Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 'Fortune Island' Releases December 13

He is paid by ea and ubisoft, he is the only one promoting these games without talking about there flaws. But when it comes to Forza he just talk trash without any reason. He is saying FH is the same sinds 2 and that it didn't do anyhing new and the maps where copy past. But when he plays the Crew 2 wich has the same map as the first game with even downgrades in some areas, he doesn't say a word about that. He even trash talk about Forza's car list while praising GTS and The crews car list. At moments like that you just know you can't take him serious any more.
Actually, on Theo's recent Forza Horizon 4 videos, a good amount of people are actually calling him out on his unreasonable bashing of Forza Horizon 4.

What's more, he thinks that's somehow an insult.

There's nothing wrong with being a casual game, and Horizon does it really well IMO. It's great as a pick up and play, and there's enough depth there as well for people who want to take it super serial.
And yeah, like every other game that becomes popular it largely carries over the things that were successful to the next iteration. A developer would have to be morons not to. As such, yeah, games can feel a bit like more of the same at times, but for players that enjoyed those early games that's generally considered a positive. No fan of the Horizon series wants to throw away the good parts of FH2 and 3.

The bananas part about the "casual game" thing though, is that it once again needs to be reiterated that this guy is a fan of The Crew 2 - which is guess is for real racing fans?

He is paid by ea and ubisoft, he is the only one promoting these games without talking about there flaws.

When you factor in he gets "All expenses paid" trips to complete special activities, early game testing and enjoy other perks by those companies, you can see why he tries to boost the sentiment people have towards those games and upload content around NFS and The Crew, as opposed to Forza.

With that said, his Fortune Island impressions video was a step too far and you could see some personal attacks being flown around. I'm glad some of his audience are speaking up on it, he is going to be limiting his appeal and growth with that mentality.

It's all about the YouTube Add revenue. Negative press gets more views then positive press. Not to mention all the people arguing about it in the comments are just adding to the View count for more potential Add revenue.

All this drama reminds me why FailRace is the extent of my Forza Youtube watching (and I barely even watch his videos these days). :lol:
I like his investigation series as not many people tend to do that for Horizon. His regular content feels too long for me to watch however.

On a related note I should have some Forza Horizon 4 videos of my own go live in January; I've got a few livery editing clips in the pipeline.

All this drama reminds me why FailRace is the extent of my Forza Youtube watching (and I barely even watch his videos these days). :lol:
Failrace is the only Forza YouTuber I still watch, Even then I mostly just trow up his videos on my second monitor while browsing Reddit or something.

EKDrifter458 is the go-to Forza YouTuber for me, as he actually interacts with his fans when playing the games, and provides both constructive criticism and praise when necessary.

All the new cars they came with the expansion can’t be bought. I was disappointed when I found out.

You can buy the M5, the Exocet, Morris and Funco. The Ram is given to you when you get there.

Checked BP's new FH4 video today, out of curiosity to see if he mentioned the criticism he was getting for his first Fortune Island video, and one of the first thing he says is that the island was actually better than he expected - after he, know, actually PLAYED it instead of just mindlessly nitpicking and snarking about every aspect of the game

Of course, he then went on to complain that "the game" doesn't handle well enough, because he couldn't 3-star the cliffside dirt track speed zone in a road-tuned Aventador J, so we still have a ways to go.

In case anyone else is also trying to figure out why they're stuck on 17/18 Landmarks: there are two landmarks on the map that are switched around, as in hitting the location of one marks the other as being found:

SPOILER]

That's a pretty big statement - Theo's controversy only goes as far as being a lapdog for a couple of game developers while PewDiePie seems to be keen on offending every group possible. :lol:
I'm more concerned that the media seems bent on smearing him and any one who dares associate with him at every petty opportunity.

Checked BP's new FH4 video today, out of curiosity to see if he mentioned the criticism he was getting for his first Fortune Island video, and one of the first thing he says is that the island was actually better than he expected - after he, know, actually PLAYED it instead of just mindlessly nitpicking and snarking about every aspect of the game

Of course, he then went on to complain that "the game" doesn't handle well enough, because he couldn't 3-star the cliffside dirt track speed zone in a road-tuned Aventador J, so we still have a ways to go.
It's the game's fault?

He must be really trash at the game because I 3-starred the Cliffside Speed Zone with my stock Funco F9. :lol:

It's hard to find someone as bad as me at drifting, and I still managed to three-star every drift zone on Fortune Island in about 45 minutes. I then three-starred every chapter of Drift Club 2.0 with only a little bit of effort.

Another vote for FailRace here... I just find Alex's voice relaxing and he doesn't seem to have anything egregious about his personality.

Another vote for FailRace here... I just find Alex's voice relaxing and he doesn't seem to have anything egregious about his personality.

I agree with his hypothesis. Fortune Island is fun but it won't last long in the memory.

I agree with his hypothesis. Fortune Island is fun but it won't last long in the memory.
I don't feel the same way. For me, Fortune Island is very much like Storm Island and Blizzard Mountain, both of which I still enjoy visiting. The unique roads, weather, and backdrops make not just for a nice vacation from the main map, but also for great photographic opportunities.

I don't feel the same way. For me, Fortune Island is very much like Storm Island and Blizzard Mountain, both of which I still enjoy visiting. The unique roads, weather, and backdrops make not just for a nice vacation from the main map, but also for great photographic opportunities.
It's certainly great for those, the visual design of the map is excellent, as are the new weather effects.

I tend to focus on structured and competitive play however and the lack of Team/Online Adventure kills it off for me.

I've enjoyed going around the map and the Treasure Hunts and Trailblazers are things I hope every Forza Horizon game does moving forward, but ultimately my home's on the Mainland.

Back