Forza 7 Homologation System Levels the Playing Field

I just hope we're not forced to use this. Sometimes it can be fun trying to overcome a significant performance disadvantage, or seeing how faster cars stack up against slower ones.

I like the aspect, it makes the 700 plus cars a bit more useful instead of tuning one car for career mode. As long as the limits can be custom for online private lobbies, it'll be perfect.

I just hope we're not forced to use this. Sometimes it can be fun trying to overcome a significant performance disadvantage, or seeing how faster cars stack up against slower ones.
We will probably forced to use it during career and multiplayer event (Forzathlon, Rival, League...).

In fact, homologation is just a set of criteria. It will be much easier for organize championship or thematic race with friends with this.

Good news as usual.

I hope there won't be a small pool of "meta" cars that outclass the rest of the field at a similar level like in the past games.

daang, i was hoping this was a system that would penalize the fastest cars for an online event. For example: say there is a time trial event and everyone is using "Car X" because that has the fastest time, best tires, best power, best weight for the class. So what the levelling system would do is slowly add weight or cut power to the car. This would be long-term solution to leveling the playing field and not the best option for a single time trial. After a few months of collecting data they would have a really good idea of what car is going to be the go-to car for every event and degrade it (or them, there could be more than just one car) to a point that the leaderboard looks less and less like a one-make race event.

I'm interested to try this as it seems more along the lines of a GT styled career mode instead of the usual Forza style. Plus it hopefully means they've put thought into each event. Have they said if there will be PI matching on top of the homologation aspect?

I kind of lost my excitement for FM7 about a month ago, but it's starting to creep back. This may be a good thing as my expectations are rather low at this point.

daang, i was hoping this was a system that would penalize the fastest cars for an online event. For example: say there is a time trial event and everyone is using "Car X" because that has the fastest time, best tires, best power, best weight for the class. So what the levelling system would do is slowly add weight or cut power to the car. This would be long-term solution to leveling the playing field and not the best option for a single time trial. After a few months of collecting data they would have a really good idea of what car is going to be the go-to car for every event and degrade it (or them, there could be more than just one car) to a point that the leaderboard looks less and less like a one-make race event.

I don't think doing that would make much of a difference as once one car loses it's advantage the masses will just keep moving down the line to the next best car, and considering the size of the car list the line is rather long. It sucks, but unless they resort to what GT Sport is attempting to do and BoP every car into a set category there will always be leaderboard cars.

This is good step, now how about player driving ratings so we can have an idea who is more or less serious about racing when we see them enter the room. I personally didn't have an issue with Forza's PI sure there were a few special cars that sort of performed far better than the PI indicated not that big a deal. This will probably not put a dent in leaderboard cars since once a few people use a certain setup and every notices that it's just awesome, folks will still gravitate to that machine. Forcing people to swap other cars isn't a cool thing, let them choose what they think is best for them even if it's a car from the leaderboard, thing is it was their choice to use it. Good step though, will see what it's about once mine lands. Thinking about getting that One X along with it to have the best console version possible since no chance I'll play this on PC not within the next couple of years at least.

If T10 werent so lazy and cheap they would create a Class System like Project Cars 2. but we cant have that cause most of their ingame Race Cars are also outdated. The Aston Martin GT Car is from 06. no up to date GT3s besides the Bentley and that is only a re-skin anyway.

If T10 werent so lazy and cheap they would create a Class System like Project Cars 2. but we cant have that cause most of their ingame Race Cars are also outdated. The Aston Martin GT Car is from 06. no up to date GT3s besides the Bentley and that is only a re-skin anyway.

From my understanding, this is a class system. But, it's to accommodate the existing car list, not build a car list around real-world classes a la PCARS2. If anything, it's more in-line with what GT Sport is all about, but obviously with a lot more divisions to deal with all the variety.

It remains to be seen how well this works though — will the Alfa 33 finally be dethroned?

Credit to them for trying something different. In some ways, with the auto-tuning, it sounds a lot like the kind of thing some people have been asking for. It doesn't sound like it should remove any freedom, but I'm very keen to see / hear how this works in practice.

GT Sport's system is more curated, being applied over the smaller car count, and the jury is still out on that - the concept makes sense to me, so is it a case of results being dependent on the execution, or more a case of the concept (performance parity) not standing up in reality and hence being a technical impossibility?

Looks like a tuner's nightmare/bane. Every event might require a re-tune of the car. Good thing I'm no tuning maniac, I'll just go along with what they'll dictate for us to go with.

Back