Forza 5 Wishlist

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 113 comments
Yes, it would certainly be nice if they could get the basics correct and set in stone, and then focus on all the extra goodies.

Better colors, metallic wheels, matte paint
better suspension modeling, some cars sit just way to high
more wheel choices
better track modeling
more cars(you can fit them if on the new xbox)
night/daytime shifts(if on new xbox 60fps is no excuse)
weather if possible

I say they need a better lighting system! Sure the 'image based lighting' is great but it's ruined by the natural lighting of the game which is dark, over-exposed and unrealistic! Forza looks great in some ways but I think it's time they took a better approach to how the cars and tracks look.

GT5 certainly got that right and sometimes you would be mistaken of photos from GT5 being real-life shots! Forza needs this now more then ever, I am sick of taking photos and not being able to see the rims or wheels because they are covered by shadows and darkness!

Something new I thought of the other day. Don't allow 0cr vinyls/liveries. At minimum allow 1000cr. It stinks when someone likes making designs and can't get much of anything because of an over abundance of 0cr vinyls/liveries. It's not like 1000cr is going to break the bank. 1000cr should be the absolute minimum allowable. It's nice for the buyer to have a slew of 0cr purchases but it's not the greatest for the sellers if they try to make money that way.

Anyone remember how you could do the Nurburgring anti-clockwise in PGR4? Though if I'm honest that track is best driven the way round for which it was intended, it's always nice to try a track backwards and very occasionally find one that's actually better the wrong way round (try Laguna Seca backwards and you get much more noticeable elevation at the beginning and a great downhill straight after the corkscrew that progressively tightens into the infield, finishing with a hairpin up the hill to the final straight). I suspect there's some kind of licensing issue behind not being able to have anti-clockwise races on real-world track but if they could make it happen it would improve the game's longevity.

Other than that make paintable license plate areas do-able on all vehicles maybe as a bumper option, something that might just be in the bag seeing as they incorporated something like this for the first time on the GMC Vandura.

Finally a gripe about US spec vehicles - we've had a load of classic British sportscar DLC (Healey 3000, Lotus Cortina, MGB GT) lately, which is great, but they're all without exception LHD, which slightly spoils the effect for some people. It might be seen as a bit of a fuss over nothing but to put this into perspective the next generation of Mustang is going to be sold in RHD markets for the first time - I need not point out the backlash there would be if it was featured in FM5 in RHD form. I wonder how hard it would be to give gamers a choice of right or left hand drive where appropriate; after all most dashboards would be exactly the same both ways other than that the writing on the switches and dials would need to be unmirrorred. Also the license plate spaces on some of the BMWs is US shape and won't fit any European plates, and I'm sure the Alfa GTV6 would be a fair bit quicker if it wasn't the US spec version hampered by emissions legislations.

Better colors, metallic wheels, matte paint
better suspension modeling, some cars sit just way to high
more wheel choices
better track modeling
more cars(you can fit them if on the new xbox)
night/daytime shifts(if on new xbox 60fps is no excuse)
weather if possible

Absolutely agree!!!

And more cars of storic le mans and storic F1, more tracks, also in ancient configuration!
More tuning parts for european cars ;)

Just thinking lately, would be cool if you could choose from different stock wheels when you go to the wheel "dealership". When you go there in F4, it shows that you have an option of only one set of stock wheels from whatever manufacturer of car you're using but won't let you choose any others.

Basically there would be all of the stock wheel styles available for that vehicle throughout the range of years that the particular model design was offered.

An example would be the Dodge Viper (where I came up with this idea).
The Viper was offered for several years, and had a variety of wheel options. The RT/10 had 3-spokes, painted 5-spokes (yellow & white), and silver 5-spokes. The GTS had a choice between silver and chrome wide 5-spokes. They both shared the same bolt pattern, so the wheels would be interchangeable between the two. The GTS already in the game could have the standard silver wide 5-spokes, and in the wheel dealership there would be the other 5 or so wheels available. If they added the RT/10, then it would have the same wheel options, but probably have the 3-spokes stock.

Likewise, perhaps if a car has steelies stock, and alloy wheels as options, then it could be the same deal.

Well we know for a fact that Forza 5 will release next year since we've had people at Microsoft say that it's now a yearly franchise alternating between Fora Motorsport and Forza Horizon games. Therefore I guess the big question us will Forza 5 be on the Xbox 360 or the next Xbox instead?

All signs point to Microsoft unveiling their next console at next year's E3, but it seems 50/50 right now as to which console Forza 5 is for. It would make sense to release for the 360 since the install base is so huge, but maybe they'll just get up-and-running on new hardware instead? Who knows.

If Forza 5 is on the next Xbox however, I really would expect weather and dynamic time of day to finally make an appearance, since both features have been standard in other games within the genre for years now, and it's about time for Turn 10 to catch up.

If Forza 5 is on the Xbox 360 though? I wouldn't expect weather or night racing since the hardware simply cannot handle it while running such a complex physics engine and maintaining 60fps.

So if that's the case, what would I like to see? Better tracks! If there's one thing that disappoints me with Forza, it's the track selection. They have some utterly fantastic tracks in there such as Bernese Alps, Maple Valley and Camino Viejo. They also have some tracks that I hate however, such as Sebring, Mugello, Hockenheimring, Silverstone and Motegi. I would love for them to really bring some fantastic tracks to the series with the next game, such as Spa, Bathurst, Brands Hatch, Donington and Zolder. I would also love to see city tracks make a return, with the original New York from Forza 1 returning (it was longer than the crappy FM2 and FM3 versions) and maybe that Brazilian track they had too.

As for existing tracks, I think that Fujumi Kaido needs a facelift since it looks rather ugly, and the same goes for Rally di Positano. I'd also like to see a more accurate recreation of the Nurburgring, along with some sunshine on that track too!

-2- Control of wheel offset and or depth. The Cragar SS and Halibrand wheels look horrid, yet other wheels are offset as they should be and look fine. I would REALLY like to be able to De Chrome and Paint any part or all of the rim also.

All of the Compomotive wheels are blatantly wrong. They all look like wisks and food processor blades instead of the wheels they are supposed to be. I want Turn 10 (or what ever group of ITT interns they assigned designing the wheels to) to get the wheels right. Every aspect of them. Color, finish options, and even weight (Which would inspire me to write a book on what I want in FM5). Really the wheels in Forza 2, 3 and 4 are inexcusable.

Good call Doc.

-5- Tracks. Please. As in "more of..."

A true Track Maker would be even better. Make me a TYCO train track like layout generator and allow me to place pieces and grandstands and the pit lane etc. Place a total limit on the number of items you can use and count each grandstand, track piece, chicane, pit, tree, gravel trap or what have you as one item. Give me a 60 or 100 item limit and let me make a track in a variety of settings.

You can sell the Track Maker as DLC.
You can sell track sections as DLC.
You can sell locations and backgrounds as DLC.
You can sell grandstands, track elements and all that as DLC.

You can make the same money as selling tracks as DLC without having to pay the royalties to the locations to use them.

AND you can still go to places like Spa or what have you and make them up and sell them as DLC too. Trust me, we'll buy them all.

I'd crap myself if this happens. Add the ability to share your creation and give it a stand alone creation area and I will post my self crappings on Youtube. LOL. I for would like to see every track from every Forza in FM5 (updated of course) but with a powerful enough editor, I'd just make them my self...

Hmmm.

In FM4 i think the tracks are abit short, i know they are scaled etc but maybe we could have them that little bit larger (length) so it doesn't feel like we go round the ring in 5 minutes real time.

All of the Compomotive wheels are blatantly wrong. They all look like wisks and food processor blades instead of the wheels they are supposed to be. I want Turn 10 (or what ever group of ITT interns they assigned designing the wheels to) to get the wheels right. Every aspect of them. Color, finish options, and even weight (Which would inspire me to write a book on what I want in FM5). Really the wheels in Forza 2, 3 and 4 are inexcusable.

Good call Doc.

Agree as well. Some wheels in the game look awesome, while others look like they're from a previous gen game. I think the biggest reason some look worse than others (at least the chrome wheels) is the lighting engine that they're using. I have yet to see any game that has such in depth wheel customizing as the NFS Pro Street (or was it Midnight Club: LA?) Being able to change the coating, wheel width, tire width, offset, and color is how it should be in FM.

In addition to that, why not offer DLC wheel packages? Make them, say, 100MSP for a pack of 10 wheels (either a random pack, themed pack, or brand pack). That would basically be 5 bucks for 40 new wheels if you got the 400MSP bundle.

Night racing.
Weather.
Less of those silly short tracks.
Longer races.
A career mode with more soul.

If Forza 5 had those changes/additions, I could die happy.

New cars and not reclyed cars from fm1,2,3,4!!!
Any cars from FM4 is alloweed than storic LMP and GT1/2/3/S
Night races
Longer Races, also the endurance like GT5
Better career
Better color's cars and more colors in paintshop, specially the white for rims XD
More tracks (bathrust, spa, abu dhabi, pikes pike, imola, brands hacth, brno, valencia and the tracks present in fm4 )
More rims, also racing rims
racing body kit, and totally conversion also with cockpit and insides
More sponsors in livery creator, number plates, and patterns for livery (for beginners users like me :P )
Rain in race, cycle of sunset, night and sunrise.
improved physical and graphics (already good in fm4)

No specific wishes from me since Doc and everyone else have covered the main ones in great detail but I'm a lot more optimistic for day/night cycle and offroad in FM5 now that Playground have done the r&d for these in Horizon. If night racing is introduced in FM5 on a new console I hope the multiple headlight reflections are handled more realistically.

I agree with most people, maybe also something like pit crew.
and I don't need rally or F1/indy cars because therefore you should buy another game like DIRT 1, 2 or 3 and F1 2012/2013

There are a bunch of things that could use some tweaks, and a few things that are out right missing. Keep in mind that I haven't patched Forza, so maybe some of these were addressed.

-Qulification and Practice (online and off) > They need to emulate GT5's online lobby set up (in online and offline). Right now you are just thrown onto a track without being able to tune your car or even learn the track. Ideally you would go into practice, tune your cars, then qualify, and then race.

-Change parts in the tuning menu. It's a pain having to go to the shop to change parts. It doesn't really make sense and basically forces you to save a million tunes for every car. I'd rather not be bothered with saving setups at all, it would be much better if I could tweak the car whenever I wanted.

-Realistic track modeling. I had heard that Forza widened some tracks, it seems like it may be true. There is no reason for this.

-Detuning. After dealing with GT5's power limiter and weight ballast, Forza 4's tuning seems very inflexible. The settings and tuning part selection are much better in Forza but there is no way to fine tune your car's performance level. I'm sure this is related to Forza's PI restrictions which are miles apart (S700 or R3800, I haven't seen a R3 825 race yet). This just limits the variety in races and tuning set ups.

-Tuning screen. I can't believe the powerband is no where in the tuning menu. This probably relates to the tuning parts issue since Forza locks all power changing parts in the shop, but really you can't set up gearing without knowing your powerband. Also, the aero page should report total downforce and total drag and the speed that those number correspond to. Locked or stock values for all settings should be reported as well instead of being hidden.

-Quick race/Free Mode. Ditch it, I want to be able to set up a race as I like. As far as I know, you can go online and do this by setting a multiplayer race to have only AI opponents. But why do you need to be on XBL to do that? As far as AI races go this is by far the most import mode, yet it's locked away unless you have Live.

-Game Progression, Forza has great physics and I'll say that despite having to grind for credits all the time, the cars make driving fun. Still, I'd rather not be bothered. All the cars are available in Free Mode. Now they just need to allow you to tune/modify/livery them and bring them online.

-Garage limit, why is there one?

-Livery Editor, ability to remove all stock decals/whatever. Viper ACR comes to mind. I had to put a big blue thing on top of it to hide the black markings that come with the car. The problem is, my car is painted metallic blue. You can't make livery editor shapes metallic anything.

-Stick Grass/Ice tarmac. I don't know how I forgot to add this. Remove it, or at least let us turn it off everywhere as an option.

-Race start. The useless engine revving cinematic must go, especially when I can't launch at optimum RPM because of it.

Other issues:

-Bring over all the old cars, and don't make them a million DLC packs

-Day/Night cycle would be nice, along with weather. F4 reports track temp, but as it's static it doesn't matter much. Does it even matter for the engine, tires, and aero?

-Open wheel cars

-Track Editor

-Car Editor

-Damage, it needs to be meaningful, and there should be long repair times in pits for endurances.

One thing I'd like to see is the transmission type that you race with matched with the car, so you can't use clutch on a car with a flappy paddle gear box, possibly introduced as a sim transmission setting. Also I'd like to see a ploom of smoke when you lock up the brakes on high performance cars on race slicks like you see in real GT racing. Also to go with that when you lock up the car stays fairly composed and not the violent shimmy like what would really occur.

I have much more but this is what came off the top of my head :lol:

Everything...EVERYTHING you would expect in an *industry grade motorsport/driving* simulator.

That's not asking too much is it? Can't wait for next-gen....

Oh and please for the love of god no conversions to AWD. To FWD or RWD is fine by me but I'm tired of all the 1000+ hp super cars converted godly launch and then getting in the way.

Also more support for turbo modifications. Upgrades to smaller turbos for less turbo lag and boost controllers for a consistent power band. Some cars you slap a turbo on and they become useless around corners because you hit 20 lbs of boost and then wheels spin and you're off the track. Rather annoying.

Being a "drifter" it would be nice to see a scoring system based on distance to clipping points and D1 style follow/lead competition set up in game.

How could I forget? Rolling start races!!

Speedster all you do is gripe huh? :lol:

Huh?!! No no.. no griping there! Hahaa... just want it to be more hardcore that's all. And add new things instead of just making the previous stuff better and better.

It'd be nice to include a list of parts manufacturers to choose from... in FM2 you didn't have a choice, but you'd get to see what manufacturer it is. Similarly, it would just be super to include a list of after market manufacturers for parts.. lets say, brake turbo or suspension.. and each part would influence the car's characteristics differently. Having an array of turbo and supercharger manufacturers to choose from would mean different sounds and performance variables. Or with mufflers for instance.. different look, different sound and performance attributes for various manufacturers.

Got a tonne of recommendations... but just too lazy at the moment.

Huh?!! No no.. no griping there! Hahaa... just want it to be more hardcore that's all. And add new things instead of just making the previous stuff better and better.

It'd be nice to include a list of parts manufacturers to choose from... in FM2 you didn't have a choice, but you'd get to see what manufacturer it is. Similarly, it would just be super to include a list of after market manufacturers for parts.. lets say, brake turbo or suspension.. and each part would influence the car's characteristics differently. Having an array of turbo and supercharger manufacturers to choose from would mean different sounds and performance variables. Or with mufflers for instance.. different look, different sound and performance attributes for various manufacturers.

Got a tonne of recommendations... but just too lazy at the moment.

Gotcha :lol: I don't care about the make too much but it would be a cool addition. But turbos do.need a lot more support.

Hopefully with Horizon to cater more towards the sim-cade crowd, the FM series can start taking a more serious approach. I would love to see racing etiquette make its way into the series.

Also, please give us indicators to show us where other cars are like they have in F1 2012. I try my best to race clean (which is hard enough with these 3 lap races) and I end up slamming into the other racers because I had no idea they dove into the inside corner of a turn.

Hopefully with Horizon to cater more towards the sim-cade crowd, the FM series can start taking a more serious approach. I would love to see racing etiquette make its way into the series.

I really hope so. The physics are so good, now they need a world to exist in that's up to par. 2 lap races on a track you're not allowed to learn ahead of time is no good for a sim.

- qualification
- more old racecar (60 / 70)
- racing body kit
- more city track
- more hillclimb track
- possibility to change engine for another manufacturer (for exemple an Nissan engine in a Toyota car)

Oh... Something else I want, and this is more on the actual console than the game. The ability to have one console...

One copy of the game...

And still use 3 monitors.

How about that? Is that too much to ask, especially seeing that you (Microsoft) are looking to Finance game systems through contract payments, perhaps I should get something I want, in terms of system hardware. I don't think that's a tall request seeing that you (Microsoft) expect most to be on the hook for 2 to 3 years. You think you can make that happen?

Give us tire compounds please...bout' damn time! Different manufacturers to choose from.
Rims, gotta have wayy more rims than the current collection. Manufacturer after market rims is something we've never seen in a Forza game. And how about the latest body kits? Extra wide body kits. Racing mods for stock cars/production cars, the kind we've had in the GT games.

Hmm... what else? Oh yeah..free look in cockpit.. and puh-leeese... include the 900/540/270 deg wheel rotation animation already. Should be able to do that with new hardware. The driver furiously fighting for the wheel from the replay cams, during hard corners, would be a treat to watch. Also, we should be able to see his hand working all 4, 5 or six gears properly. Paddle shift animation needs a lot of work.
Can't think if anything else at the moment. Gotta go!

Give us tire compounds please...bout' damn time! Different manufacturers to choose from.
Rims, gotta have wayy more rims than the current collection. Manufacturer after market rims is something we've never seen in a Forza game. And how about the latest body kits? Extra wide body kits. Racing mods for stock cars/production cars, the kind we've had in the GT games.

Hmm... what else? Oh yeah..free look in cockpit.. and puh-leeese... include the 900/540/270 deg wheel rotation animation already. Should be able to do that with new hardware. The driver furiously fighting for the wheel from the replay cams, during hard corners, would be a treat to watch. Also, we should be able to see his hand working all 4, 5 or six gears properly. Paddle shift animation needs a lot of work.
Can't think if anything else at the moment. Gotta go!

Individual manufacturer tires? You're getting pretty nit picky. The wheel selection is certainly better than GT. I agree about some of the cockpit animations and stuff but I'd rather have their work ele where. And wide body's would be cool, but it might be hard to change the boundaries of the cars, not to mention they are heavy and on most cars they don't make much improvements other than slightly wider stance and wider wheels/tires. But I still want them very much, one of the things on the top of my list :)

Back