Forza 5 Wishlist

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 113 comments
Something very useful to add:

- Possibility to skin tyres like in pc sim racing games.

- Possibility to skin windows for all cars. Many time I see skins with a sort of windscreen banner placed over the roof because of this limitation. Sometimes it really looks weird.

I'd like to see different set ups for diff races such as slicks and skinnies.

Also maybe a tach with an adjustable shift light would be a cool interior mod.

More dramatic sound changes with mods. A cam should be a noticeable mod over a stock one.

More specific parts. Like gt40 heads for a 5.0 or a LSX motorswap for GM.

I miss the history and info on the cars that gran turismo used to offer.

More specific weight modifications. Such as moving the battery to trunk. Visual mod to go with it. if a car is gutted i shouldnt see the radio etc.

catastrophic failures would be cool. Like building a 900hp camaro and not upgrading trans/suspension/rearend would blow the stock 10 bolt etc.

And last but not least could we please see an lt1 T/A or Z28!?

If we could see the performance upgrades being added to the car that would be some sweet animation. I think it'd also be nice to have different types of adjustable aero other then the Forza aero.

I haven't been in a lot of cars, but is there dashboards in all cars?? unlike GT5..:confused:

As far as I'm concerned, yes they all do... I can't say I've been in them all but quite a few and they've all had detailed dash/interior?

If we could see the performance upgrades being added to the car that would be some sweet animation. I think it'd also be nice to have different types of adjustable aero other then the Forza aero.

Orther than changing wheels and cosmetics I don't see how they could do that, or at least really long animations :lol: I'd guess you've never had to pull a turbo or clutch before :lol: But I do agree about the adjustable aero, especially on cars like the Evo 8/9 which have adjustable spoilers stock.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd like to see the following:
-Night Racing
-Dynamic Skies (from Horizon)
-Proper wheel offsets
-Improved Nordschleife
-More tracks (Old and new)
-Higher poly cars on track (In-race, not Photomode; Depending on the console it's released on)
-A more expansive livery editor
-Shared liveries (This would be really great for car clubs/teams/collaborations)
-Remodeled "standard" cars (Cars that people commonly refer to as being "imported from FM1/2/3")

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd like to see the following:

-A more expansive livery editor

-Shared liveries (This would be really great for car clubs/teams/collaborations)

I agree with the expansive livery editor...:)

What do you mean shared liveries? You can post them now in the SF for free or gift them back and forth as in collaborations.. or do you mean something like a quick button to share??

Here's my best explanation for it:
Shared liveries would let you share a livery (or liveries) with friends and teammates to collaborate on without having to constantly gift it back and forth.

One thing I just thought of is for them to make any "stock" decals or striping (that come on the car from the showroom) have the ability to be color changed/modified/removed in the vinyl editor. This way, people wouldn't have to recreate them to change the color (or when they disappear after changing the color of something). An example is the Corvette Grand Sport (1996), where when you change the car color, the main stripe stays white. It would be nice to simply go into the vinyl editor, select the stripe (as you would if you had created it), and change the color (or remove it), rather than making a new one or covering it over with another vinyl.

That's a good one buickgnx88.

Monochrome MFG decals need to be added as well. And also the MFG's trademark WITH OUT the company's name in text, and vise a versa.

Chrome Skin... I know some of you will think I am crazy for suggesting this, but picture your favorite car with a Chrome finish. Even the rubber bit's of a Delorean with a shiny Destro looking chrome shine... Ooo.

Specific part decals. I want to put a Carbon fiber weave on the hood of a car. I should be able to select just the hood of the car, and apply what ever decals I wanted. The same shoulf be able to happen to doors and what not. So a Harloquinn VW Golf would be that much easier.

Aligining strips. Don't you hate trying to align a strip from one plane of the car to another. I know you wished you could simply send a single stripe across the entire car at times. I know I did.

Now that Turn 10 has gotten an idea of a rally mode, maybe they can integrate that into Forza 5. There's a lot of good rally cars in Forza 4 that aren't in Horizon, and I'm hoping it works out that they add a rally mode for forza 5. And a touge mode.

The classic rally and race cars- some main ones are missing... the Jaguar XJ13, XJR-9, Lotus Esprit and Elise GT1, The group B Toyota Celica, The MG Metro... and there are others... but that's just a start. I'd like to be able to race in those cars as well as the cars we already have.

Widebody Kits and Kits for cars that don't have them in the game but have kits IRL (The Corvette and Viper both come to mind here.) I love having my own car, and that includes the body kits.

A Marketplace where if you don't wanna auction your car off and want to sell it you can. Sometimes I hate the AH, because you work on a car for X amount of hours and someone walks away with it for a grand.

And I forgot one car that seems to be forgotten... the legendary Porsche 917. It can still hold its own against the modern LeMans racers, and I wanna race it against an Audi R8-10-15-18-whateverthehellnumberweareat, and leave it behind.

1) Fender flares

2) Rear diffusers

3) Rim system with traits from MC:LA

4) At least one city circuit

5) Playground / test track. I almost exclusively used Benchmark A and Top Gear Full for testing cars, due to them being open-ish. Maybe something like 'Test Track' from GT3

6) Liven up the races/events. I loved the atmosphere NFS Prostreet created during events, it made everything feel much more alive.

7) Nothing much physics wise, altho I think all the cars slide a little to much.

EDIT

8) De-trim option for sure

9) Decals on windows

10) let us go crazy with the established tuning settings, like Live for Speed where you could lower the cars so much the wheels didn't touch the ground. :lol:

10b) Front wheel turning angle upgrades/tuning

11) long shot, but a track creator would be amazing

EDIT 2

12) Offline personal leader boards for each track would be very nice.

13) Engine ecu/turbo psi/cam/ etc tuning, let the good tuners squeeze more power out of the cars

14) Randomize 'strong/weak engines' so every car is truly unique. This is probably impossible to do with the PI rankings, but who knows.

Just had a great idea as to how the manufacturer affinity could be done.

Keep it at 50 levels as in FM4.
Level 5: 10% off
Level 10: 20% off
Level 50: 100% off

The in-between levels could introduce various manufacturer specific parts/ paint schemes for the vehicles.

So with 10 levels for percentage reductions in parts prices, 40 would be for the parts/paint.

Say 5 could be paint schemes, 10 could be wheel designs, 15-20 could be body kits, and 5-10 could be miscellaneous parts (exhaust, scoops, interior bits if they introduce that).

The numbers of each would depend on number of, and types of, vehicles.

May be a bit much, but it would certainly make getting to level 50 a lot more fun, along with adding to the customization.

My dream Forza would contain:

1. More tracks (could be even as DLC, I don't care). My wishlist:

A-1 Ring, Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Imola, Hungaroring, Singapore Marina Bay, Monaco, Monza, Shanghai, Spa-Francorchamps, Abu Dhabi, Zandvoort, Lausitz, Donington, Oulton, Daytona, Slovakia Ring and few more which I can't remember right now.

2. Qualifications as an option to choose in race settings.

3. Ability to race with SI for more than 2 laps without having to purchase Xbox Live Gold.

4. Dynamic skies/weather changes during race (i.e. 30 lap race starts with clear skies and sun, and then it gets cloudy and starts to rain). This could be an option to choose in race settings - "Allow dynamic weather changes Yes/No".

5. More vinyl/painting options (vinyls on all surfaces with no restrictions, brake calipers painting).

6. Realistic physics off-track (I know the "glue sand" is something that holds off cheaters from cutting corners, but something else could be applied, i.e. cutting corner through the grass would result in a penalty drive through the pit stop forced by the game, or if it would be the last lap - a time penalty or a ban for online races for 1 day or so; this would have to exclude situations when someone pushed you away from the track or you went off it as a result of an accident).

7. Better damage model on Simulation settings (so hitting a wall doing 100mph would result in total demolition of the car and the end of the race, more parts falling off the car when in accident - doors, wheels, hoods etc., maybe some oil/coolant fluid spills).

8. Some cinematic career story with your Xbox avatar climbing up the 1st place box, getting a champagne from a nice girl. :-)))

9. Parts, parts, parts - also visual tuning ones, like in NFS, some body kits, more spoilers, diffusers, more alloys, the sky is the limit!

10. Better in-cockpit animation, including the outside mirrors - can we have them adjustable please, like in some trucking simulators on PC?

11. Live pit-stop with moving mechanics (this is something I remember from Amiga 500's game about Formula 1 - I cannot recall the title - there was a guy waiting for you with the lever to lift your car... Aaach, old times...). Repair times adequate to the damage of your car.

12. A guy dancing with the black-white checkered flag at the finish line. :-)))

In my fm4 so perfect that it is all and nothing else to add.
is well modeled Nordshleife, and route 24.
the horn

Long, scenic roads, 60, 100 km long. Targa Florio, Isle of Man TT, as well as made-up, beautiful track.And well simulated racing on the freeway, traffic-filled, car bombs and crazy overtaking. (In fm4 have traffic but it's too silly)
Motorcycles
Online mode, as in gt5 (custom route, 5 minute free skating before each race mode "Random Race" as in gt5 with a random car) and is compatible with G27 logitec
900 degree steering animation in the game
The buttons on the steering wheel Fanatec, for convenient round looking

And I think it is necessary, two types of replay. 1) traditional cinematic, with beautiful angles 2) realistic, as if placed on the edges of the video cameras and operators, as in a race. No unrealistic angles, only cars and tracks. I need to see how the car feels on the road, relatively stationary objects and angles

I came up with a fun thing for online fun. My idea is this: do fm5 race cars, tow wire ropes held together by. Such as 4 cars, four players. two towing vehicle and two cars in tow. Tractor unit pulls the car to the finish line as quickly as possible, towed car has turned off the engine and can only brake and steer. The race several pairs of coupled vehicles.

The game needs the most famous rims from each of the manufacturers in the game. Just off the top of my head, it's missing Watanabe A/B Types, BBS RS's, Work Meisters, etc.

There's so many that they missed in favor of putting in less famous rims. It's almost like GT5 excluding stuff like BMW E30s while including other less iconic BMWs. Just strange. 👎

Last edited:
Since this subforum is dead, I'll share another one of my mostly insignificant musings.

It would be nice if there was some way to roam freely online, similar to GT5. There's so many customization options in the Forza series, yet no opportunities to show off what we've created without being in a full-bore race.

Whether Turn 10 goes through the trouble of creating a lobby type dedicated to free roaming or just gives us the option to roam freely before races (like GT5), I don't really care. But I'd really like something to be done, at least.

* Get the physics and engine audio 100% spot on this time. I mean everything about car behavior and characteristics, JUST like the real thing.

* More cosmetic upgrades and options to play with.

* Actual motorsport elements such as pit stop strategy, believable tyre wear/fuel usage. Penalties, flags, qualifying session. Warm up lap, rolling starts etc.

* Overall, focus less on graphics, and work on improving existing elements and including elements that have been missing from the previous Forza games. (No, I'm not referring to night driving or weather effects)

Back