Forza Horizon 3 - Show off your paints!

United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
Really surprised no one's created this yet, lol. :)

Here's a place for people to show off their latest creations in the livery editor. Created something epic? Why not show it off here? And hey, if the ride's up on the Auction House, you can also include info on how to bid on it. So yeah... let's see it!

(Note for moderators: yes, I am aware of the "Post your latest pictures - Cars & Scenery" thread, but this one is meant more for liveries, and to allow people to show off cars they've put up on the Auction House in the best way possible.)

I shall start with my initial designs! Most are comebacks from FH2 and FM6, and the new ones are pretty much self-explanatory, hope you like them!

XxZaOTt.jpg

DKVTnb5.jpg

7xVrYpO.jpg

MUtTJ9s.jpg

fgAtB1P.jpg

bnyQRoi.jpg

I5PdXCC.jpg

58M5Q7x.jpg

FHFFsCn.jpg

qiEv6f8.jpg

M38YDar.jpg

When painting wheels, can we finally paint the center on a 2-piece/3-piece wheel or is it still the whole wheel?

Here are mine:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst72743_PJ-s-Paints.aspx

29983468095_6678e003b5_o.png

2009 Honda #1 Honda Racing S2000

29899921831_33aa7dbefb_o.png

29949260176_43f4ebc3e9_o.png

29355725764_2bae875307_o.png

29949263266_19088d0117_o.png

---------

2013 Mazda #2 Mazdaspeed MX-5

29949264606_e8e10bdf8e_o.png

29355730114_5d0032c8cc_o.png

29355731354_b99c051917_o.png

29949269026_eaab62da40_o.png

---------

2013 Subaru #3 Circuito do Rio BRZ
(Requires Rocket Bunny Wide-Body Aero Kit)

29355734094_9f77d25773_o.png

29355735924_432e0b5ffc_o.png

29355737734_35302d3d27_o.png

29983454675_7eb2521035_o.png

---------

1997 Honda #4 Honda Racing Civic Type R

29983456835_f6244781a9_o.png

29356821573_7ce7df285e_o.png

29983460855_cfcc9d0750_o.png

29983461765_6b53b681a8_o.png

---------

2016 Mazda #5 MX-5 Cup

29983463455_a77dce1933_o.png

29356825003_bb91e6d7e3_o.png

29983466755_c4f35ff882_o.png

29983467465_d1322b75e3_o.png

----------

Vinyl Groups

Any logos or vinyl groups that I create of a high enough standard to be shared can also be found by using the keyword PJT, or via my Storefront. Feel free to download them for your own cars, or trace them so that you have your own unlocked versions. Each logo have been extensively researched so as to match the real logo's colours and dimensions as best as possible.

Screenshots are from Forza Motorsport 6, but all logos are also available in Forza Horizon 3.

23410777580_822c3f34f6_o.png

23706428635_86e01daa4e_o.png

23078316544_db38971a99_o.png

23680388356_9dc852a9cf_o.png

@PJTierney great work! I have some ideas for some designs. I have a quick question. I like some of your vinyls. If I download one I think it says it is locked and cannot be shared. Does that mean if I create a wrap for the car but use one of your logo vinyls does it then count as your wrap. Just trying to see if there is a way for me to use more manufacturer decals as not many on the main community starting page. Thanks. Torque.

@PJTierney great work! I have some ideas for some designs. I have a quick question. I like some of your vinyls. If I download one I think it says it is locked and cannot be shared. Does that mean if I create a wrap for the car but use one of your logo vinyls does it then count as your wrap. Just trying to see if there is a way for me to use more manufacturer decals as not many on the main community starting page. Thanks. Torque.

Hi there.

Yes, if you download one of my logos it will be "locked" and you cannot upload the design.

However, what you can do is go into the Vinyl Group editor, load the logo in there and then "trace" it so that you have your own (deleting mine once you're done). Basically, you're making your own logo at that point, and simply using mine for reference.

Hi there.

Yes, if you download one of my logos it will be "locked" and you cannot upload the design.

However, what you can do is go into the Vinyl Group editor, load the logo in there and then "trace" it so that you have your own (deleting mine once you're done). Basically, you're making your own logo at that point, and simply using mine for reference.

Cheers @PJTierney :cheers: Great attention to detail and work as always- You deserve the wins :gtpflag:

I have a quick question to the experienced artists in here, If I wish to 'Mirror' all the decals/vinyls to the other side of the car- I have tried to highlight all then insert/past to other side, they do end up there but I can not see a 'mirror' option to turn the decals the right way. I have tried to 'spin' rotate them but I think I missing something simple how to mirror whole panels. Probably something very easily done but any advice appreciated as it will make my learning curve a whole lot easier for the designs I wish to try and create in the future.

I.e this basic design below- You don't want to see the other side at the moment :lol:
It's quite complicated. You have to find the decal you want to "flip," and then remember/write down its position, size, rotation and (if applicable) skew. Then you have to load the vinyl group in a new layer, move it to the exact location of the other one, adjust the size, rotation and skew to exactly match the one you're replacing, and then delete the old one. The whole process is fairly cumbersome and it's one of the reasons my liveries tend to not include too many custom groups.

Cheers :cheers: @TeamCZRRacing I just deleted the post (seconds before you replied) as I was nearly giving up on the whole thing messing about with it. I will give it one or two more tries but I think I will look into different designs like you say and not custom groups.

Thanks again 👍

Cheers :cheers: @TeamCZRRacing I just deleted the post (seconds before you replied) as I was nearly giving up on the whole thing messing about with it. I will give it one or two more tries but I think I will look into different designs like you say and not custom groups.

Thanks again 👍

There's a vastly simpler way of transferring custom layer groups:
  • Finish the design on the first side.
  • Press A on the second side.
  • Use the "Mirror all layers from left/right" option (or whatever it's called). You may need to slightly move the whole lot around on the second side to match it up exactly (I'll use a rectangle to span the front and rear bumpers to line up any design element that wraps around, for example).
  • Your custom layer groups will now be mirrored, but not a problem: head back to the first side, copy a custom layer group, and paste it on the second side. Now just move it over top of the mirrored version.
  • Need to rotate? If the first side had a 10-degree spin, this one will be 350. 30? 330. 90? 270. You get the idea.
  • Once it's lined up (zoom in by clicking the left stick in and up), simply delete the backwards one.
Unless it's a very complicated design, it takes me about two minutes to get the second side completed. Happy painting!

Here's a few of mine. I gotta get back into my groove again with creating anime characters. It's been so long since I've touched a Forza livery editor lol.

Edited 10/8/16: Added a few more pics of cars and livery's. Nothing special about the Z but the picture itself was a good shot lol. All of my logos are done by me, minus the in game manufacture ones. I got a few of them uploaded to my storefront. I have a few more on the way as well.
MinecraftFocus.jpg
Challenger.jpg
MoistBMW.jpg
HooniganGT86.jpg
DevilZ.jpg
OnePunchSilvia.jpg
240.jpg
MoistRacingEvo.jpg
Moist240.jpg

OnePunchSilvia.jpg
240.jpg
MoistRacingEvo.jpg
Moist240.jpg

Last edited:
  • Use the "Mirror all layers from left/right" option (or whatever it's called). You may need to slightly move the whole lot around on the second side to match it up exactly (I'll use a rectangle to span the front and rear bumpers to line up any design element that wraps around, for example).
Unless it's a very complicated design, it takes me about two minutes to get the second side completed. Happy painting!
Forgot to mention that that's how I mirror the basic design elements right-to-left (or vice versa). The other technique I mentioned is for when I need to flip a group that represents a logo.

• Your custom layer groups will now be mirrored, but not a problem: head back to the first side, copy a custom layer group, and paste it on the second side. Now just move it over top of the mirrored version.
  • Need to rotate? If the first side had a 10-degree spin, this one will be 350. 30? 330. 90? 270. You get the idea.
  • Once it's lined up (zoom in by clicking the left stick in and up), simply delete the backwards one.

Cheers Kyle I will have a go in the next few days with a few basic designs and if this is the case that will make it a lot easier to just work on one side and not worry about doing one vinyl/decal at a time. It is all practice and experience, I am enjoying the artwork side of things and the good thing is it syncs with FM6! :) The numbers and degrees on screen really help. I am also liking the vinyl editor to make your own logos.

Thanks again guys..Great work from all ^^^:bowdown:

I'm still noob at this...

Reliant Supervan from Mr Bean.

Reference:
latest

In Game:
FAIL Screenshot 2016-10-04 00-11-27.png
FAIL Screenshot 2016-10-04 00-11-31.png

Aramex Delivery.

Reference:
11311420_1620920054816961_1846929595_n.jpg

Not exactly the same van since i based it on the local one which they usually drive Hyundai's over here.
In Game:
upload_2016-10-4_0-27-41.png

upload_2016-10-4_0-22-40.png

Fun Fact: It was the same delivery Company that delivered my FM6 copy.

"Dirty" GTR, i made it on FM6 and then converted it to FH3.
FAIL Screenshot 2016-10-04 00-09-24.png

Citizens of Horizon! The Bikini Patrol has finally arrived to patrol the beaches of Australia in search of the finest of bikini-wearing ladies (duh). Rejoyce!

Filename for the n. 69 patrol car is Bikini Patrol. Get it while you can - there's no way good ol' Clyde isn't getting banned for this. As a matter of fact, I haven't checked since last night - as far as I know I may be banned already!

Also available is a tune designed for beach patrol duty, with the usual stuff (push bar, roof lights, etc.) and some more unusual modifications (rally suspensions, off road tires, a LSD and... The engine of a Shelby GT500? Oh boi). Filename for the tune is Beach Patrol.

And finally, there is a Bucket List event in the n. 69 patrol car - can you patrol the beaches of Byron Bay and Surfers Paradise in less than 4 minutes and 20 seconds? Prove it! Starting point is at the Byron Bay West Bucket List Blueprint zone.

I've been spending more time making liveries lately than actually playing the game.
Only have three so far, but I'm pretty happy with how they came out. Not the best pictures for showing off the designs, but if anyone is interested I've shared them all. My tag is csiApok.

Very rally focused, I know. :lol:

Back