Forza 6 discussion

• Thread starter 20B_4ME
  • 143 comments

What feature should Turn 10 concentrate on the most for Forza 6?

• Total voters
Toko, GT5 in its whole was a massive negative pool before the last update, even now the infamous mastodontic critic thread is growing every day and no one cries for that. Don't compare.
Because those that played GT5 were largely disappointed with it and that disappointment remains in GT6. You have PD to blame for that.
Also, how about YOU stop comparing GT with Forza if you haven't even played the modern ones after 3.

It is disrespectful to use this thread for wars, since 20B_4ME had an great idea and made a good first post, in my opinion. He didn't just create a thread..
---
We all know Forza 6 will happen. Discuss
---
He made a huge post that shows to me that he thought about it and really wants to discuss the future of Forza. Instead he did get a - You are bad. No you are, Graphics is everything that matters, no advanced weather in Horizon 2, projects cars, did you see driveclub, and so on - discussion.
- Cars: all cars from Forza 5 (which all had to be re-scanned for next gen), plus all (or almost all) new cars added on Forza Horizon 2. Plus a few new ones that are new to the series. Plus a few that were on the series previously but didn't make the cut to Forza 5 or Horizon 2.
I assume DLC cars from Horizon 2 will be in, too. How much cars does Turn10 and their outsourcing teams create in two years?
- Driveatars: not much needs to be changed here, maybe just a bit of tinkering from new knowledge gotten from Forza 5 and Horizon 2.
I like the idea of drivatars, but as every new idea it needs improvment to really shine, in my opinion.
- Multiplayer: is there room/place for Turn 10 to implement at least some of the new seemless changeability between single player and online multiplayer modes that Horizon 2 is implementing?
I don't see the benefit, because in Motorsport you aren't racing in an open world. But i would like to see this new car meet mode in Motorsport, because you can talk about cars, share liveries and race while you wait.
But, looking at other competing games, is there anything Turn 10 could/needs to add to Forza 6?
I would like to see more racing cars and a career mode within you can progress from an kart to an GT3 car driver. With a race calender, including special events like 24h nurburgring and everything you need for an realistic racing career mode. Yellow flag and so on. Of course the normal career should be available to, because i know that some couldn't care less about the mode i want.

I would also like to see a return of the autovista approach, which talked more about different cars and not so much about the manufacture itself. One suprise, which makes me say i didn't know that i want it, but it is cool would be good, too. Motorcycle would be the next huge step for me, where the franchise could go to after they made weather and night in Motorsport. I hope my english isn't to bad :nervous:

Last edited:
How many people have asked the same exact question to you in the GT5 section? :)

The difference being, Samus plays the games. The difference being, he doesn't have a history of flat-out making things up, a helpful list of yours provided by @Tornado:

Lexus LFA.
GT5 in a true surround sound environment (twice!)
Handling characteristics of RR cars.
Forza 4 image aliasing
GT5 framerate in rain
GT6 framerate
Forza 5 interview

So, there's that.

No. GT6 was competing with FM4, and its graphics as a whole with all the features were still more impressive in-game than in FM4 or anything in the previous generation. FM6 is going to compete with all the new generation racers running on a much more advanced hardware. They can't take the luxury of lowering even more its actual level or the differences will become too much evident to be ignored.

No. Unsurprisingly, you miss the point. You talk about how FM6 would suffer if they pushed their graphics engine more and more and more, and the game could look worse than FM5. I make mention of GT6 because that's precisely what PD did; they took a game that already had numerous performance issues with its graphics, and pushed more. And that was at the end of a hardware cycle; history has shown there are great strides to be made for performance on new hardware over the years after launch. The look between FM2 and FM4 is just one example in the genre.

Note, that I'm not comparing the graphics of the two titles - that isn't the intention, as this isn't the thread for it. My point has been - and it's one I've made numerous times - is that the approach the developers take is different.

There are no heavyweights yet on this generation.

If they don't nail the graphics, a supossed good weather physics is not going to save the game from the critics. Also a realistic atmosphere is as important as a realistic sound to enhace the experience.

Why would they need to nail the graphics? GT's 5 and 6 both scored decently well with critics despite the majority of their graphical content being last-gen.

FM6 will have to deal with the weather/time question - it's the series' equivalent of GT's PS2 assets, the 800lb gorilla - but I'd rather T10's more pragmatic approach than PD's jump-right-in one, where we see a ton of half-baked additions to the game for seemingly no more than another bullet point on the sales stand. Or, you know, talk of a "revolutionary feature" (like Course Maker 2.0) that is used as a major selling point for the game pre-release, only to not have it in the game (and absolutely no predicted release) over half a year later. The jack-of-all-trades approach leads to a master of none. If T10 are going to introduce time and weather changes to FM6 - and with FH2 on the horizon (ha!), at the early side of a hardware cycle no less, this is the most critical time in the series' history - I sincerely hope they do it holistically.

Oh, and T10 needs to stop being afraid to court the hardcore racing enthusiasts, not just the car culture / automotive enthusiasts. Bring in more race-oriented features - with multiple options, of course, not mandatory - and they'll have another important feature that pairs incredibly well with their continued strength in the console physics arena.

Being able to do all modifications of Rfactor 2 on my cars.
Like wheel spacers, offsets, steering lock, enlarge tires as I want, fenders, rocket bunny, exhaust, turbo setting …..
More saloon JDM cars as the Laurel, Chaser, Crown, and others JZX100 series.
All ebisu course and the come back of Fujimi Kaido ;) .
And I will be the happiest guy in the world.

I really hope they change the career structure from Forza 5, FM5's seemed good at first, but then you realize that it's all copypasted, virtually nothing changes between different leagues apart from the car you're driving, the tracks and layouts are all the same every time, the types of events repeat all the time, the payout is the same which is the most annoying thing, you get the same money for racing in a Mini as for racing in an F1. Having been playing FM5 since february and purchasing GT6 just last weekend the difference in career structure is massive. GT6's is simply a lot more varied and fun, it comes from having a huge amount of tracks and layouts, dynamic time and weather, steady progression in difficulty and rewards, and overall good amount of various types of events, while in FM5 it gets repetitive very quickly - normal races, chase events that are very easy, passing gates which are even easier, bowling pins and TGTS races with rubbish on the track and a few others. T10 should really look up to PD in regards to handling career. Everything else is pretty good, just want more cars and tracks and hopefully dynamic lighting, that feature alone makes races in GT6 feel a lot more varied.

One feature I love about GT6 is being able to select things in the menus by using the gas pedal on my wheel. I've always wanted this feature in a Forza game.

If there's anything I want T10 to take from PD it would be... nothing. I left that series for good for a reason, the same old career that I could literally fall asleep playing was one. Go back to FM4 style, and more tracks will also grow the career mode.

Hmm interesting theory, Crackdown will use the Cloud to calculate physics for building destruction, so will Forza 6 have an option for allowing the Cloud to calculate car physics? Freeing up a ton of CPU (I think) for more fun stuff.

Hmm interesting theory, Crackdown will use the Cloud to calculate physics for building destruction, so will Forza 6 have an option for allowing the Cloud to calculate car physics? Freeing up a ton of CPU (I think) for more fun stuff.
Virtually no internet connection is capable of transmitting lag-free realtime physics simulation at 360 Hz like it is now. Crackdown rumor is a pipe dream as well. For Forza 6 we'll likely get improved Drivatards and obvious online mode improvements.

The car drifts like powersliding even though you are gripping and or youre in the open wheeled car.

Which open wheel cars? Thats not a problem I've come across in the Indy, F1 new and old or Indy lights car. Sounds like a bad tune if those cars. If you're talking about the Atom it's a 500hp car that weights 1,213 lb's, that would be the Atom being itself.

Which open wheel cars? Thats not a problem I've come across in the Indy, F1 new and old or Indy lights car. Sounds like a bad tune if those cars. If you're talking about the Atom it's a 500hp car that weights 1,213 lb's, that would be the Atom being itself.
Any open wheel cars.

I've yet to try the open wheeled cars because I spend all my money as soon as I get it haha.

As for road cars, a tune can very well be the solution to your problems. You're not giving much to go off of though.

I've yet to try the open wheeled cars because I spend all my money as soon as I get it haha.

As for road cars, a tune can very well be the solution to your problems. You're not giving much to go off of though.

I suspect bad tunes, because even out of the box the Indy and Louts F1 cars are glued to the track. The only open wheel car that i just refuse to drive anymore is the Atom. The Brabham can be a handful but it's a 60's GP car with no aero.

Physics are the one thing I wouldn't change unless they see a problem with something in their formulas and calculations.

I've never encountered that. Are you saying that your car is in a full slide but has 100% grip around a corner?

In my experience, it's only one or the other.

I hope FM6 adds fan cars. I'd love to see the Chaparral 2J and Brabham BT46 in the game :drool:

Look at the grip physics:
(vid)
It starts at 2:00 The example of the Open Wheeled car here is Formula Ford.
I don't over-much want to get drawn into this, but I would like to point out a couple things with this video:
1) TCS is on in that video. Judging sliding physics off a video wherein the TCS is on (and active in every corner) is not a great idea.
2) Judging physics purely off of a video, and a video where you can't see what inputs are being given to the car (no telemetry or view of the wheel/controller) is not a great idea. Videos can be made to show what the maker wants them to show, and are at best misleading much of the time.
3) If that's the stock tune (which again no one knows except the video's creator) for the Formula Ford, that thing is terrible. The stock tune has no grip and tries to swap ends constantly under braking. So, as @BoneSawTX said, you can probably blame bad tunes for part of it.
4) Watching the video, if you really think that he's not losing speed with the slides he's doing (in spite of TCS) then I'm not sure we're watching the same video. Not only were his lines terrible, but the slides were consistently costing him time in nearly every corner. As @ImaRobot said, you can't have 100% grip and be sliding, and this video shows that to be the case. Even with the TCS keeping the slides from turning into spins, pretty much every time that the little TCS light comes on, he's losing time because the car is not reaching 100% grip. If the light comes on, it's because the car started to slide, and the TCS is slowing it down to control the slide. As I said, you can clearly see that he's losing time with the slides (and the bad lines, but that's a different matter).

As an aside, does anyone know if there's still a light for STM in Forza 5? I haven't used any driving aids in 5, and I haven't used TCS/STM since Forza 1, so I honestly have no idea. If there is no light for it, it's totally possible that the video in question also has STM enabled, which would further cloud the issue of physics, and offers a further point against making sweeping claims about physics based on videos.

Back