Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
the first alpha is out :drool:

driftstag1okune.jpg

driftstage20eu4p.jpg

driftstage3z6upr.jpg

:bowdown:

I must say, I read @legacyMACHINE's status and I frantically chased down the alpha for a little test. After finding it, I had a few laps of 1980's delicious driving.

Of course, the game is far too young (as in it's still an alpha) for a proper review, but I like the direction the game is taking. If the producers can stay focused and continue to develop the game, it has tons of potential. It looks very unique, and it does not slow down in the slightest while driving. The physics took a while for me to get used to, but eventually got a hold of it and found them to be nice. You won't find much realism here, it's braking-turning in-drifting-getting the car back in shape, rinse and repeat. I do find collisions to be a bit sudden, no rolling over like in Outrun, just a flat out slam and a rather sudden camera shake. That can be improved.

Oh, and that godly music... I do not have any issues with the soundtrack at all. :drool:

Totally agree with you, Niku! The soundtrack :drool:

The "physics" are unusual especially when you played/drifted GT6 the half day but after 3 laps I managed to beat the first ghost :)

Last edited:
Totally agree with you, Niku! The soundtrack :drool:

The "physics" are unusual especially when you played/driftet GT6 the half day but after 3 laps I managed to beat the first ghost :)

Man, can't wait to hear more tracks, Mr. Hugh (the English version of my first name, how fitting) can do more of these amazing tracks, the first one is great music to my ears. 👍

Well, it is an arcade-style game, a realistic car behaviour would clash with that idea anyway. I also beat the beginner ghost, but the intermediate takes a bit more effort to beat. The controls are a bit weird (to me anyways, I am more of an arrows or A for accel\Z for braking\arrows to turn kind of guy) to get used to, but they get the job done.

hmmm I use my xBox-Controller. Works fine 👍

They have a youtube-channel, there is also one soundtrack ;)

hmmm I use my xBox-Controller. Works fine 👍

They have a youtube-channel, there is also one soundtrack ;)
It's fantastic that the controller works. Hate keyboards for racing games :yuck:

And can we choose any car or are we limited?

It's fantastic that the controller works. Hate keyboards for racing games :yuck:

And can we choose any car or are we limited?

You're limited to a Lotus Espirit lookalike for the alpha demo. You do see other cars as ghosts (I saw a Ferrari 512BB-like car as the intermediate ghost), but you can only drive the Espirit.

Blast, I am the only one here using a keyboard? Well that makes me look like a bit of a git, doesn't it? :ouch:

Also, @Nuschel01, you can hear some songs in the game's website, four of them in fact. Love the one in the alpha, but Heating Up kills it with an amazing guitar score. :eek:

Last edited:
At the moment it seems to be that there is the Lotus only. But they already showed that there will be a Ferrari 308/328, a BMW M1, an AE86 and the Dome Zero ;)

They put a controls-image in the zip-file and after 30 seconds of looking at it I realized that the buttons are xBox-style and so I got my pad out, plugged it in and it worked great :)

EDIT: Stupid German keyboard on the phone does not like English...

At the moment it seems to be that there is the Lotus only. But they already showed that there will be a Ferrari 308/328, a BMW M1, an AE86 and the Dome Zero ;)

They put a controls-image in the zip-file and after 30 seconds of looking at it I realized that the buttons are xBox-style and so I got my pad out, plugged it in and it worked great :)

EDIT: Stupid German keyboard on the phone does not like English...

Ah, these game producers are sly. Adding an image for the controls, they already have the bases covered for most players. Smart on their part.

I do wonder how will multi-car races go. How will the A.I. cope with the drifting? What happens in the case of contact? These questions will be important when the game goes to the next stage.

yeah there are some videos of multi-car-races but I can't remember any of them having collisions..

That guy who makes the music is great, instantly followed him on soundcloud :D

yeah there are some videos of multi-car-races but I can't remember any of them having collisions..

That guy who makes the music is great, instantly followed him on soundcloud :D

Hum, that so? It's just something I'm wondering about, since this game will have multi-car races, and in some drift games most of the rival cars were more akin to moving roadblocks than actual rival cars. And when you have 6 or more cars drifting the same corner, it could get chaotic...

Wise decision, man deserves the followers for the great tracks he does. I said it before and I'll say it again; the soundtrack is perfect, all it needs is moar music tracks. 👍

But this could also be footage of their 4-screen-multiplayer-test. We'll see :)

Hum... For the most part, all 4 cars are far from each other to collide. But yes, it could be a pre-alpha multiplayer test video. That raises another good question; how will the cars be balanced? Won't there be one car better than the rest, or some cars being better than others?

New news: The developers have released an updated alpha, apparently a hotfix according to them. You can find it in the same place where the old alpha could be downloaded. You can tell if the version is the new one because there is a "d" in the file's name (whereas the old one had a c).

Also, the photomode actually works. F9 takes pictures, but I don't know what the other buttons are. I did ask a question in the game's Twitter page, so I'll wait for an answer.

Last edited:
Yeah you can also get it in the pause menu.

Indeed, I've seen it. I tried to fiddle with it, until I found some of the buttons (up and down, zoom in and out). Didn't know the screenshot button until I saw it on the game's Twitter page. May take some pictures in the meanwhile.

Who knows :D ask them via Twitter/Facebook :)

@Niku Driver HC, when you watch the intro the cars seem to have no colli which means they are "ghosts". That would mean you can't crash the other cars..

wjjcs3ua.jpg

But that footage could've also come from the game's time trial mode, no? Since that has only ghosts as competition... Just saying. :)

And good picture you took, just love that graphical design. 👍

I don't know because the cars which are racing in the intro are no ghosts.

There's a button for the screenshot? :D Didn't found one, had to do them with the print-button

Awesome, will grab the Alpha for Mac and give it whirl. I've been waiting for this for a long while.

You'll enjoy it, I am certain of it. It is very limited options-wise (it is an Alpha demo after all), but it is engaging. Especially when you start to fight the harder ghosts...

It's a sod to handle without pad. Keyboard isn't going to do. I looks great and the music is fantastic.

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 18.38.29.png

I really hope this will be released on consoles as well. I don't have a computer that can run games at my house, so it would be nice to play this on my PS3 and with friends.

Yeah, the keyboard controls are a bit wonky and weirdly set up to me as well. They need some sorting out. What did you think about the rest of the demo?

I personally think with a bit more balancing and if I can get a pad to work on my Mac (unless somehow they do a console version) I think it has a lot of promise.

I really hope this will be released on consoles as well. I don't have a computer that can run games at my house, so it would be nice to play this on my PS3 and with friends.
They're working on console and mobile versions according to their website and I can't wait!

Back