4ulBqYf.jpg

Forza Horizon 3
DKByDg4.jpg

Forza 7
bKIaQAu.jpg

Driveclub
mTFHqm4.jpg

Last edited:
Any modern game on PS4 or Xbox1 looks amazing.
Why people spend time arguing about which lugnuts have better shading is beyond trivial imho.

FH2 looks amazing, FM5 looks amazing, yep FH4 looks even better is it 4k? UHD? 1080P? 2160i?
Who cares? It looks like actual cars and roads and people, and that's what really matters.

Not wanna sound racist but, the black man arms where pretty high quality compared to the white ones.
K
28883539928_411756aa48_o.png

41856760275_d55c795885_o.png

Lol indeed, I picked a white male at the FH3 launch and never looked back. Now after seeing your post I swapped some characters and indeed the darker skinned characters have better looking hands and arms. I’m not sure if there is more detail or if the darker colour just puts the arms less in the spotlight. I picked one of the Latino dudes now. :)

Lol indeed, I picked a white male at the FH3 launch and never looked back. Now after seeing your post I swapped some characters and indeed the darker skinned characters have better looking hands and arms. I’m not sure if there is more detail or if the darker colour just puts the arms less in the spotlight. I picked one of the Latino dudes now. :)
The tech behind the arms are far greater than they look actualy. They even have subsurface scattering
42056883895_b89c1ca8bf_o.png

Are you sure? I don't see anything that gives it away.
Look at the reflection of the truck, you see it has the flaws of ssr. Its relfecting from the wheel to the bottom.
42295719415_ed9d700bee_o.png

43200063191_0e4b2d3c58_o.png

Same here, look at the relfections from the warning signs in front of the car, its got those stretched relfections like in Drivelcub and Crew 2
43200048971_6a31ff513b_o.png

758051-driveclub-playstation-4-screenshot-ktm-x-bow-soaked-in-rain.jpg

Look at the reflection of the truck, you see it has the flaws of ssr. Its relfecting from the wheel to the bottom.
42295719415_ed9d700bee_o.png

43200063191_0e4b2d3c58_o.png

Same here, look at the relfections from the warning signs in front of the car, its got those stretched relfections like in Drivelcub and Crew 2
43200048971_6a31ff513b_o.png

758051-driveclub-playstation-4-screenshot-ktm-x-bow-soaked-in-rain.jpg

Well spotted. Bit of a shame to be honest because Forza’s reflections were much better than SSR, although if it means cars can finally reflect themselves then maybe it’s for the better.

Well spotted. Bit of a shame to be honest because Forza’s reflections were much better than SSR, although if it means cars can finally reflect themselves then maybe it’s for the better.
Yeah, that was my biggest problem with the current reflections. The rims didn't even reflect, that made my rain photo's look really bad. And the current reflection also didn't relfect alot of the scenery or objects
43058627482_a38e3f7fca_o.png

40565452171_b005cab82b_o.png

39670392685_e6ee99b4dd_o.png

Yeah, that was my biggest problem with the current reflections. The rims didn't even reflect, that made my rain photo's look really bad. And the current reflection also didn't relfect alot of the scenery or objects

The weird thing is that all of those things are possible, they're just not used. Of course that makes sense where performance is restricted such as on the Xboxes, but I have no idea why they don't let us just go ham with the reflections on PC.

The reflections of rims is one of those things - it's not that the game can't reflect properly, it's just that it's reflecting a lower LOD of the car which has invisible rims. The Motorsport games reflect the car properly as (I believe) it just uses the next LOD down as opposed to 2-3 LODs down like FH2 and FH3. The debug build of FH3 can have full reflections just by switching the rendered LOD as I've shown here:
34618316862_570bc9876a_o.png

Which makes a potential switch to SSR all the more curious. I assume that maybe it's just cheaper to project the last frame onto surfaces than double-rendering each car, but I think I'd still much rather have FH3's reflections or, as I said, to have the choice on the PC version.

The weird thing is that all of those things are possible, they're just not used. Of course that makes sense where performance is restricted such as on the Xboxes, but I have no idea why they don't let us just go ham with the reflections on PC.

The reflections of rims is one of those things - it's not that the game can't reflect properly, it's just that it's reflecting a lower LOD of the car which has invisible rims. The Motorsport games reflect the car properly as (I believe) it just uses the next LOD down as opposed to 2-3 LODs down like FH2 and FH3. The debug build of FH3 can have full reflections just by switching the rendered LOD as I've shown here:
34618316862_570bc9876a_o.png

Which makes a potential switch to SSR all the more curious. I assume that maybe it's just cheaper to project the last frame onto surfaces than double-rendering each car, but I think I'd still much rather have FH3's reflections or, as I said, to have the choice on the PC version.
Yeah i know wich is a shame. But anyway its gonna look good no matter wich technique they use.

Graphics downgrade in the demo?

E3
94nqO90.jpg

Demo
Jy5SCcJ.jpg

E3
TrvWnQh.jpg

Demo
78POfCv.jpg
I'm very hard pressed to find a difference. The first one shows it a bit more than the second, but are you running a maxed out PC? I really wouldn't put it against them, as this sort of thing seems to have become the norm, but it's really an insignificant difference going off those photos. What I do notice is what resembles a difference between the One X and the Base, looking at that anti-aliasing.

Last edited:
Anyone running into the issue in the demo where the road disappears? I'm on PC, and outside of the road disappearing, the game runs great, especially compared to Forza Horizon 3.

Anyone running into the issue in the demo where the road disappears? I'm on PC, and outside of the road disappearing, the game runs great, especially compared to Forza Horizon 3.
I haven't had that problem, but I'm on an original XBox One.

I haven't had that problem, but I'm on an original XBox One.
I'm thinking it's because I have the demo installed on an old spinny drive instead of my SSD. I don't have room on the SSD to see if that's the issue, but it's just a bit jarring to see the road disappear while you're playing.

Other than that, the game is gorgeous, runs like a dream on my PC at 1440p. I am already a GamePass subscriber, so I'm excited to play it day one.

I think the PC demo just has dynamic optimization forced on regardless of your own settings. It might also be why some people are getting disappearing roads because the game spazzes out trying to target higher refresh rates than their systems could handle.

Because right now, this is what the game looks like on Extreme settings:

The top half of the screen is just a smear.

I think the PC demo just has dynamic optimization forced on regardless of your own settings. It might also be why some people are getting disappearing roads because the game spazzes out trying to target higher refresh rates than their systems could handle.

Because right now, this is what the game looks like on Extreme settings:

The top half of the screen is just a smear.

Yeah I turned off dynamic optimization last night, and changed the demo to be installed on my SSD. I didn't notice the road disappearing anymore, but I did see some hills in the distance disappear and reappear. It's a strange issue that I hope gets fixed by launch.

I also played the game with my wheel for the first time, and damn it makes it so much more enjoyable. I need to bump up force feedback to really get that feel of speed, but I had a blast with it. Really looking forward to this game.

Back