Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,341 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GL finding source pics for it
I don’t use them because as I’ve said before I use the actual paint samples to create my colors and I already have it for that color. Plus, if you type in ‘Aston Martin Ceramic Grey Metallic’ on Google you’ll see a lot of pictures of it.

4B3F54B7-E2A5-472C-821E-3F8622E6DA09.jpeg

C00330EC-4B1A-4E90-8100-6EEBC6FE6252.jpeg

5728971C-E7FD-49B3-B3A5-CDF556752929.jpeg

16CC9910-0EBB-4B96-989B-F0EA321FBA4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Just one for you guys.

Lexus:
1F2 - Metallic Silver (Lexus LFA)

One question - what are you going to do now that Horizon 5 has been announced?

I don’t use them because as I’ve said before I use the actual paint samples to create my colors and I already have it for that color. Plus, if you type in ‘Aston Martin Ceramic Grey Metallic’ on Google you’ll see a lot of pictures of it.

View attachment 1018072
forgot u mentioned the paint samples. my bad. i did try looking in google too for the ceramic grey. some pictures i get are not ceramic grey at all but xenon grey.

Just one for you guys.

Lexus:
1F2 - Metallic Silver (Lexus LFA)

One question - what are you going to do now that Horizon 5 has been announced?
It’s honestly most likely going to be the same paint scheme for Forza Horizon 5 so I’m sure the color chart will apply to that as well as long as they stick to the HSB formula. Then the chart can be called Forza Horizon 4/Forza Horizon 5 color chart.

It’s honestly most likely going to be the same paint scheme for Forza Horizon 5 so I’m sure the color chart will apply to that as well as long as they stick to the HSB formula. Then the chart can be called Forza Horizon 4/Forza Horizon 5 color chart.
The Metal Flake colors from FH4 generally are not backward portable to FH3 or FM7. They improved the Metal Flake shader for FH4, it didn't really look much like flake before. It could still be improved upon or made more flexible, though. That could change the way the primary and secondary colors blend, or require additional tuning to achieve the same effect. Ideally, we should be able to reproduce any of the OEM paints and textures provided in-game with the user tools, but it is not there yet.

The Metal Flake colors from FH4 generally are not backward portable to FH3 or FM7. They improved the Metal Flake shader for FH4, it didn't really look much like flake before. It could still be improved upon or made more flexible, though. That could change the way the primary and secondary colors blend, or require additional tuning to achieve the same effect. Ideally, we should be able to reproduce any of the OEM paints and textures provided in-game with the user tools, but it is not there yet.
All the colors I’ve created for the chart I use the values on Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 as well since they still use the HSB format. I don’t recreate the colors for those games because the values would just be the same since I use the actual paint samples for the colors I do. The only difference between Forza Horizon 3 and 4 is I think that Forza Horizon 3 was less saturated in terms of color and Forza Horizon 4 looks more vivid.

I’ve added more colors to the chart including Ceramic Grey Metallic @drouid2 :) Enjoy :)

Aston Martin

Ceramic Grey Metallic

Audi

Agate Grey Metallic
Avocado Perleffekt
Beluga Brown Metallic
Canvas Beige Metallic
Canyon Red Pearl
Dakota Grey Metallic
Inari Silver Metallic
Liquid Blue Metallic
Lorbeer Green Metallic
Melange Beige Metallic
Pearl White Pearlescent
Pine Green Pearl
Sable Brown Pearl
Salsa Pearl

Subaru

Quartz Blue Pearl

I’ve added more colors to the chart including Ceramic Grey Metallic @drouid2 🙂 Enjoy 🙂

Aston Martin

Ceramic Grey Metallic

Audi

Agate Grey Metallic
Avocado Perleffekt
Beluga Brown Metallic
Canvas Beige Metallic
Canyon Red Pearl
Dakota Grey Metallic
Inari Silver Metallic
Liquid Blue Metallic
Lorbeer Green Metallic
Melange Beige Metallic
Pearl White Pearlescent
Pine Green Pearl
Sable Brown Pearl
Salsa Pearl

Subaru

Quartz Blue Pearl
thx for doing ceramic grey metallic. but it seems off to me... looks black perhaps a typo in the color?

1624738254312.png

1624738293311.png

this is the color u used for the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
thx for doing ceramic grey metallic. but it seems off to me... looks black perhaps a typo in the color?

View attachment 1062801

View attachment 1062802
this is the color u used for the spreadsheet.
First off, why are you editing it at the Festival Site instead of outside in direct sunlight? I thought we’ve already mentioned this a long time ago. Also, like I’ve said countless times, I use the actual paint samples for the colors I do. It looks fine on my version, and you see how it looks in direct sunlight also. If you don’t like it you’re more than welcome to do it yourself. I’m really getting tired of people making requests and then acting ungrateful for what we do. I take time out of my day to do this for you. By the way, I used the color on my Aston Martin as well and there’s nothing wrong with it. There is no typo in the color. You can do it yourself since I already went through the trouble of doing it the first time.

Also, here are more pictures of the actual color outside in sunlight:

F8E18DA4-2A17-41F5-9A23-5F862332863B.jpeg

CF4576E0-A022-47F4-A5F5-C26765259D54.jpeg

A62FABEC-D7C1-4391-922C-59A3E0CF2946.jpeg

Take a look at that last pic and notice that the color is dark. The festival does NOT show colors accurately. Period.

Last edited:
First off, why are you editing it at the Festival Site instead of outside in direct sunlight? I thought we’ve already mentioned this a long time ago. Also, like I’ve said countless times, I use the actual paint samples for the colors I do. It looks fine on my version, and you see how it looks in direct sunlight also. If you don’t like it you’re more than welcome to do it yourself. I’m really getting tired of people making requests and then acting ungrateful for what we do. I take time out of my day to do this for you. By the way, I used the color on my Aston Martin as well and there’s nothing wrong with it. There is no typo in the color. You can do it yourself since I already went through the trouble of doing it the first time.

Also, here are more pictures of the actual color outside in sunlight:

View attachment 1062823
View attachment 1062824
View attachment 1062825

Take a look at that last pic and notice that the color is dark. The festival does NOT show colors accurately. Period.
Ok fair enough just expecting it to be a bit more grey... I didn't know it was meant to appear black. my bad.

ps.i just happen to be in festival site when i took the shot for comparison.

again sorry for bothering you with it.

Last edited:
Ok fair enough just expecting it to be a bit more grey... I didn't know it was meant to appear black. my bad.

ps.i just happen to be in festival site when i took the shot for comparison.

again sorry for bothering you with it.
I just took a picture of it myself on my Aston Martin in game:

CDA0766D-04F2-4147-9FB5-827B66A19C40.png

Last edited:
I’ve added some Honda colors to the chart :) Enjoy :)

Honda

Aberdeen Green Metallic
Admiral Grey Metallic
Alice Green
Amazon Green Metallic
Aqua Topaz Metallic
Arles Green
Aztec Green Pearl
Berry Red Metallic
Bright Blue Pearl
British Green Pearl
Cairns Coral
Cherry Shell Pink Metallic
Chiffon Green Metallic
Cookies Cream
Cutlery Silver Metallic
Fairy Lavender
Festival Red
Fresh Lime Metallic
Furano Lavender
Grace Silver Metallic
Ice Blue Metallic
Ivory Pearl
Lilac Silver Metallic
Matcha Creme Metallic
Nimbus Grey Metallic
Panama Ivory
Paradise Blue Green Pearl
Pink Gold Metallic
Premium Blue Moon Pearl
Premium Crystal Rose Pearl
Premium Dark Emerald Pearl
Premium Deep Mocha Pearl
Premium Flame Orange Metallic
Premium Ivory Pearl
Premium Pink Pearl
Red Rock Pearl
Salvia Silver Metallic
Seashell Pink Metallic
Shining Gray Metallic
Smash Yellow
Spray Green Metallic
Sunlight Yellow
Tourmarine Blue Metallic
Velvet Maroon Metallic
Wasabi Creme
Zephyr Blue Metallic

Supra color help
i tried but cant seem to find it

Attachments

• 170763933.jpg
    170763933.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 174949291.jpg
    174949291.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
  • supraaa.JPG
    supraaa.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 20
Supra color help
I’m not even sure what color it is honestly. It could be a custom paint job or they might’ve sampled another car’s paint. It doesn’t really say :/ You’d have to do a reverse image search and see what it says about the car and maybe it’ll say what the paint job is.

Last edited:
Supra color help

I’m not even sure what color it is honestly. It could be a custom paint job or they might’ve sampled another car’s paint. It doesn’t really say :/ You’d have to do a reverse image search and see what it says about the car and maybe it’ll say what the paint job is.
About the reverse image search, don't use google. The few times I tried using google's reverse image search, it just gave me pictures that have a similar color palette. Use Tineye, it'll give you the exact picture you put into it. Then sort by oldest first to find the source.

Lotus:
Norfolk Mustard Yellow (B05)
Spice Yellow (B36)
Prism Green (B127, 2008 model year only, I'm told)

So it'll basically a shared Horizon 4/Horizon 5 chart by then. Okay, works for me!

Thank you guys so much :D

Lotus:
Norfolk Mustard Yellow (B05)
Spice Yellow (B36)
Prism Green (B127, 2008 model year only, I'm told)

So it'll basically a shared Horizon 4/Horizon 5 chart by then. Okay, works for me!

Thank you guys so much 😁
Norfolk Mustard Yellow was requested and done a long time ago by either @JaCor653 or @Mitcho2001 and should already be on the chart. If not, just type the name in on the search function here and you’ll see that it was already done before. About the other two I’ll see what I can do but if I’m not able to do them someone else will.

Norfolk Mustard Yellow was requested and done a long time ago by either @JaCor653 or @Mitcho2001 and should already be on the chart. If not, just type the name in on the search function here and you’ll see that it was already done before. About the other two I’ll see what I can do but if I’m not able to do them someone else will.

I must have made a typo. My bad! Thanks Madarax!

Do you guys like Beam.NG Drive? The new update changed how colors work and now you can make them much better. You can actually add a metallic shine to them. And clearcoat. And adjust how sharp or blurry the reflections are, for both paint effects, separatedly. You just can't have color shift.

Do you guys have interest in doing something similar to this for that game, or finding a way to convert the colors? Would be especially cool for Automation cars. Automation was already updated to feature the new color system when exporting.

Do you guys like Beam.NG Drive? The new update changed how colors work and now you can make them much better. You can actually add a metallic shine to them. And clearcoat. And adjust how sharp or blurry the reflections are, for both paint effects, separatedly. You just can't have color shift.

Do you guys have interest in doing something similar to this for that game, or finding a way to convert the colors? Would be especially cool for Automation cars. Automation was already updated to feature the new color system when exporting.
That sounds like way too much work and it would take even longer to redo all of the colors that we’ve already done on here.

That sounds like way too much work and it would take even longer to redo all of the colors that we’ve already done on here.
I figured it would be too much work, but my thought was that some could want to just start on it, you know? Just make some colors, maybe replicating colors from the real-life inspirations of the in-game cars, since every car seems to have the same color set, just with different names (sometimes, not always). At least on BeamNG you have control over the time of day, and there's even maps for taking screenshots of the cars for the thumbnails.

I figured it would be too much work, but my thought was that some could want to just start on it, you know? Just make some colors, maybe replicating colors from the real-life inspirations of the in-game cars, since every car seems to have the same color set, just with different names (sometimes, not always). At least on BeamNG you have control over the time of day, and there's even maps for taking screenshots of the cars for the thumbnails.
Long time Beam player here -- Great idea in theory, but the main issue is not only would it be difficult to get the main color values (as it requires a bit of looking around in the world editor IIRC), but it would also take a bit more time as the color selector is can be very odd to use in my experiences (though maybe I might just be stupid lol).

That's not to discount it's a great idea/can be done, but it would be a fair bit of work to replicate the list. Mad props to anyone who would like to attempt/contribute to this though 🙂

Got Another Color Request
Thundernight Metallic (C56) From The G42 Bmw M240i
BMW-M240i_xDrive_Coupe-2022-1024-01.jpg
BMW-M240i_xDrive_Coupe-2022-1024-03.jpg
BMW-M240i_xDrive_Coupe-2022-1024-06.jpg

Also quick side note is bmw going back to normal sized kidney grills

Attachments

• BMW-M240i_xDrive_Coupe-2022-1024-01.jpg
    BMW-M240i_xDrive_Coupe-2022-1024-01.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 10
Long time Beam player here -- Great idea in theory, but the main issue is not only would it be difficult to get the main color values (as it requires a bit of looking around in the world editor IIRC), but it would also take a bit more time as the color selector is can be very odd to use in my experiences (though maybe I might just be stupid lol).

That's not to discount it's a great idea/can be done, but it would be a fair bit of work to replicate the list. Mad props to anyone who would like to attempt/contribute to this though 🙂
I guess a big problem I thought of now is that it doesn't show you the color (hue/saturation) values in numbers. It does for the effects, although, like in Forza, it does have steps between the numbers (and I'm not sure if it's fixed or resolution dependant). I wonder if it would be possible to mod the game to have that. That could be a custom UI, that customizes car color, and gives numerical values.

It's on my list now of UI mods I wanted:

-Color customizer, with numerical values.
-Gear indicator, that works like the one in the game's full speedo, working perfectly for both manual and auto cars. For driving in first person without the UI speedo/rev counter.

Back