Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Wait! Guys, hear me out! Rallies are about relatively small (i.e. little) cars being driven over long distances.
Yeah, that's right. Horizon Rally has been confirmed! 💡

I know it's unlikely, but a man can dream right?

FH4 is largely a rally game by default. Not authentic rallying per se, but I'd say the aspect is already covered.

"A little goes a long way."
Matchbox cars. It's a British brand and it's owned by Mattel who also own Hot Wheels. PG already has a good working relationship with Mattel, so why not a Matchbox expansion for their game set in England?

Proper rally stages would be fun, I never had the chance to experience the first Horizon rally expansion. It'd be good to drive through the woods around the Festival at speed, climbing hills and drifting around in historic machines.

There might or might not be a subliminal message here.

"A little goes a long way."
Perhaps this sounds like a tip for the next extension or update, what do you guess?
RetroKrystal has previously mentioned the word "little" as a hint, but I can not come up with anything from this word.

Kei cars? Bubble cars? Hot Wheels expansion 2.0?

There's a little island in between Ireland and Britain.
And it would go a VERY long way.

There's a little island in between Ireland and Britain.
And it would go a VERY long way.

The thing about that is, as much as I would like the Isle of Man... we already have an island expansion. I don't think this one is going to be an island but you never know.

Matchbox cars. It's a British brand and it's owned by Mattel who also own Hot Wheels. PG already has a good working relationship with Mattel, so why not a Matchbox expansion for their game set in England?

Sadly this year there are no shops that sell Matchbox in the UK. Also unlike most other foreign own companies, Mattel fully Americanised Matchbox so it would be a huge slap in the face if they did.

The thing about that is, as much as I would like the Isle of Man... we already have an island expansion. I don't think this one is going to be an island but you never know.

Unless they're releasing Blizzard Mountain 2.0, any territory added by EP2 is very likely to be surrounded by water.

"A Little Goes A Long Way"

A quick google search of that phrase brings up a David Archuletta song. C'mon GTPlanet, bring me your humor.

Forza Youtube has a live stream about to start. No idea whats in it but it says "Custom Hondura" and a picture of an 80's civic mixed with the Renault 5

This Hondura thing sounds like a blast to drive. I wonder if the cars this show covers will end up in the game at some point.

I'm thinking in the lines of "a little wait goes a long way." That makes me think that something highly requested is coming. One (or some) of the following, perhaps?
  • Walls get more friction
  • Vote-to-kick dirty players
  • Sound update
  • FFB update
  • Spotify support
  • Ability to offset wheels
  • Car pack with some newly-announced supercars (AM Valkyrie, Merc-AMG Project 1, McLaren Speedtail, F8 Tributo, Bugatti Divo, and Koenigsegg Jesko come to mind)
  • Toyota (I refuse to believe that there's an exclusive license!)

I'm thinking in the lines of "a little wait goes a long way." That makes me think that something highly requested is coming. One (or some) of the following, perhaps?
  • Walls get more friction
  • Vote-to-kick dirty players
  • Sound update
  • FFB update
  • Spotify support
  • Ability to offset wheels
  • Car pack with some newly-announced supercars (AM Valkyrie, Merc-AMG Project 1, McLaren Speedtail, F8 Tributo, Bugatti Divo, and Koenigsegg Jesko come to mind)
  • Toyota (I refuse to believe that there's an exclusive license!)

Yeah, I'm more of the opinion that it's more or less hinting at heavily requested fixes or features. I'd imagine that if it was expansion #2 business, the hints would be a lot more concrete, if not just straight up dropping it without much warning on stream.

This Hondura thing sounds like a blast to drive. I wonder if the cars this show covers will end up in the game at some point.
Do you remember Heavy Metal Affliction?
Perhaps this show is like streaming this series. Perhaps almost all cars are unrelated to the game...

bandicam 2019-05-02 07-39-55-810.jpg

They weren't kidding that something "Mini" is coming. I don't know what other cars from Mini they could bring. I can think of the Countryman, Mini Coupe, Clubman, or maybe even the Mini Marcos.

View attachment 818130

They weren't kidding that something "Mini" is coming. I don't know what other cars from Mini they could bring. I can think of the Countryman, Mini Coupe, Clubman, or maybe even the Mini Marcos.

I think this Mini is already in the game, isn't it? And, in the background, that's just the main departure runway of Broadway's International Airport. So, nothing new for now. Let's see what the stream brings us.

I think this Mini is already in the game, isn't it? And, in the background, that's just the main departure runway of Broadway's International Airport. So, nothing new for now. Let's see what the stream brings us.
Broadway had an airport? I never knew. Must be so tiny that I must've missed it this whole time.

Proper rally stages would be fun, I never had the chance to experience the first Horizon rally expansion. It'd be good to drive through the woods around the Festival at speed, climbing hills and drifting around in historic machines.

There might or might not be a subliminal message here.

With the actress who voiced Isha navigating. "Oh, my, mymymy. What now? Right five into...three, no two, wait three. Yes three. Oh no. Jump! Big Jump! Wheeeee.... Oh, hairpin right, but I suppose we're off that. Gogogo!"

201.jpg

On the bright side, the Mini/"Little things" teasers may be aimed at some Series 9 updates (maybe a Horizon story related to Minis?) rather than the incoming expansion. As Theo suggested in a reply to the tweet, Expansion 2 may be announced at E3 rather than at a stream.

My dissapointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I bet they will show us more Multiplayer stuff and Horizon stories absolutely no one is asking for.

Back