Forza 5 Vs Project CARS - Huayra @ Spa Francorchamps

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by digiprost, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Goruk

Goruk

Here we go....

2. L O L

Here you go rooster I corrected his post for him.

To be be fair he did say and quote "-physics 500 times better than any other game ever on console" and "-really really good engine sounds (better than everything else on console)"

Clearly in his defence the most part of his post he is talking about console racing games. He overlooked the PC sims and made the mistake of mentioning that the console version is better. Clearly they are not. Now calm your farm, Settle Your Kettle Chill Your Pill Chill Your Grill Ease Your Cheese. Easy tigerrrr. :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Johnnypenso likes this.
  3. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Allow me to squash this right here and now: do you see the similarities between what he said and what you said? It's called an opinion, and while you might very well find his to be of a ridiculous boasting caliber, the same could be applied to your opinion.

Such is the nature of an opinion, especially regarding something that isn't tangible or easy to quantify without using measurements most won't comprehend.

wraith of horus and Johnnypenso like this.
  4. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

Yup, nice glass of my favourite Red, and chilling.

wraith of horus and Johnnypenso like this.
  5. SimTourist

SimTourist

Are you talking about Huayra or Zonda? Maybe you're confused.

6. SimTourist

SimTourist

I think you're confused mate, console versions do have real-time weather, but what you're talking about is probably real world synchronization, which means on consoles the game won't check weather reports and adjust weather accordingly. Not a big loss honestly.

7. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Yes that's what I meant.

8. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

No, you made it wrong, I was including Asetto Corsa. I believe the many people on here that tell me that PCARS surpasses it's physics and have backed this statement up more than sufficiently.

9. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

Really, please share! I have been an avid reader of this forum and can't remember seeing any posts to back up your statement.

10. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

How about you share instead of posting sarcastic replies and labelling my legitimate post as "rubbish"?

11. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

I'm not, but if you post a comment you state as fact then please back it up with proof. Have you played AC?

12. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

I haven't played either. Did I say that I have?

13. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Checks thread title.....

....nope not a PCars vs AC thread.

Either start a thread to compare those two or leave it, if either of you turn this one into a PCars vs AC thread you will be getting a holiday.

14. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

I'm not, just asking for evidence of his extravagant claims

15. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

And I'm telling you to end it now.

Ignore me again and you will be getting a two day temp ban.

16. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Something to bear in mind with this comparison is that Project CARS is running on the PC here, it will be interesting to compare the console version.

17. Allow me to take us back on track with the subject matter of conjectures and correct some confusions along the way. :lol:

When I mentioned Forza 5 at the start of my statement I meant I think PCARS might get closer with some of its car sounds than Forza 5. This meaning other cars not the Zonda or Huayra. The PCARS Zonda Cinque vs the real life video Zonda Tricolore. I haven't heard all the cars from PCARS yet.

On Youtube there are various versions of PCARS posted video either on PC or various older builds of videos which none of them give us a clear final picture of the true final build release version of the game. There might be a couple of leak PS4 example demos out on the tube, are they of the final PS4 version game? Anyway I reserve judgement.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  18. Sorry for the double post. Realized after posting last post I'd had another window open which I never followed through my last reply to Speedster. *cough* sorry *cough*

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with some cars especially the Zonda Cinque. It sounds tremendously like the real Tricolore video. You would have to reserve judgement as you say like I am and wait and test say a McClaren F1 that is in both games and test them only for sound and maybe driving physics.

But thats as far as comparison goes. I wouldn't say it's a Forza killer. It is in terms of being a pure racing simulation. But that depends on what you look for in the game. I will enjoy PCARS for the pure racing realism of stock road cars and race cars, and simulation. A game that will be dedicated to a real life racing career with all the right race regulations, rules, codes of conduct etc...

Both games are completely in different domains. They aren't even in the same genre. Because PCARS is serious and dedicated only with racing only it doesn't have Upgrade parts, customization and painting etc.. such as a rounded motorsports game like Forza or GT both have. But Forza I feel won't get the realism of a real racing career as PCARS. Its competing in a different space. I will love both Forza and PCARS for their completely separate aims and goals and what they both do best.

Yeah I can't wait for FM6 either. I think FM will only get better and better. And I hope they keep improving the driving physics because they can always improve it. I enjoy playing FM5 and FH2 on my Xbox One. And the controller like you say does feel more robust, more durable and better well built than my PS4 controller.

Speedster911 and Johnnypenso like this.
  19. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Funny you should mention the f1, that's gotta be one of the best for sound accuracy in PCARS

(Try and ignore the screaming :lol: she also swears, be warned)

Forza 5 sounds good too

wraith of horus likes this.
  20. Speedster911

Speedster911

FM5 sounds the most accurate. PCARS sounds like 16-bit SNES/PS2 era sounds.

Just my opinion.

I'm going to love PCARS for the racing simulation/motorsport aspect.

And Forza 5/6/H2 for the car collecting and just driving around/hotlapping aspect.

You know, in all honesty, T10's capable of a heckuva lot more than meets the eye. I get the feeling (which I've had many times in the past :lol:) that they're deliberately holding back so that they can continue to profit off their games.

It's the oldest trick in the marketing textbook: leave out just enough stuff to keep em' begging for more. :lol:

Anyhoo, FM6 should be interesting to play, though F7 or 8 is probably where the game's going to hit some really sweet high notes. Assuming the X1 ages as gracefully as the X360 did.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  21. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

PCARS captures that sexy intake bark better IMO

Another audio comparison?

Go to 6:46 for this one

Aaaaaaaand my favourite advert ever

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Dave Beerman and HAL20XX like this.
  22. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Wow, that commercial... Beautiful.

23. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

I'm guessing by your reaction

A. You haven't seen it before? And therefore
    B. they didn't air it in America?

HAL20XX likes this.
  24. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Correct on both accounts. I suppose it's possible they aired it in limited release during races and not during normal broadcasting.

25. Speedster911

Speedster911

I believe this is well over a year old.

Great ad though.

Those notes can put me to sleep. ;)

26. shawtyoner

shawtyoner

Just seeing it for the first time too!! :crazy::crazy::crazy: That last gas rev sent chills down my spine

HAL20XX likes this.
  27. Yes the sound from the Forza 5 Game is uncannily and frighteningly close to the real Audi R8 .

28. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

If I'm honest I don't think the sample used in fm5 is all that great, the one it uses for the Gallardo sounds much closer and I don't know why they're not using it.

29. Speedster911

Speedster911

^^ Granted, FM5 has a few audio inconsistencies here and there, but for the most part, I strongly believe it is the BEST sounding console driving game to date on current gen.

Well, one day to go... all that might change! :D

30. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

I find that pcars and forza both have some inconsistencies, but overall they have excellent audio.

Johnnypenso likes this.