Forza 6 Porsche Expansion

• Thread starter JC_Dude
  • 693 comments
No idea what you mean.

GetPhoto.ashx

:dopey::dopey::dopey:

I don't have a good feeling about March 1st being the release date. They won't announce it during the weekend and 1 day before seems too late for such a large expansion.

Won't they announce it somewhere in the week of spring, or at the end of March at the very least? Either of those weeks would be the perfect time to announce it imo. :D

I don't have a good feeling about March 1st being the release date. They won't announce it during the weekend and 1 day before seems too late for such a large expansion.
Maybe, it's hard to say for sure. Everybody and their brother already knows about it though, from when Turn 10 had Amazon "accidentally" put the Porsche pack info up for the whole world to see. :lol:

If we don't get the pack Tuesday, and they just announce it, we'll probably still see the March car pack. Either way we should be getting new toys to play with next week, hopefully some of them carry the Porsche Logo. :cheers:

Last edited:
Very strange that there's no info whatsoever on either of the two packs. Surely the clues thread would have been up by now, even if the Porsche expansion isn't coming out Tuesday?? Didn't they say last year though that the Porsches were coming 'spring?' Now, March 21st is officially the first day of spring so we are technically still in winter.

Yesterday on a Twitch Stream they said there will be info regarding March DLC next week. And as I posted over at forzamotorsport.net, it makes perfect sense to reveal it on Tuesday when Microsoft has their big event where they present the spring lineup. So March 1st is a go.

It's the 918 for sure. The picture uploaded in a low res version for some reason. I have a higher res one and can definitely see the 918. The picture is from the Xbox Showcase event from 25th Feb. There's an embargo, which end on 1st March, regarding publication of news from said event.

Not to add fuel to the fire here – while I'm sure something is coming tomorrow, I still don't know what – but an interesting point raised at the official forums: perhaps the lack of a clue thread is precisely because of Porsche? It'd be hard to make hints that don't give away the marque... and doubly so if there were 20 of them! :lol:

Clue 1. If Kermit was a car

Clue 2. Conventional wisdom says if it were back to front, it would be the norm.

Clue 3. It would make a widow-maker out of anyone.

I can keep going. :D

Okay, there is a whole lot of information going around and things are a little confusing. Is there any reason why the final car pass DLC will not be out tomorrow?

My understanding is that the DLC pack is separate from the Porsche pack entirely, so why would we not see the pack on the normal scheduled release day?

Okay, there is a whole lot of information going around and things are a little confusing. Is there any reason why the final car pass DLC will not be out tomorrow?

My understanding is that the DLC pack is separate from the Porsche pack entirely, so why would we not see the pack on the normal scheduled release day?

I'm not entirely sure there even is a regular March DLC pack. There might be, there might not be. For all we know, the previously-leaked April Top Gear Pack could be the final piece of the Car Pass puzzle, with T10 skipping March to focus on the Germans. Though that'd probably annoy those that – for whatever reason – don't want Porsches.

It wouldn't make sense to have both it and the Porsche pack out on the same day. Sure, the Porsches won't be a part of the Car Pass, but I imagine T10 would want to stretch out the news throughout the month, not lump it all on one day.

There was some talk over in the official forums about the proposed March pack coming in the middle of the month, with tomorrow being focused on the Porsche pack. Seems a little backwards to me, personally; an expansion makes more sense in the middle of the month.

What if the Porsche pack had been bumped up to being the final car pass pack? Not hearing about a March pack adds fuel to this tenuous fire.

How do Microsofts NDA's usually work? Is it a set time on March 1 that anyone who was at the event can talk about or release articles/info on? I would think Turn 10 would have some kind of announcement today, or before everyone who was at the event gets to break the news before they do. That's if Porsche pack is coming tomorrow, and they aren't just announcing the date for the release.

I'm not entirely sure there even is a regular March DLC pack. There might be, there might not be. For all we know, the previously-leaked April Top Gear Pack could be the final piece of the Car Pass puzzle, with T10 skipping March to focus on the Germans. Though that'd probably annoy those that – for whatever reason – don't want Porsches.

It wouldn't make sense to have both it and the Porsche pack out on the same day. Sure, the Porsches won't be a part of the Car Pass, but I imagine T10 would want to stretch out the news throughout the month, not lump it all on one day.

There was some talk over in the official forums about the proposed March pack coming in the middle of the month, with tomorrow being focused on the Porsche pack. Seems a little backwards to me, personally; an expansion makes more sense in the middle of the month.
Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I would think, that if the Amazon Porsche thing never leaked, we wouldn't even doubt a normal car pack releasing on March 1. I can see where the confusion and speculation is coming from.

I suppose with the lack of hints and the Porsche leak, something is definitely fishy. In any case, I would not be shocked to see only the Porsche pack tomorrow. But who knows! Ugh.

VXR
What if the Porsche pack had been bumped up to being the final car pass pack? Not hearing about a March pack adds fuel to this tenuous fire.

Heh, that'd be a ballsy move, since the pack leaked for $20 on its own. It'd obviously be great for us current holders, though.

How do Microsofts NDA's usually work? Is it a set time on March 1 that anyone who was at the event can talk about or release articles/info on? I would think Turn 10 would have some kind of announcement today, or before everyone who was at the event gets to break the news before they do. That's if Porsche pack is coming tomorrow, and they aren't just announcing the date for the release.

The fun thing about NDA's, is you can't talk about anything within them, either... :P

That being said, it's very unlikely Microsoft is holding folks to an NDA simply over a release date. If T10 were to release the info today, the March 1 limitation would be redundant: outlets could just quote T10 themselves on all the news.

If the pack isn't releasing tomorrow, I expect a lot more info about its contents, at the very least.

I doubt we'll see it tomorrow. Makes no sense not to hype the expansion pack up and just release it out of the blue. Hope I am wrong but I don't think so

I'm sure there will be a regular March car pack at some point during the month. Either that or the Porsche Expansion tomorrow. The car pass promises "six monthly car packs", which more or less translates into six consecutive months of car packs. Not delivering on that promise could cause a small uproar because not every car pass holder will be ready to settle with a purchasable expansion instead. Something for everyone.

Didn't Horizon 2's Porsche pack pretty much come out of nowhere?

I remember not hearing anything about it till the trailer than it coming out later that day.

I don't know.

I'm refusing to get myself to hyped just yet, will save me from disappointment.

Back