Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 'Fortune Island' Releases December 13

Island looks great, and the new weather effects are great - I just wish the weather would be something other than overcast, pouring rain, or aurora borealis, haha. Maybe once summer hits.

Getting a little frustrated here, the treasures are not appearing for me even if I completed the riddle, can someone tell me what is supposed to happen? What I understand is that the treasure location will appear on the map like a barn find, then you find it? Is this supposed to happen instantly upon completing the riddle or will it pop up later?

I completed the first riddle using the Ram TRX and the second 'needle' riddle with the Ferrari 458 (the standard one not the special one). I complete the speed zone and drift zone respectively and.... nothing happens at all. Nothing on the map, no pop ups telling me it's complete, nada.

Getting a little frustrated here, the treasures are not appearing for me even if I completed the riddle, can someone tell me what is supposed to happen? What I understand is that the treasure location will appear on the map like a barn find, then you find it? Is this supposed to happen instantly upon completing the riddle or will it pop up later?

I completed the first riddle using the Ram TRX and the second 'needle' riddle with the Ferrari 458 (the standard one not the special one). I complete the speed zone and drift zone respectively and.... nothing happens at all. Nothing on the map, no pop ups telling me it's complete, nada.

Once you've completed the challenge some text should appear on screen telling you that you've solved the riddle, then you get a little cut-scene thing where Kiera blabs on about something and a purple treasure icon appears on your map. You should also see a photo of where the treasure is.

Once you've completed the challenge some text should appear on screen telling you that you've solved the riddle, then you get a little cut-scene thing where Kiera blabs on about something and a purple treasure icon appears on your map. You should also see a photo of where the treasure is.
Thank you. None of that happens, so I am going to try some things later that might solve it. Maybe even reinstall the expansion if I need to. My HUD is completely turned off (so no pop ups of text or anything like that), except the map, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thank you. None of that happens, so I am going to try some things later that might solve it. Maybe even reinstall the expansion if I need to. My HUD is completely turned off (so no pop ups of text or anything like that), except the map, so maybe that has something to do with it.

You have to press A when the riddle is solved to show it on the map.

You have to press A when the riddle is solved to show it on the map.
Good to know, thank you. So, with the HUD turned off this message to hit A isn't appearing for me. Should be good now thanks all for the help.

Trailblazer works how? What are we supposed to do?
Get to the destination as fast as you can, using any path you like.

Extra note: You can only start a Trailblazer by going through the starting gate in a specific direction.

Mind you, I don't respect any of them. They're a bunch of juveniles that are easily distracted by shiny objects. I prefer HammerStudiosGaming, JSR Devon, and Super GT as my main speakers, along with IsuckAtDriving and ReallyTrash for comedic relief, and Fast Lane Gaming for news updates.

I' not really a "YouTuber" (only started uploading videos recently) but here are my first impressions:

• Map is great to look at and drive through. Some interesting routes and scenery with a lot of potential for Route Creator (cross Country in particular).

• No Team Adventure support (neither Private nor public/Ranked), so my time on the map will be limited. Once I've gotten all of the Achievements I'll be back on the Mainland until Expansion 2 is released.

• The "career" for this expansion seems rather short. In about 90 minutes of play last night I got to Stage 6. Granted, I 3-starred most of the PR stunts on my first try but I don't think the longevity will be there.

• Treasure Hunts are a neat idea; I can see them becoming a thing in future titles.

• The map screen itself is pretty, reminds me of the real-life map I made earlier this year.

• Car-wise I've only driven the Funco F9; once you get the right Tune on it it may end up becoming the best Cross Country car in S2. I've been doing all the PR stunts in it so far.

First impressions after playing a few hours and reaching treasure 9:

It’s exactly what I expected from it: a mountainous terrain with a map size a bit bigger than Blizzard Mountain. The treasure hunting and the trailblazer events are okay for some concept changes and the switchback & cliffside roads will for sure become legendary Horizon roads, if they aren’t already. The 10 new cars are overall nice as well. I enjoyed the starter Ram truck and the Urus felt good as well. (is there a list of how you unlock each car since I seem to be missing quite a few still)

I’m also pleased to see most of the features from the main game are taken over like Forzathon Live, seasons, seasonal championships, new island rival events (I absolutely love the rival changes in FH4 over FH3), a new story, some new bonus boards and route creator are all here. What we seem to be missing is player housing (the concept was badly implemented in the main game anyway), a barn find (maybe that old Morris is a barn find - I don’t have the car yet - but it’s darn far away in the “campaign” then) and a new drag strip (would have been nice to have one implemented although it’s not really a big deal). I read here PvP is not fully functional either with no team events and it seems a playground area is missing as well.

It’s biggest purpose IMO is that we now have a fresh piece of land to enjoy our cars on (I was becoming a bit bored with the main game map) and in that aspect it succeeds. Some parts of the map look great, other parts look really barren and empty. But I guess that’s fine for being the island it is. This actually feels like Storm Island v2.0: bigger and better.

I didn’t unlock the 2 final Goliath-alike races yet but I assume there will be one for tarmac and one for drift going around the island.

Nevertheless, I can’t say I’m as excited about it as Blizzard Mountain. 2 years ago I was absolutely blown away by that expansion: Driving in the snow for the first time, a huge mountain slope for the first time and some really iconic areas like the ski lift, the fun park, the cute town at the bottom of the mountain, the huge frozen lake, blizzard storms and some sections and parts of the mountain itself. And IMO that Playground dude that creates the race routes was at his best for Blizzard Mountain, many really fun and some personal iconic races there.

Maybe the bar is raised too high for me from all the previous racing moments I had with FH3+BM+HW and FH4 so it’s just impossible for me to be overwhelmed by Fortune Island. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a disappointing expansion in any way, it does what I expected it to do, but in a way I’m a bit sad I’m not as excited about it after the first few hours as I was in Blizzard Mountain. It can also be the season, spring is also my least favourite season in the main game so who knows after I play a bit more and have seen the island in all 4 seasons I might change my mind. For the moment I’m mostly curious for winter though.

• The Funco is a hoot. Wheelies for days.
  • The map feels really small in terms of road coverage and events. I remember Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels being much more densely packed.
  • The actual road design, especially the cliffside loop in the north, is great.
  • They really milked that one switchback road and it's not just with drift stuff.
  • Does the aurora borealis show up every night? So far I've had 4 or 5 day/night transitions in free roam and it's shown up every single time. If that's the case, the novelty is going to fade very quickly.
  • The overall colour palette on the island in the day time is just drab.
  • I prefer barn finds to treasure chests. The barn find cutscene with a little backstory for each car feels like much more of an event than driving into a box.

Last edited:
What else is new? BP's biased as hell.

Mind you, I don't respect any of them. They're a bunch of juveniles that are easily distracted by shiny objects. I prefer HammerStudiosGaming, JSR Devon, and Super GT as my main speakers, along with IsuckAtDriving and ReallyTrash for comedic relief, and Fast Lane Gaming for news updates.

But, back on topic. This expansion looks awesome. Really wish it was connected to the main map, but otherwise, no complaints here.
EKDrifter458 is the most genuine of the four Forza YouTubers that I have mentioned, in my opinion.

Welp. Most underwhelming FH expansion yet. Best imo still is the FH1 rally expansion.

PR stunts are too easy. Drift Club 2.0 is ridiculously easy to 3*.

Really regret Ultimate Edition for this game.

• Does the aurora borealis show up every night? So far I've had 4 or 5 day/night transitions in free roam and it's shown up every single time. If that's the case, the novelty is going to fade very quickly.

It seems to show up as night starts and then fades away as the night goes on, leaving the usual skies visible. I quite like it as it means I don't have to get lucky with the skies to get good photographs

Welp. Most underwhelming FH expansion yet. Best imo still is the FH1 rally expansion.

PR stunts are too easy. Drift Club 2.0 is ridiculously easy to 3*.

Really regret Ultimate Edition for this game.
To be honest, even the originals are extremely easy to beat. So that it's not any harder than before doesn't really change much for me at least.

Thanks for the help, if anyone is keeping track of whether or not we like this game, count me in, I like it. I do wish the HZ 4 game, Fortune Island or not, would have system cars racing you to locations you are going to like HZ 2 had, that always made the drive challenging, now I pretty much fast transport and kinda takes some of the fun away.

But overall, show me where you can get this many hours of entertainment for $20 and I will be there!

Summaries of Forza YouTubers' opinions on Fortune Island:

TC9700Gaming: Awesome
EKDrifter458: Awesome
BlackPanthaa: Nitpicking every single imperfect detail
AR12Gaming: Awesome
To make things worse, BP pinned a comment that said "Forza's a causal game. It's just a copy and paste and has the same DLC style since Horizon 2. Each year the franchise gets worse and worse. (Dude where's your proof and did you even compare previous expansions?) Anyway I like the Fortune Island expansion. The treasure hunt is a good and the riddles that are made for it and the weather is amazing. But it does feel like it's a little small map.

Last edited:
Overall I like it. I like Forzathon Live so having a new map for it is cool. The map does feel kinda small. All roads discovered was quick. Have not done any other events at all. Just cruising and drifting which is how I play typically play the game now. Being as-is without trying to 100% is good enough for me. If you like drifting it would be strange for you to not get this map. $20 even for a quick fix is worth it IMO.

Also I was hoping the Festival had a different showroom look.

Btw, that BP guy is trippin. Lots of bark but no bite. Probably suffering from Youtube burnout.

To make things worse, BP pinned a comment that said "Forza's a causal game. It's just a copy and paste and has the same DLC style since Horizon 2. Each year the franchise gets worse and worse. (Dude where's your proof and did you even compare previous expansions?) Anyway I like the Fortune Island expansion. The treasure hunt is a good and the riddles that are made for it and the weather is amazing. But it does feel like it's a little small map.
He is paid by ea and ubisoft, he is the only one promoting these games without talking about there flaws. But when it comes to Forza he just talk trash without any reason. He is saying FH is the same sinds 2 and that it didn't do anyhing new and the maps where copy past. But when he plays the Crew 2 wich has the same map as the first game with even downgrades in some areas, he doesn't say a word about that. He even trash talk about Forza's car list while praising GTS and The crews car list. At moments like that you just know you can't take him serious any more.

He is paid by ea and ubisoft, he is the only one promoting these games without talking about there flaws. But when it comes to Forza he just talk trash without any reason. He is saying FH is the same sinds 2 and that it didn't do anyhing new and the maps where copy past. But when he plays the Crew 2 wich has the same map as the first game with even downgrades in some areas, he doesn't say a word about that. He even trash talk about Forza's car list while praising GTS and The crews car list. At moments like that you just know you can't take him serious any more.
At this rate I may stop watching him or better yet unsubscribe him.

I don't follow or watch anyone on YouTube. I don't need someone else's validation to enjoy this game. I am enjoying this game. That's all the validation I need.
I don't either, mostly because the vast majority of them annoy me. I prefer the videos with no talking actually lol. Something I never understood are reaction videos, what the hell are even the point of those? Who the hell cares?

Completed all the races, Drift Club 2.0, the rest of the treasure hunts and 3-starred the remaining PR events tonight. I got stuck a little discovering the final 18th area of the map so that took about 40mins of driving absolutely everywhere until I stumbled upon it.
I can see where people are coming from with comments about the island size, I’ve been using the Toyota Baja truck a huge amount on this map and it goes from end to end extremely fast, but then again it does the same on the mainland. Considering the size I’m still missing quite a few influence boards.

I see red circle, treasure chest box, do i look around for the treasure because it is NOT where the treasure chest is.

Yep, just like the purple barn find circles in the main map.

To make things worse, BP pinned a comment that said "Forza's a causal game. It's just a copy and paste and has the same DLC style since Horizon 2."

What's more, he thinks that's somehow an insult.

There's nothing wrong with being a casual game, and Horizon does it really well IMO. It's great as a pick up and play, and there's enough depth there as well for people who want to take it super serial.
And yeah, like every other game that becomes popular it largely carries over the things that were successful to the next iteration. A developer would have to be morons not to. As such, yeah, games can feel a bit like more of the same at times, but for players that enjoyed those early games that's generally considered a positive. No fan of the Horizon series wants to throw away the good parts of FH2 and 3.

So I just completed the expansion and got every achievement. I can sum up Fortune Island as average. If you like the base game and want even more of it, then this expansion’s for you. There isn't much here that's different. I personally don't have any issue with that. To me, it's an additional area to race in if you want a break from the main map and I can't complain about the easy 10 million credits from doing the treasure hunts. It seems like the trend with Horizon expansions is that the first one tends to play it safe and the second one is something that people really weren't expecting, so I'm curious to see what the next one is.

Back