Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Does anybody here plays FH/FM in the Xbox One X with a 1080p display? I've read all about supersampling and performance gains, but I would like to hear your opinions since I'm on the fence about upgrading to the One X. Thanks!

Does anybody here plays FH/FM in the Xbox One X with a 1080p display? I've read all about supersampling and performance gains, but I would like to hear your opinions since I'm on the fence about upgrading to the One X. Thanks!

I do. I did a comparison between the One and One X for FM7 back when I got the X, but I don't have the video file anymore unfortunately. There was a noticeable difference though.

For FH4 I honestly couldn't say, as I've set it to 1080p/60fps from day one, and outside of a quick swap to 4K to test photo mode, I haven't left it.

Note to route creators, this weeks seasonal championship have a reasonable distance between each checkpoint, please do more of that instead of stacking hundreds of them one after another!

One of the dirt routes in this week's championship is one of the worst races I've ever taken part in with AI. It's the one that goes along the tiny dirt roads that aren't actual roads.

One of the dirt routes in this week's championship is one of the worst races I've ever taken part in with AI. It's the one that goes along the tiny dirt roads that aren't actual roads.
I agree.
I liked the idea of this course and was very impressed.
However, I think that this course was not suitable for vehicles of the Extreme Offroad category with a huge body.
Narrow routes, lots of trees, and steep turns. And a reverse bank corner that invites a rollover. This course was fun and at the same time unfriendly to the players.

I agree.
However, I think that this course was not suitable for vehicles of the Extreme Offroad category with a huge body.
Narrow routes, lots of trees, and steep turns. And a reverse bank corner that invites a rollover. This course was fun and at the same time unfriendly to the players.

That course was terrible....at least it was in my Trailcat. Good idea, in hindsight, just bad execution. I had to fight my way through a train of AI that had slammed into a tree one after the other.

Not to mention the several rollovers for both myself and the AI.

Winter Serie 8 is here
upload_2019-4-25_16-32-10.png

Serie 8 Monthly:
[SUPER SALOONS] 2016 Alfa Romeo GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO FORZA EDITION
[RETRO MUSCLE] 2010 Ford CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTOR

Serie 8 Weekly:
[CLASSIC MUSCLE] 1967 Chevrolet CHEVELLE SUPER SPORT 396
[HYPERCARS] 2016 W Motors LYKAN HYPERSPORT

Seasonnal event prize:
[OFFROAD] 2014 Terradyne GURKHA LAPV

Weekly challenge car required:
[HOT HATCH] 2015 Audi S1

Forzashop:
[TRACK TOYS] 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
[SPORTS UTILITY HEROES] 2014 Jeep GRAND CHEROKEE SRT

I just did the Trial. My weapon of choice was the Exocet Offroad with 4wd conversion built to A800 and I can't recommend it enough. Got the Gurkha first try.

I agree.

That course was terrible....at least it was in my Trailcat. Good idea, in hindsight, just bad execution. I had to fight my way through a train of AI that had slammed into a tree one after the other.

Not to mention the several rollovers for both myself and the AI.

I'm glad it wasn't just me who experienced this then! I too used a Trailcat and rolled it 3 times throughout the race. It's probably the most times I've ever used the rewind feature in any event. I was also not too keen on the event that made it look like there was a crossover halfway through; I initially went completely the wrong way due to the lack of barriers, the misleading map and the checkpoint not being very obvious.

I love that Chevelle! The sad thing is though, that it's so much fun when completely stock, that I need a second one for the pro tourer, I planned to build. :D

That Jeep is the first car in the Forzathon Shop I want but won't be able to afford. For some weird reason I haven't received double FP since late 2018, and I won't be able to collect 700 FP before the week ends (no Gold account - no Forzathon live). Gotta miss those days when exclusive cars were only 200 FP. :(

I really just prefer it to the 70 looks wise and love myself some American Muscle

Ok, fair enough.

That Jeep is the first car in the Forzathon Shop I want but won't be able to afford. For some weird reason I haven't received double FP since late 2018, and I won't be able to collect 700 FP before the week ends (no Gold account - no Forzathon live). Gotta miss those days when exclusive cars were only 200 FP. :(
I've got more than enough points to get two of them. I could offer them in the auction house at the same time, let you know when, and you would have double the chance of getting one.

I've got more than enough points to get two of them. I could offer them in the auction house at the same time, let you know when, and you would have double the chance of getting one.

Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. I'm sure there will be another opportunity to grab it later on, and there's always the chance of getting it in a wheelspin. The Trackhawk does the job until then.

Besides, the chance of grabbing a car in the AH on a specific time requires luck. Pretty much every rare exclusive I have put up for auction has sold in less than five seconds.

Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. I'm sure there will be another opportunity to grab it later on, and there's always the chance of getting it in a wheelspin. The Trackhawk does the job until then.

Besides, the chance of grabbing a car in the AH on a specific time requires luck. Pretty much every rare exclusive I have put up for auction has sold in less than five seconds.
Fair enough, but the offer still stands. I own all the cars in the game, excluding a few PO and HS models. I have no need for Forzathon points any more (unless they offer some cars or clothes that are new to the game), so I don't mind spending them to help a fellow GTPer out.

For the heck of it, I might buy a second HW Mustang considering the one I currently have is more drift focused and I want to have a track built version, too.

Questions about the limit of the Auction House. I just received an error message in the Auction House about reaching the maximum number of the auction for this time period. Is the limit base on how many cars you can put up for auction or how much money you can sell?

And how long do you have to wait until the limit is taken off so you can put more cars in the Auction House?

Is there a reason why there is a limit for each player?

Latest Posts

Back