Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 'Fortune Island' Releases December 13

fXCUz27.jpg

I like how everyone including the developer team is mentioning the mountain pass in the video because it just seems like every driving game including Forza has a fear of hairpins and tight roads due to being overtly technical to casual players. I love these kinds of roads and I can only get them in some hill climb track mod on AC and play some Initial D Arcade Stage. These hairpins don't look too tight but they're done right.

Holy crap! I’m officially excited! This looks like Storm Island v2.0 and I mean that in an absolute positive way. Some of those vistas from the IGN video are absolutely gorgeous!

The toughest terrain ever in FH? The biggest expansion ever in FH? Count me in!

Sidenote, what place is this roughly supposed to represent? The cliffs might look northern UK-ish to me but isn't the Aurora Borealis only visible in the north? (Scandinavia) Maybe it's just a completely fictional island, kinda like Storm Island was for France/Italy (I think).

Last edited:
Everybody would probably have to download the entire map again if that happened. Not everyone has superfast internet.
Why would you have to basically redownload the whole map? If they were to do minor changes to the world, they would just have a patch to add them and maybe update parts of the map where the changes were made.

Sounds exciting, but I would recommend nobody get that formula d pack, they are the worst cars to drift in the game, any car you put drift suspension on will drive much better. If I paid for that pack I would feel cheated.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to see the Aurora from northern Ireland, so should be visible from Scotland too I'd imagine.

Sounds exciting, but I would recommend nobody get that formula d pack, they are the worst cars to drift in the game, any car you put drift suspension on will drive much better. If I paid for that pack I would feel cheated.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to see the Aurora from northern Ireland, so should be visible from Scotland too I'd imagine.
If the FD cars are so bad then why are all the drift zone leaderboards filled with them? Sounds to me like you can't handle them.

It’s a probability thing. The further north you go, the greater the probability, since the size of the solar storm determines how far south it’s visible. The solar storms also follows a cycle, so those years when the cycle is at its peak the chance to see it increases.

This fall I’ve only seen it once, and I live at the same latitude as Iceland. On the countryside where the light pollution is low. And my bedroom window faces north :P

Looks good! I would love to see it added to the current map and not just load up to that map. Good for drifting? Hope they are not talking about half or more of offroad drifting. I hope to see a group of drifters hang out there. While the current map is excellent for drifters but finding random folks to drift with is very rare. Forza removing the option like in FH1 for people that setup rooms for drifting this could bring random drifters together. Currently they force you to be with everyone but in the end everyone is still doing their own thing. Yes, their online freeroam is worse than the others. But that is another topic.

I love the FD pack besides how it sits. Hated at first. Did messed with tire pressure and got use to the characteristics. It's a beast. Too bad I can't make normal cars handle like that. But it does show the difference in a full blown drifter to a normal car converted to drifting. If that makes any sense. Low speed and tandems I'd say the normal cars are easier to tame IMO. That sky jacked ride height can't be fixed. They allow paint, some mod parts, wheels, sizes, adjustments, but no, you can't lower the lifted car. Also why couldn't they just throw those rims from the pack for other cars to use? It is aftermarket.

Why would you have to basically redownload the whole map? If they were to do minor changes to the world, they would just have a patch to add them and maybe update parts of the map where the changes were made.
It's not a patch. The entire map would have to be redownloaded. The map isn't created as separate elements, it's one piece.

I am excited about this. This looks like a lot of fun and should come with new cars as well.

Considering they obviously have these expansions planned when the main game is being developed, I don't see why it would be such a challenge to incorporate them into the main map.

Having said that, hopefully they still utilize the bridges even if they don't actually connect to the pack. Driving into a warp hole that leads to Fortune Island seems like a better alternative than placing a fast travel icon in a random location like they've been doing.

I don't think this expansion will be part of the main map. All the previous expansions for the earlier FH games have been separate, so why would this be any different?

Also, the map is probably the size it is because that is the maximum size the game engine can load in. Meaning the expansion can't be part of the main map.

I don't think this expansion will be part of the main map. All the previous expansions for the earlier FH games have been separate, so why would this be any different?
Technically, the 1000 Club from the first game wasn't an expansion. More like an add on.

Sidenote, what place is this roughly supposed to represent? The cliffs might look northern UK-ish to me but isn't the Aurora Borealis only visible in the north? (Scandinavia) Maybe it's just a completely fictional island, kinda like Storm Island was for France/Italy (I think).

Given the presence of Viking ships, I'm guessing either the Shetland or Orkney Islands. Although if they are going outside the UK, then it could also be the Faroe Islands.

1920px-Eilean_Donan_at_Dusk.jpg

bandicam 2018-11-11 07-38-15-789.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eilean_Donan

They seem to have created an island of fiction with reference to North UK.
The castle and the bridge that appeared in the trailer are very similar to the Scottish Eilean Donan.

Postscript: Turn 10 staff JONK1969 commented Fortune Island.
This island is a fictional island inspired by the Isle of Skye, Faroe Islands, Shetland Islands and others.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back