Forza 5 Vs Project CARS - Huayra @ Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 92 comments
They look pretty close to each other, but PCars has dynamic ToD and Weather, so it has an advantage there.

Youtube continues to be an inadequate medium for comparisons. But I'd have to give the edge to Project cars in the effects and shadows. FM5 seems to have smooth shadows and reflection where Pcars seems more crisp.

Problem is though, these two versions can not be compared directly. By using the pc version of Project cars, it adds an air of unfairness into the mix; as the PC version has much more graphical and computing power available via a decent gaming rig. Which means it can handle more effects, more cars on tracks, amazing shadows, and so on. If the Xbox one version of Pcars looks anywhere near that good, I will be amazed; and will fully expect dynamic lighting and time of day from T10 in FM6 lol.

Mehhh I don't know I like them equally. Maybe just maybe PCARS has slightly better lighting, but I definitely prefer Forza's engine and shifting sounds.

Then again, YouTube is a crappy indicator of quality so best to wait till the game arrives and see for ourselves.

I don't usually notice graphical improvements that well but I can clearly see PCars looks better. Either way, Assetto Corsa is a much better comparison than FM5

Mehhh I don't know I like them equally. Maybe just maybe PCARS has slightly better lighting, but I definitely prefer Forza's engine and shifting sounds.

Then again, YouTube is a crappy indicator of quality so best to wait till the game arrives and see for ourselves.

I have first hand experience of Project cars, as I put in towards the SMS crowd funding way back when. Still not sure if I will buy the release version though, and if I do; I would probably get it on pc.

The huayra sound in forza is completely off, which is the reason why I won't drive it. Pcars has got the sound spot on judging by real clips I have heard.

This is one of the first things I noticed about the video and playing the game for myself as well: while the turbo sound is realistic enough the engine doesn't quite sound like the Huayra's. I've seen videos of it, I saw Clarkson and The Stig test it out a few episodes back on TG.

Sad... they've missed the boat on some sounds and the Huayra is one of them. Amazes me how realistic the Zonda C Roadster sounds in contrast. I love driving the Huayra in FM5 because of the handling and speed but the sound makes me not want to drive it. There are other cars too that sound weak or off.

The Huayra in PCARS sounds just about right, though I'd have to get my hands on the game to make a fair assessment.

Oh well, just can't have it all.

Unrelated: souped up my M5 (the blue DLC one from FM4, same model in FM5) to the max, and I just couldn't get enough of redlining it on Long Beach... the doppler effect is ridiculous in this game!! :dopey::dopey::dopey:

the doppler effect is ridiculous in this game!!

sheldon-cooper-doppler-effect-demotivational-poster.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

They look pretty close to each other, but PCars has dynamic ToD and Weather, so it has an advantage there.
I agree. One strange detail I noticed is that the rear aero braking flaps are up all the time in Project cars. That is not accurate. They are accurate in F5. I am guessing the front flaps also probably don't work properly in Project Cars. Maybe this is a beta video?

I agree. One strange detail I noticed is that the rear aero braking flaps are up all the time in Project cars. That is not accurate. They are accurate in F5.
Dammit! DC can get it right so why can't PCARS?

It isn't completely off by a long shot, but yes it isn't entirely spot on either. The downshifting sounds on some cars need work too, I'll admit.

Sorry, completely off IMO. Especially when you compare to this:

Even gran turismo sounds closer

Forza have butchered the zonda sound in every title. Hopefully they pay it some attention for fm6.

I really can't SMS leaving out a detail like that. @CAMAROBOY69 @JASON_ROCKS1998 don't panic.
This might or might not surprise you but I don't even have Project cars on my list of games to purchase. I will probably at least rent it because I want to see how well the weather and night / day cycle work. Would love to Project Cars as a perfect hybrid between Forza and GT but we will see.

I will keep an eye on the reviews, gameplay, and community feedback. But in all honesty, I already have WAY too many racing games on multiple consoles that I never come close to completing. Plus each one seems to be missing this feature or that feature or simply is unfinished.

Last edited:
This might or might not surprise you but I don't even have Project cars on my list of games to purchase. I will probably at least rent it because I want to see how well the weather and night / day cycle work. Would love to Project Cars as a perfect hybrid between Forza and GT but we will see.

I will keep an eye on the reviews, gameplay, and community feedback. But in all honesty, I already have WAY too many racing games on multiple consoles that I never come close to completing. Plus each one seems to be missing this feature or that feature or simply is unfinished.
Why worry about completing them? Just enjoy driving the cars :D

Why worry about completing them? Just enjoy driving the cars :D
I am not trying to be negative. Its just getting harder for me to justify buying racing games when I already have a wide variety. So maybe you could give me a list of all the features, tracks, or cars in Project Cars that are NOT in the other 10-15 racing games I have. Honestly I would like to see what sets this game aside from the rest of the games. Again, this is not meant to be negative.

Same boat here. Waiting for reviews. I don't think they're releasing a demo. So stuck on reviews, but they can be heavily biased sometimes.

I think these forums are your best bet.

I am not trying to be negative. Its just getting harder for me to justify buying racing games when I already have a wide variety. So maybe you could give me a list of all the features, tracks, or cars in Project Cars that are NOT in the other 10-15 racing games I have. Honestly I would like to see what sets this game aside from the rest of the games. Again, this is not meant to be negative.
I'll see if I can dig it up, but there is a list and it's MASSIVE. Before I saw it, I was just interested in the game more so to fill the gap between Forzas. After I saw it, I bought a first class ticket on the hype train.

Edit: Physics Wiki It's not necessarily a list of what other games don't have, but it is a list of an impressive amount of detail and realism that will be in the game.

So maybe you could give me a list of all the features, tracks, or cars in Project Cars

Ok :)

-physics 500 times better than any other game ever on console (and better than every other PC sim too)

-The most detailed car models ever seen

-full 24 hour time progression and weather system on every track

-really really good engine sounds (better than everything else on console)

-40 car grids on consoles :eek:

-big big gt3 selection

-it's got 140mph karts. Enough said.

I really wouldn't bother waiting for reviews when so many people on this site that already play it share their opinions and experiences, the thing you can trust more than shoddy reviews.

Ok :)

-physics 500 times better than any other game ever on console (and better than every other PC sim too)

-The most detailed car models ever seen

-full 24 hour time progression and weather system on every track

-really really good engine sounds (better than everything else on console)

-40 car grids on consoles :eek:

-big big gt3 selection

-it's got 140mph karts. Enough said.

I really wouldn't bother waiting for reviews when so many people on this site that already play it share their opinions and experiences, the thing you can trust more than shoddy reviews.
Thanks for the list. That does get me a little bit more excited especially the 24 hour dynamic night and weather cycle and 40 cars. Last "sim" racing game I played with dynamic weather night was F1 2011. Ill keep an eye on Project cars. Would be nice to find a perfect hybrid between GT, F1 series, and Forza.

I've played almost every car and/or racing game worth playing, on both PC and console, that includes pcars. I will safely bet that it is going to be the best on track racing game on console so far. I'm not 100% sure it's the best on track racing sim I have played on PC but it's gonna wipe the floor with anything released on a console. If it were racing against the console competition, it would have lapped them easily.

I understand some of you guys also might be worried getting it on Xbox after seeing the early build on Eurogamer, with the sub 30 frame rate drops and the sub 1080p resolution, but I think the frame rate will have improved a lot and to be blatently honest, you should be used to 900p by now. That said, if this was exclusive to Xbox, even if it were the old build, I would still buy the console and game in a heartbeat. It's that good compared to anything else.

Same boat here. Waiting for reviews. I don't think they're releasing a demo. So stuck on reviews, but they can be heavily biased sometimes.

I think these forums are your best bet.

You two may be more about the cars and it's a legitimate gripe, but considering a search throws up 200 posts and 198 posts of each of you talking about physics, it's a pretty strange stance when offered a game with the most detailed physics ever on console. :lol:

PCARS definitely gets closer than Forza 5 and GT6 by far. But then I compared PCARS to the real life Zonda by @GranTurismo guy and I noticed on the outside hood or roof view PCARS is very quiet. In real life its as loud as the rear camera near the exhaust. That's what I noticed PCARS get wrong it was quiet in that view. Overall the real thing is more pronounced with more authority. A bit louder and it sounds that bit more powerful. But then again its the real thing. I'm totally impressed at certain points throughout the video where it sounds extremely close to the real thing but short periods. But again it's extremely close and it's definitely the closest over any console or PC by far and its truly groundbreaking. Something for PD and T10 to think about in their future games.

Just one gripe, one question to @GranTurismo guy. The Pagan Cinque Roadster has 678 BHP and the Tricolore have slightly less at 670 BHP. They are probably the same engine with slightly different tuning. They both have the same Inconel/titanium exhaust system coated with ceramic. And so I would like to see the real life Cinque roadster vs the in game one instead of the Tricolore even if both cars sound are extremely similar. They might not there might be slight difference that maybe is or isn't noticeable. They are a different model after all. Please note I know I am just being meticulous now right down to the minuscule detail. But it wouldn't hurt to compare the correct model of the car to the in-game one.

Back