Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
I've been playing a bit of FH2 lately just because I really miss those VWs.

Thankfully they are back in Forza Motorsport 7. Their omission from Forza Horizon 3 is quite strange seeing as VW was still present in other racing titles around that time.

So will those on XB1 get a backwards compatibile 360 version or just the XB1 version?

The BC Xbox 360 version. Even if you have the X1 version of FH2, chances are you will start from scratch since it is a different game. Not sure if you will be awarded cars as part of Forza Rewards though.

The 360 version was plagued with weird glitches and bugs that would cause the game to freeze or have cars go through the ground, I do hope they won't carry over. I bought it when it came out, and I don't even remember if you could play it online. I didn't like it very much and barely played it, especially considering how much content got cut out from the X1 version (not just cars and free-roam abilities but also radio stations and events)

With that said I think I'll pick up the X1 version soon because of how cheap it now is.

If the rumours from this website are to be believed, Forza Horizon 2 is set to feature in next month's Games with Gold lineup.

http://www.somosxbox.com/rumores-de-los-games-with-gold-de-agosto-2017/749723

But there is a pretty big catch; it's the Xbox 360 version. Although if you are a huge fan of Forza Horizon 1 and never got to try the 360 version of FH2 a shot, it may be worth a download. Even though it is cut down in content, the physics on the 360 version are said to be similar to the original and more of the races race place on roads only, since the fields are cut off with guardrails.
You can tell the physics are based on the FM4/FH1 model instead of the understeery FM5-based model, but the tire grip was jacked up so the driving experience is actually not all that similar to FH1. To preserve some fun, I always ran stock tires no matter how much power the car made.

The fields aren't all fenced off, either. I still thought there was a ton of open nothingness. It doesn't help how some of the scenery was stripped away -- which actually left a few obstacles in remote places that are invisible but still have a collision box. The roads and terrain also have more glitchy spots than FH1.

Some of the differences are beneficial, though. Like how a few of the cars that were DLC in the XBone version were included with the game, you aren't forced into the road trip thing, and you can swap cars anywhere from the pause menu. I also think the physics are more enjoyable, if not what I had hoped for.

The 360 version was plagued with weird glitches and bugs that would cause the game to freeze or have cars go through the ground, I do hope they won't carry over.
It was never supported with updates or DLC, so unless Microsoft feels like investing the effort now for some reason, I would expect it to still have its rough edges.

It was never supported with updates or DLC, so unless Microsoft feels like investing the effort now for some reason, I would expect it to still have its rough edges.

When Forza Horizon 1 was made backwards compatible last year, a patch was released to resolve stuttering and online connectivity issues. If certain features of the game are unplayable on the Xbox One, then expect some sort of support.

Article has been updated, rumours were false. I would be curious to try FH2 360 just for trivia since it's pretty different and the only Horizon variant I am missing now. With the better native One version I don't expect a port tho.

Would be really weird if FH2 from the XBox 360 would be ported since FH2 already exists on the XBox One.

They much better port FM4 though, the amount of maps not in FM5+ is amazing.

edit - I counted 15 (!) locations not currently on any of my XBox One racing games (FM5, FM6, PC, AC) so that would be pretty sweet. Actually having FM4 would be more appealing than FM7 but I don't have an XBox 360 nor plan to get one.

Last edited:
Would be really weird if FH2 from the XBox 360 would be ported since FH2 already exists on the XBox One.

They much better port FM4 though, the amount of maps not in FM5+ is amazing.

edit - I counted 15 (!) locations not currently on any of my XBox One racing games (FM5, FM6, PC, AC) so that would be pretty sweet. Actually having FM4 would be more appealing than FM7 but I don't have an XBox 360 nor plan to get one.
I just checked that list the other day, it's only FH1 so far.

Just picked up a used FH2 today. :)
The thing that really stands out is FM's resale. You can't pick up a 2 year old Forza game for 20 bucks, not even used.
I paid 26 for a used FH2, and that's about as cheap or the cheapest I've seen.
It sucks, but it's because most people don't sell it.

But if you want to sell it, you can actually get some money for it, so there's that too.

FM6 is down to 30(from 50, finally) at WalMart, so that might happen too.

Are FH2's graphics better than FH3's?

Wasn't there a FM6+FH2 bundle on the XBox Store recently for cheaper price?
Yeah, if I read correctly they were listed as 75% off,(for gold members) which still left FH2 at 25 bucks.

My gold is useless until I have an internet company that provides internet anyway. :/

FYI there's a DLC bundle on the store for Horizon 2 that includes everything (VIP, Storm Island, Porsche, every car pack) for 75% (with Gold) off the regular price up until December 31st, a 30-ish$ value instead of 120+.

I am about to get my Xbox One X this week and this was my favourite game out of all three racing around sunny South Europe.

I haven't been following the news too much on Horizon but is there any news on a native 4K patch for this one like they have done for FH3?

I have a 4K HDR TV. Is there a setting I should put this on to get the most out of it anyway? 👍

I haven't been following the news too much on Horizon but is there any news on a native 4K patch for this one like they have done for FH3?

Nope, but interestingly the original Forza Horizon has been enhanced with a 4K patch, leaving FH2 as the only title in the series which plays no differently on the One X than it does on the One S.

Got the X set up last night, thanks guys, ^^ I also tried this FH2 on the Xbox One X and it still looks great up scaled. The screen shots get up scaled to 3840x2160p (4K) as standard so this makes a difference on the photo mode :cheers: A native 4K patch though would be very welcome :) as this makes such a difference to FH3/FM7.

Last edited:
Is there a way I can enter the Horizon Finale again? I repeated a championship by accident and the game no longer does a countdown towards the finale.

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone could answer.. If I delete my save and start again, will my gifted money from T10 that I can see BUT haven't downloaded still be redeemable ?

Back