Forza Horizon 4 Brings All Four Seasons to the United Kingdom

I hope the map is at least 30% bigger than Horizon 3's is.
I think they confirmed yesterday that the map size is roughly the same as FH3's Australia, but due to the seasons changing, the map will seem larger (just an illusion).

I think they confirmed yesterday that the map size is roughly the same as FH3's Australia, but due to the seasons changing, the map will seem larger (just an illusion).

There's a whole lot of trickery that can be applied to make you feel like a map is actually bigger than it is. Fallout 4's map is a very good example of that, the downtown Boston area feels absolutely massive because of how dense it is and how many streets and side streets and buildings are at your disposal for exploring, but it's only a very small part of the actual map when you look at the whole thing.

PG didn't do a really good job on that front with Surfers in FH3, it always felt a bit too open. I'm hopeful that Edinburgh will bring a better experience because it's an older city with generally lots of buildings and narrower streets.

There's a whole lot of trickery that can be applied to make you feel like a map is actually bigger than it is. Fallout 4's map is a very good example of that, the downtown Boston area feels absolutely massive because of how dense it is and how many streets and side streets and buildings are at your disposal for exploring, but it's only a very small part of the actual map when you look at the whole thing.

PG didn't do a really good job on that front with Surfers in FH3, it always felt a bit too open. I'm hopeful that Edinburgh will bring a better experience because it's an older city with generally lots of buildings and narrower streets.
Great point. Horizon 3's map was just too straight, in my eyes. Not enough windy roads. Hopefully Horizon 4's UK will allow for more technical roads.

There was a QA livestream with a Youtuber (TC9700Gaming).

You'll be able to change seasons with the race creator/blueprint, which is good news. I think seasons will be locked in weekly otherwise though.

VXR
Needless to say, it's nice to see the UK represented in an open world game.

Definitely preordering the Ultimate.
Certainly is. During the reveal, the shot of the cars on the coast with the castle in the background, I thought 'that looks like Bamburgh Castle' and it is! I've driven that road so many times and it's a beautiful area. Think this game game is going to look really special and have a fantastic atmosphere.

Regarding Off-road, I pretty much like the way it is implemented in Need for speed payback. You can get off road when you want, but there are different kind of cars: road cars and off-road cars.
road cars: are limited off road to something like 175kph (you'll loose time in a road race by going too much offroad)
off-road cars are generally slower on road than road cars, but suffer no penalty for off road.

Generally races are maked as road or off road race to inform you which car is better, but you can choose which car you want.

I find the solution simple and clever, you're free but road are still usefull.

What I think they should do is scale the seasons so one month can be one week. So, summer can be 3-4 weeks long and winter can be 2 1/2.

Inside Xbox on at the moment. Scottish Highlands, Edinburgh, Welsh Valleys, Yorkshire Moors, Lake District, Bamburgh Castle (which is on Northumberland Coast not too far from me), all mashed up.
1:28'

Back