Forza 6 Demo Sept 1

• Thread starter thomasw
  • 785 comments
iirc xbone joypad remains wireless in functionality no matter if you got it connected with a wire or not, so that would only solve the battery depletion thing.

iirc xbone joypad remains wireless in functionality no matter if you got it connected with a wire or not, so that would only solve the battery depletion thing.
That's odd, is there any source for that? If that's so, thats extremely weird why they'd leave that as is when plugged in.

Still, the issue was never a battery issue that caused this. Glad to see you finally encountered what I'm talking about, though. Be careful, because you'll get varying degrees of the situation. Some minor, and some extreme.

That's odd, is there any source for that? If that's so, thats extremely weird why they'd leave that as is when plugged in.

Still, the issue was never a battery issue that caused this. Glad to see you finally encountered what I'm talking about, though. Be careful, because you'll get varying degrees of the situation. Some minor, and some extreme.
can't find source right now, but I remember reading this back when xbone was to be released.
I guess a tweet to aaron greenberg or a equivalent xbox dude will clarify for sure.

can't find source right now, but I remember reading this back when xbone was to be released.
I guess a tweet to aaron greenberg or a equivalent xbox dude will clarify for sure.
This page would appear to suggest the opposite though. Is there a way to remove the battery pack?

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/connect-charge-cable-to-controller

Your Xbox One Wireless Controller can be connected to your Xbox One console without having batteries or a battery pack by using your charging cable. When the charge cable is attached, the wireless controller converts to a wired controller.

well, maybe there are two different things here, one being a normal pad with batteries AND connected with the supplied micro-usb cable (used for firmware updates, not charging) and another is the "play and charge" thing.

back then where I remember (about first case), it was stated that if you plug the micro usb the batteries dont charge and the functionality remains wireless.

then again, we have seen at least two f/w updates for the pads, and I dont know if this has been changed or not.

It does have to be a USB Data cable, because for whatever reason there are companies that still produce "charge only" USB cables. It's been that way since day one, I'm pretty sure. There's always been a pretty clear delay between disconnecting the data cable and the controller waiting to receive a signal again, where if it were still wireless it shouldn't have even lost it.

Back