Forza 6 Demo Sept 1

• Thread starter thomasw
  • 785 comments
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/27/forza-motorsport-6-demo-september-1-official/

Forza Motorsport 6 has Gone Gold

The latest mile marker on the road to "Forza Motorsport 6's" launch has arrived: We've gone gold! In two weeks, "Forza Motorsport 6" will be available to play via early access for owners of the Ultimate Edition.

Five days later, "Forza 6" will be unleashed to everyone! Before the full game launches, however, fans will have the chance to experience the thrills of "Forza Motorsport 6" in the official free demo for the game, which launches on Sept. 1.

The "Forza Motorsport 6" demo will let players experience the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of this generation, named "Best Racing Game" and "Best Simulation Game" of gamescom 2015. The demo features a selection of the 460 Forzavista cars available in the full version, all with working cockpits and full damage. You'll experience highlights from the game's 26 world-famous locales, including wet weather and night racing, all at a stunning 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Everyone who plays the "Forza Motorsport 6" demo will automatically get the new Ford GT delivered to their garage in "Forza Motorsport 6" for no additional cost. In addition, the demo will include additional features that allow fans to get even deeper into the "Forza Motorsport 6" experience. Look for more details on that when the demo launches on September 1!

We're celebrating all of this Forza news with some new details on the game, including the announcement of a number of previously unannounced cars in "Forza Motorsport 6," as well as full details on all the tracks in the game.

See below for more details on the cars released this week, and the full post on ForzaMotorsport.net for new screenshots and details on the tracks that will include night and wet racing options.

Brand New Cars
Led by the awesome power of the 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S, these ten newly-announced cars bring the total car count to "Forza Motorsport 6" to 460 cars, the largest number of cars ever seen at the launch of a Forza game!

The rest of the cars we're revealing today include:

2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar
2015 Volvo S60 Polestar
2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra
2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport
2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77
1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
2014 Ferrari California T

The full 460 car list including all previously announced vehicles is available on Forzamotorsport.net.

Looks like they twisted my arm to play the demo, guess they want to maximise the number of downloads to satisfy the bean counters at MS.

Lola T163 is great news, looking forward to driving that one.

LolaT-163P1010015.jpg

Really cool interesting way of doing a demo. They're doing things right.

Looks like they twisted my arm to play the demo, guess they want to maximise the number of downloads to satisfy the bean counters at MS.

More like they want to get people to try the game, as a lot don't even know wnat Forza is.

I wasn't planning on downloading the demo, mostly because, Metal Gear Solid V also releases that day. But I get a Ford GT for free, :lol:, so I must download it.

As space really isn't a problem for me,I say the sooner the better,and the GT is just the icing on the cake for me.:)

I don't want to play the demo. I would rather keep all the suspense until September 10th. Not bothered if I don't get the GT as a free car. I want to be hit by a tidal wave on 10/9 :D

I don't want to play the demo. I would rather keep all the suspense until September 10th. Not bothered if I don't get the GT as a free car. I want to be hit by a tidal wave on 10/9 :D
It will be a car and a track. That's not even a splash compared to the full game.

At this point it'll feel less like a demo and more like an appetiser. I know what I'm getting, I just want a little taste of something while I wait.

I wonder how many cars and track are available and whether we can set race length.. mehh, prolly not.

Hope we get to keep assists off and set deadzones.

I must say that since I jumped the GT ship and joined the Forza franchise, I've been very impressed by how
everything has been made clear regarding what's going on re: content and dates

A refreshing change from the ambiguity, mystery, confusion and quite frankly the bs that seems to accompany
anything to do with GT

I must say that since I jumped the GT ship and joined the Forza franchise, I've been very impressed by how

A refreshing change from the ambiguity, mystery, confusion and quite frankly the bs that seems to accompany
anything to do with GT
I wouldn't say I have jumped ship completely,as Rob will play pretty much any racing game going..:lol: but i have to agree with this.:)

I wouldn't say I have jumped ship completely,as Rob will play pretty much any racing game going..:lol: but i have to agree with this.:)

Forza has significantly upped the anty on consoles... lucky and honored to be an X1 owner!

I remember how excited I used to get seeing the intro videos while getting ready for an "original NFS" session on my Playstation. Boggles the mind to see how far racing games have come on consoles.. :dopey:

Forza has significantly upped the anty on consoles... lucky and honored to be an X1 owner!

I remember how excited I used to get seeing the intro videos while getting ready for an "original NFS" session on my Playstation. Boggles the mind to see how far racing games have come on consoles.. :dopey:

Good times. The 911 Turbo, C4 Corvette ZR-1, Diablo SV etc

anything to do with GT

Honestly, i think that's more due to Japanese corporate culture being different to Western corporate culture.

Where Westerners are very direct and to the point, the Japanese try to stay polite in all situations and hold their cards close to their chest. The image of the brash American cowboy vs the quiet, neat Japanese man in a suit is a very apt analogy here.

PD isn't the only Japanese developer which is ambiguous at best about what it's doing. What does make them 'strange' though is that they are one of the few Japanese developers with a big fanbase in the West, without adapting to the situation (From Software and whatever Kojima's studio is called are obvious examples of how to do it 'better' (hesitant of saying 'doing it right')).

So, what i actually wanted to say, you are kind of right. :P

Good times. The 911 Turbo, C4 Corvette ZR-1, Diablo SV etc

GOOD times indeed!

Oh man.. the black Diablo VT (yes, it was a VT model not SV..all-wheel drive I think.. not sure).. they nailed the sound so well for the cars.

And the track layouts were sweet to the core. :D

I have almost the entire soundtrack on my HDD!

anything to do with GT
So much this. This side of the fence is a lot more greener (and continues to stay fresh) then the other side. T10 and Playground Games know exactly what they're doing by listening to their fans and that's what I like. They also improve their games through each title they make, it's just freakin' epic these two companies! :cheers:

Glad to have moved on to Forza and other games because GT just ain't improving and PD doesn't seem to care. So, I don't care nor miss them at all either.

So much this. This side of the fence is a lot more greener (and continues to stay fresh) then the other. T10 and Playground Games know exactly what they're doing by listening to their fans and that's what I like. They also improve their games through each title they make, it's just freakin' epic these two companies! :cheers:

Glad to have moved on to Forza and other games because GT just ain't improving and PD doesn't seem to care. So, I don't care nor miss them at all either.
Funny thing is i actually consider to buy XBone not because of Forza 5, but Forza Horizon 2. Best free roam game ever made. The cars, the maps, etc.

Now, Forza 6 will be considered. Not sure physics wise and the presentation feels overdramatic. But overall a better package than GT6. Now imagine a Forza 6 car list, PCars physics, GT6 tracks, and a realistic sound (im confused which) and itll be a perfect buy for me.

Now, Forza 6 will be considered. Not sure physics wise and the presentation feels overdramatic. But overall a better package than GT6. Now imagine a Forza 6 car list, PCars physics, GT6 tracks, and a realistic sound (im confused which) and itll be a perfect buy for me.

Once a game developer does this, I am finished buying more than one game. I would have figured by 2015 someone would have done it by now. LOL

Funny thing is i actually consider to buy XBone not because of Forza 5, but Forza Horizon 2. Best free roam game ever made. The cars, the maps, etc.

Forza 6 car list, forza physics, pcars wheel support, gt6 track list with forza presentation and forza sound.

PCars physics

I dont get why people think that Pcars physics are the be all and end all of racing game physics, especially when both Assetto corsa and Iracing stomp Pcars into the ground on that specific thing. As for the physics in Forza, they are no where as bad as people like to make out. Sure they are not the best out there, but they are better than what GT currently offers by a mile. But I am not saying here that Forza's physics are perfect however, and there are things that they need to work on. Hopefully some of those things will be done in FM6, and with only a couple weeks to go. I cant wait to get my hands on it. I do think that Forza as a whole got an unfair and undeserved reputation in terms of its physics though, with them been labeled as "arcade" from the get go. Even going as far back as the very first Forza game, I have not once held that opinion. And have always found Forza to not only have the better physics between GT and itself, but it also progresses at a far greater pace than the physics do in GT. The main thing that lets forza down though is the force feedback on a wheel. For whatever reason the FFB has an odd deadzone at the wheels center. I am not saying these things without some perspective however, and I have a great amount of past experience with the GT franchise as I played GT 1 through 5. With 5 been the most lackluster out of my own personal experiences.

Honestly, i think that's more due to Japanese corporate culture being different to Western corporate culture

Where Westerners are very direct and to the point, the Japanese try to stay polite in all situations and hold their cards close to their chest. The image of the brash American cowboy vs the quiet, neat Japanese man in a suit is a very apt analogy here

PD isn't the only Japanese developer which is ambiguous at best about what it's doing. What does make them 'strange' though is that they are one of the few Japanese developers with a big fanbase in the West, without adapting to the situation (From Software and whatever Kojima's studio is called are obvious examples of how to do it 'better' (hesitant of saying 'doing it right')

So, what i actually wanted to say, you are kind of right :P
I agree and in hindsight I think I was harsh to include 'bs' in my list of concerns. I'd like to believe that Kaz is being honest in what he says

It's my firm belief that he and by extension PD are honest when they say what they're going to do, but they bite off more than they can chew

Then to 'save face' when it doesn't pan out as planned, they start vaguely twisting what they've said. As you say, it's a cultural thing

I know for sure that cultural differences are a real thing. When I started to learn the bass/guitar, I was ok with the 1/3 emphasis on the beat in western rock music. Trying to get my head round the 2/4 rhythm of reggae was very tricky

Anyway, Forza is where I'm at now :D

Back