Forza 6 Porsche Expansion

• Thread starter JC_Dude
  • 693 comments
Tell me people are not going to give T10 even more money for yet another Porsche expansion? Do you guys ever learn?

C'mon guys they are ripping the ass right our of you's! Have you's seen the price of DC & PCars DLC... Honestly T10 must be laughing all the way to the bank!
Please tell me you're not going to buy (insert something I don't think is worth the money that you do). ;)

It's a free world man!

I have no problem with paying for this Pack.

20 more Cars in the game?, no complaints here.

Porsche isn't my favourite Manufacture but I still look forward to taking them out and maybe taking on Ferrari's and Lambo's with them.

Shame we can't make some deal that means Porsches are available from the Games release but whatever, better late than never :)

Still wish we could have gotten RUF to keep us going beforehand but alas, let's not open up this old chestnut again.

I'll won't complain about paying to have Porsche added. The alternative could easily be EA just deciding they'd rather not share their precious exclusive.

I'll won't complain about paying to have Porsche added. The alternative could easily be EA just deciding they'd rather not share their precious exclusive.
They're not sub-licensing the cars from EA. Apparently EA's license has expired as of 2016, so they are licensing directly from Porsche themselves.

Has it ever been confirmed that it expired and wasn't renewed? All I could find are reports on the rumor.

EA is still the license holder as per the T10 press release.

Bringing Porsche to Forza Horizon 2 is fantastic news for Xbox fans and, even better, it's just the start! The Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion is the result of an agreement between Porsche, EA, and Xbox to bring the Porsche experience to all Xbox One players. In addition to the Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion, this agreement also includes adding Porsche models to Forza Motorsport 6. We will have more details to share in the future on this integration.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/porsche-returns-forza-horizon-2-expansion-video/

tears-of-joy3.jpg

Gran Turismo Defector, Finally! FM6, My First Forza Simulator, and my first Porsche. I've been waiting many Years for this moment.

EA is still the license holder as per the T10 press release.

Bringing Porsche to Forza Horizon 2 is fantastic news for Xbox fans and, even better, it's just the start! The Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion is the result of an agreement between Porsche, EA, and Xbox to bring the Porsche experience to all Xbox One players. In addition to the Forza Horizon 2 Porsche Expansion, this agreement also includes adding Porsche models to Forza Motorsport 6. We will have more details to share in the future on this integration.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/porsche-returns-forza-horizon-2-expansion-video/
That doesn't necessarily mean EA still holds the license in 2016, but I don't know anything about contract/ license laws. I would hope Porsche looks at their agreement with EA and refuses to renew it. You would think the company wants a game that showcases their product well... not "street racing" BS.

In any case, I have zero issues paying $20 to have Porsche added to FM6. If EA made a game that represented the Porsche brand well, I would pay for that too, but (in my opinion) EA has not made a game worth playing anymore.

That doesn't necessarily mean EA still holds the license in 2016, but I don't know anything about contract/ license laws. I would hope Porsche looks at their agreement with EA and refuses to renew it. You would think the company wants a game that showcases their product well... not "street racing" BS.

If the license was set to expire the following year, why would T10 sign an agreement for a future game (FM6) at the time. Why not just wait and license directly from Porsche the next year?
All signs point to status quo between EA and Porsche unfortunately.

If the license was set to expire the following year, why would T10 sign an agreement for a future game (FM6) at the time. Why not just wait and license directly from Porsche the next year?
That's a good question, but let's say the agreement between EA and Porsche did expire in 2016. Suppose Turn 10 could swipe up the license and have cars modeled and ready for DLC release for FM6 in a reasonable time frame? Maybe at the time they licensed the cars for Horizon 2 it was easier (and cheaper) to include a deal for FM6.

I have no idea, total speculation here. You're probably right, EA probably still has rights to Porsche. I just don't want to believe it.

C'mon guys, This EA+Porsche agreement is A Polyphony Digital and Sony Issue, Not Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft. I've been belly aching about Porsche in Gran Turismo for over a decade:banghead: to receive nothing but A couple of Rufs:indiff:, Now to finally drive some Porsche's in Forza Motorsport 6 I am Elated to tears:D I would have happily paid even more than $20.00, and not because I have a lot of money, because I don't, but because this is so rare and so special that only Turn 10 can state that they have accomplished bringing Porsche to console simulation racing. There are GT Fans that would gladly pay $79.00 for GT with Porsche, I know because I made the poll on GT Planet. I bought A Xbox One and FM6 to drive Porsche's in Simulation and Turn 10 is bringing them to console simulation, and if they hadn't, I would not have experience one of the best console simulations on the market even without Porsche, but with Porsche, Priceless, THANK YOU:bowdown: Microsoft & TURN 10 STUDIOS! :cheers:

Last edited:
@Haulin_Hebrew If you haven't tried Forza Horizon 2, I really think you should give it a try. It has a Porsche expansion in it, too, and I love the open world aspect of the game.
I jumped into Horizon 2 last night just to drive some Porsches around, really made me excited to finally get them in FM6. Not only to take the cars out onto proper tracks with a proper physics engine, but I'm also really thinking about checking out the cars in Forzavista. Unless that new NFS had fully modeled interiors and stuff, I think this would be the first time we have high detailed Porsches in a video game?

C'mon guys, This EA+Porsche agreement is A Polyphony Digital and Sony Issue, Not Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft. I've been belly aching about Porsche in Gran Turismo for over a decade:banghead: to receive nothing but A couple of Rufs:indiff:, Now to finally drive some Porsche's in Forza Motorsport 6 I am Elated to tears:D I would have happily paid even more than $20.00, and not because I have a lot of money, because I don't, but because this is so rare and so special that only Turn 10 can state that they have accomplished bringing Porsche to console simulation racing. There are GT Fans that would gladly pay $100.00 for GT with Porsche, I know because I made the poll on GT Planet. I bought A Xbox One and FM6 to drive Porsche's in Simulation and Turn 10 is bringing them to console simulation, and if they hadn't, I would not have experience one of the best console simulations on the market even without Porsche, but with Porsche, Priceless, THANK YOU:bowdown: Microsoft & TURN 10 STUDIOS! :cheers:[/QUOTE

I thought you bought an xbone and FM6 then made a big deal about taking it back ?

@Haulin_Hebrew If you haven't tried Forza Horizon 2, I really think you should give it a try. It has a Porsche expansion in it, too, and I love the open world aspect of the game.
Forza Horizon 2 came as a bonus with my Xbox One Console, but Walmart made a mistake and billed me separately, so I returned it for a refund:lol:, Open world driving games like Forza Horizon2, and The Crew just aren't my cup of tea, I,like real simulators, not cars flying twenty feet in the air and landing and still driveable :lol:. I prefer the racing simulators: GT, Forza Motorsport, Assetto Corsa and PCARS, drive Club is the closest thing to non simulation driving I can relate to, but I appreciate the suggestion.👍

I thought you bought an xbone and FM6 then made a big deal about taking it back ?

Thanks for remembering @waboo, I did take it back because I had doubt about Porsche appearing because of what I read in a forum, then I repurchased it again and I'm glad, Forza hooked me, and you guys were right all along about Porsche and FM6, Thanx Waboo. Now I'm all set. for the Porsche Pack.:cheers:

Last edited:
They probably paid pittance for the licence since it was so close to running out. Then they are charging $20 for it. Money Spinner!

They probably paid pittance for the licence since it was so close to running out. Then they are charging $20 for it. Money Spinner!

If it's sub-licensed to T10 in 2016, it is no longer exclusive. Reports made out of nothing.

ChaBuuo.gif

Usually more like this.
Rally Is the real deal, realistic jumps, well under twenty feet high:lol: (@BoneSawTX that FH2 photo is hilarious) but rally is not my cup of tea either, but yeah you get what I'm saying, the only racing I hate is drifting, It doesn't make sense to me to drive slower sideways just for the sake of driving sideways:odd: but on occasion I will run a little Rally Sport in GT, but rally isn't appealing enough to me to buy a game totally dedicated it like Dirt Rally or Evo.:cheers:

I'm not a rally person either game wise, FH2 was my first venture into open world driving. It was fun but the off road races were a chore for me. I'll probably stick to FM from now on or just play FH for highway racing.

The Forza 6 VIP Pass is 50% off now. I'm not saying that it will 100% guarantee that the porsche pack will be 50% off when it drops but it was the case with Storm Island in Horizon 2 if you owned the VIP Pass. You get 5 Cars, amongst them the Veneno and double the Money after the every race.

Back