top sometimes, with out having played the game I don't have much to add to that though.

It is. In game you never see the photomode or autovista car details/shaders, no matter how close is the camera to the car, on replays, etc. In FM4 in game modes with only one car on track they used a more detailed car model. I guess will be the same in FM5 with a single car but I have not checked.
I wouldn't doubt it, although it's not like this is something new to video games. I'm fine with it, as it has never effected my gameplay. No matter te camera angle used while playing, those are very hard to notice anyways. If they have to take away detail from something that's hardly noticeable, while driving, then I'm all for it if it helps the game run smoother.

That's absolutely false. The body-roll in a Leaf is nothing like the body roll in a racing car, it vary even depending of the tyres that you mount (G's peak), like in real life.

In fact the body-roll in GT6 is accurately represented, if you want to compare physics with something real rather than other idealized games.

bodyrollafqun.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/ndhqbcw
http://tinyurl.com/lakm2qy

This is the body-roll physics you should be looking for when pushing road cars in a sim:

bodyroll4rkku.gif

Agreed, thanks for posting that GIF. I honestly haven't seen that kind of real-life body roll in most sims. And Forza really needs to get this right.

Forza 5 definitely does offer roll-on oversteer, amongst every other form of it, and all too readily if you're not smooth with it.

Latest Posts

Back