Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
Just from the first 5 minutes, I could already tell this was gonna be way better than the first - which is surprising, since I absolutely adored the first, despite the flaws. No douchey CGI scenes, no annoying 'rival' characters, just a solid road trip and an amazing live action clip that sets the mood. Perfect.

Like the original Horizon's demo, a lot of the map is locked off, but you do still get more than a sizable chunk to play around with, especially with being able to go fully off-road. One thing I will say is that they actually have put thought into where the bonus signs are this time; after a solid hour and a half of playing, I didn't find all of the ones available.

Mechanical damage is actually something to be weary of, since there is no damage indicators like there are in the Motorsport games. Even the fuel slowly depletes; should be interesting to see how that works when it goes empty.

Damn Xbox powered off after an hour and the demo takes more than an hour to load. Should've kept a closer eye on it. 88%.

My GT is UKMikeyA, feel free to add me. I hope someone sets up a car club for GTP.

Last edited:
Racing blind through fields makes this a whole nother' beast. You really need to focus on where the checkpoints are, or you will blow right by them without even knowing, especially in cockpit or hood cam. Graphics and sound are just what you would think they would be. Just finished the first heat, gonna dive into it more later on.

EDIT: The ability to just fly off of a main road down a steep hill now is just too much fun lol

Last edited:
Currently downloading! To cheat time I've also seen one of the devs' FH2 demo livestream on Twitch. Got me pumped up even more to play the demo, let alone the full game! I'll pre-purchase the Ultimate Edition as my birthday gift! My GT is: NickRoss98
Add me whenever possible. And see you in Horizon! :D

I'm getting a weird controller lockout bug with it when I turn controller off/on to change batteries or take a break. Very strange. Xbox wouldn't even respond to smart glass. Had to hard restart. Game seems super fun, though!

Omg look at this shot:

14f06763-0299-4506-aac4-1c3bc5d21e11.jpg

Photomode, you complete me.

Just from the first 5 minutes, I could already tell this was gonna be way better than the first - which is surprising, since I absolutely adored the first, despite the flaws. No douchey CGI scenes, no annoying 'rival' characters, just a solid road trip and an amazing live action clip that sets the mood. Perfect.

Like the original Horizon's demo, a lot of the map is locked off, but you do still get more than a sizable chunk to play around with, especially with being able to go fully off-road. One thing I will say is that they actually have put thought into where the bonus signs are this time; after a solid hour and a half of playing, I didn't find all of the ones available.

Mechanical damage is actually something to be weary of, since there is no damage indicators like there are in the Motorsport games. Even the fuel slowly depletes; should be interesting to see how that works when it goes empty.

"No douchey CGI scenes"..... That is a very good start! :lol:

Omg look at this shot:

14f06763-0299-4506-aac4-1c3bc5d21e11.jpg

Photomode, you complete me.

Oh man..look at that sick resolution! :drool:

I had just under two hours to play the demo before I had to go to work. I chose the Audi RS3. So much fun, and this game really delivers on the open world concept. With this and Zahara in GT6, my hands are full.

So many little side roads and tunnels that aren't on the map that you need to keep an eye out for. I'm sure there will be so much more to discover in the full game. Now i am debating whether or not to get the Ultimate edition??

So many little side roads and tunnels that aren't on the map that you need to keep an eye out for. I'm sure there will be so much more to discover in the full game. Now i am debating whether or not to get the Ultimate edition??
It costs the same as buying all the different bits. Personally I would buy the disc version then get the extra bits after

Back