Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
In that case, players who didn't update while the bug was in effect would then receive a myriad of surplus points. Hopefully they can filter affected accounts from unaffected accounts.

They do specify the wheelspins will be going to "affected players", which would seem to indicate that they are able to see who is and isn't. I hope so.

Honestly, if I was offered 10 super wheelspins in exchange for losing all of my car perks for a few weeks... I'd probably take that trade, haha.

I'm glad I checked to see it was a bug, as I've not been playing long. Initially I wondered if you lost the perks when you switched cars, or I was doing something wrong.

I'm liking the Insurance story line so far, though. And I'm debating whether I want to spend the credits on an S2 level Ferrari. I tried the upgrade route with the one I have, but it topped out in the 890s.

Plus if this bug affected me (I haven't checked since the update), I can actually redistribute points to the 25% or so of cars that I actually use regularly.

I've definitely wasted a lot of points on cars I never use, and I can't be bothered to farm skill points unlike some.

That would mean I'll have to get all the perks for 730 cars all over again. Yes, I obtained every perk for that many cars, including the 25 point "Second Life" perk or whatever it's called. I don't think the 999 skill point limit will be able to cover all that.

That would mean I'll have to get all the perks for 730 cars all over again. Yes, I obtained every perk for that many cars, including the 25 point "Second Life" perk or whatever it's called. I don't think the 999 skill point limit will be able to cover all that.

I can't image they'd keep that limit in place when they "fix" this. At this point, there'll be a ton of people who have earned more than 999 skill points.

Also, you're out of your mind.

Started doing some FFA Adventures just so I can get ranked in both. The first Unranked game didn't go well (ended 8th overall), but the second one I improved a lot by jumping into the podium after the last race :)

Still need to get used to the new penalty system. But other than that, Adventures are fun to do, and that's coming from someone who is more into single player stuff...

Last edited:
The wheelspins in the Forzathon shop are now 35pts instead of 40, and the super wheelspins are 135 instead of 150...

Do your point reset every time you start the game up? You could make a lot of money if that’s the case. Keep spending your points on the cars with money perks, and then restart your game...

Offroading on this game isn't satisfying the suspension physics need Work, but the two new Mini's where good, the Buggy can get the 7.2L V8 Racing Swap so it might be the new Offroad King for Cross Country.

The frustration is there, I'm sure you understand that. Also, one of the perks is 25 pts alone, times that by 50 cars. Since I am trying to get those Forza Hub points as well (50 perked cars), starting from scratch is a big deal. Kudos if it doesn't bother you...

I don't think this is a thing, because the rewards thing can't go backwards and selling or deleting a mastered car shouldn't count against you. I haven't mastered a car since all my perks got reset but my guess is it'll increment the mastered car count as normal, since I'm still showing 17/50 cars mastered. Also it doesn't sync with your save file because when I accidentally wiped my FH3 cloud save I didn't lose any progress there.

Do your point reset every time you start the game up? You could make a lot of money if that’s the case. Keep spending your points on the cars with money perks, and then restart your game...

They don't, sadly.

I'm hoping they'll just give us as many skill points as we've ever earned back instead of restoring the perks we bought, because now that I've got all the cars I don't really need money or spins and would instead spend them on mastering cars to get that finished off.

They don't, sadly.

I'm hoping they'll just give us as many skill points as we've ever earned back instead of restoring the perks we bought, because now that I've got all the cars I don't really need money or spins and would instead spend them on mastering cars to get that finished off.
The official word so far is that they're gifting 10 super wheelspins to everyone affected as compensation, and that they hope to have restored the lost skill perks before Update 10.

So is it safe to apply the mastery perks? I'll have to try adding a couple later and see if they stick this time.

I also need to get better and skill chains. I'm only missing one star on the dune buggy portion of the insurance business. BTW, the writing and voice acting for that character is quite good.

I did the seasonal Ferrari series tonight, and it was different. For a lot of the races I've stuck with B class cars and below when I had a choice, mostly because I love roadsters and sport compacts. I've done similar where possible with other racing games.

While I did all right with the Ferrari series--with a few retries--it felt like the AI cars were a lot sloppier, and the game felt a bit more arcady, especially for the Edinburgh race. As cars ahead of me were smashing through lamp-posts and the like, I had a weird flashback to playing Ridge Racer Type 4 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero. Of course FH4 is in a different league, but for a bit it felt more like a classic arcade racer than Forza.

On a related note, I still haven't gotten the third star in the dune buggy insurance story. I think the third star for the mass drift mission is all I need for the Taxi missions, too, so my drifting skills are lame.

S2 Class in Ferrari championship is dangerous. CPUs with 458s and Lussos will run away very quickly, but you can catch them in the corners.

It's irritating to run the cool cars then get outrun by fictional twin turbo V12 458s.

This whole 50% playlist thing wasn't the greatest idea IMO. I had to play the game for over 4 hours straight yesterday and another 3 hours today to reach 38%. Not being funny but I just eventually gave up because the Ferrari race was ridiculous. Talk about the AI cheating! Full throttle in the F50 GT and some crappy FF shoots past. Completely unrealistic and gives you no incentive to continue playing. All this for an Austin Traveller. From now on, I'm ignoring the 50% and will just try to obtain any cars as standalone prizes like the Mini Convertible JCW.
PG really done gone and ****** this game up with these 'exclusive' cars. Would have happily paid for them as DLC.

This whole 50% playlist thing wasn't the greatest idea IMO. I had to play the game for over 4 hours straight yesterday and another 3 hours today to reach 38%. Not being funny but I just eventually gave up because the Ferrari race was ridiculous. Talk about the AI cheating! Full throttle in the F50 GT and some crappy FF shoots past. Completely unrealistic and gives you no incentive to continue playing. All this for an Austin Traveller. From now on, I'm ignoring the 50% and will just try to obtain any cars as standalone prizes like the Mini Convertible JCW.
PG really done gone and ****** this game up with these 'exclusive' cars. Would have happily paid for them as DLC.

Did you try turning down the difficulty for the seasonal championship(s)? You only have to win against Highly Skilled Drivatars in Season 9 to win top prizes, instead of Expert Drivatars.

What you saw in the Ferrari championship makes some sense. You're running an F50 GT, which is a high downforce car. The fastest CPUs are running wingless 458 Speciales, GTC4 Lussos, which have all the power in the world (twin turbo V12), so they'll humiliate your car on the straights. However, they lose BADLY in the corners. It's a matter of learning the track, really.

You can also do the story for the 50%, it's not too difficult, but some of the cars will test your patience.

The DLC part... I agree with you. I was gonna open a topic with this very subject in mind, in fact.

After reading those I don't feel so bad about my retries and difficulty with the Ferrari series, nor that I reduced the difficulty to Expert on the last one. I figured it was just me, the weird throwback to Ridge Racer feeling, and maybe my annoyance at Ferraris in general. (Or rather the few Ferrari owners I've encountered. Especially recently as I was in a parade with a couple). But it's done, and I can get back to trying the buggy drift. I got to a bit over 192,000, but the third star is illusive.

^ FT-1, if I had it on Expert, I probably wouldn't even come 5th! :lol: This was on Highly Skilled. Maybe I'm just too impatient, lost some driving ability due to not playing regularly or as I'm using a controller it makes it harder but whatever it is, it's not good.
I'm not enjoying these challenges. While I understand that there needs to be a little bit of difficulty, once it reaches these heights, it's no longer something I wish to play.
Generally, I don't get much time to play and I don’t want to reserve my weekend for grinding and pounding on FH4. Plus, I don't have XBLG so some challenges are inaccessible.

Huh, I guess all my tuning is doing something after all. I thought the A.I. was pathetically slow on unbeatable. They used to give me so much trouble on expert 4 months ago.

When do players start receiving the 10 super wheel spins I just had a update yesterday but haven’t gotten them yet for the missing skill points.

I also need to get better and skill chains. I'm only missing one star on the dune buggy portion of the insurance business. BTW, the writing and voice acting for that character is quite good.
You have to mix scores up, like drift/wreckage/drift/air etc.
Drifts and air can score consecutively, but they have to be seperate.

Drive South down the beach to the airstrip (preferably while drifting back and forth and hitting some stuff)
Drift down the airport back and forth, hitting the yellow markers during drifts and in between.
If you make the entire segment one large score that never ends, you will probably get 3 stars the first time.

Huh, I guess all my tuning is doing something after all. I thought the A.I. was pathetically slow on unbeatable. They used to give me so much trouble on expert 4 months ago.
I think they slowed unbeatable AI down.

On a related note, I still haven't gotten the third star in the dune buggy insurance story. I think the third star for the mass drift mission is all I need for the Taxi missions, too, so my drifting skills are lame.
For me, the trick was to head south on the beach until I got to the drag strip, then just e-drift back and forth through the tape that lines the track. Got over 300,000 points easy. It helps that this is where I go to grind for skill points to buy mastery perks. Or it was before this latest bug.

I tried some Free For All racing over the last couple days, wanted to see how the new race regs affected online behavior. The wall riding penalties seems to be doing the job. But now griefers are responding by pushing cars into walls on purpose. The only way I’ve found to counteract it is to brake early and let the griefers slam into the wall themselves.

After that, my biggest gripe about online racing is the number of times it takes to actually get into a race series. About ten times in a row this morning, I kept getting knocked offline after choosing my car.

I did finally have a good race series though. Three road races in winter with S998 cars. I took my Shelby Monaco King Cobra with the Don Joewon Song tune. I don’t know how he does it but he’s a freaking tuning wizard. I won the championship with a second and two firsts, my first ever championship win in FFA.

Back