Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
YES! Nailed it with a great team! :D:tup:
View attachment 867604

Note: The trial is A-class with Classic Racers. Thankfully it was actually easy because I was worried. :)

I just won all 3 races with a 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 STRADALE. I then shared my setup under "Seasonal EasyWin" or "Seasonal Easy Win". It has a way better grip than AI cars.
upload_2019-11-21_16-49-32.png

A-Class is fine by me. Just need to find the right car and right team :)
I used the Porsche 906 for the three races, although there were two players who were in Alfa Guilia TZ2s that were faster than mine but still managed to catch up, along with another player who was in a Alfa 33 Stradale. But best of all is that the drivatars are easy to deal with in this trial, plus the tracks are short as well. 👍

Find a classic race car you're the most comfortable with in A-class for the trial, and good luck! 👍
I just won all 3 races with a 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 STRADALE. I then shared my setup under "Seasonal EasyWin" or "Seasonal Easy Win". It has a way better grip than AI cars.
View attachment 867608
Awesome! I had one that was literally right on my tail during the trial in my 906 Carrera 6! Cheers on your victory, and enjoy your new 488 Pista! :cheers:

Where’s the red with white/blue stripes paint job seen in most PR shots of the 488 Pista? :grumpy:
The car looks naked without it.

In general I’m quite disappointed how FH4 doesn’t put much effort into covering all official paint jobs. The livery editor shouldn’t be an excuse not to.

Last edited:
Found one as well!
pasta.jpg

Pasta is fast in a straight line but I feel like the GT3RS and 600LT have the edge around the corners.

Toyota didn't give that answer. The social media person at Toyota UK gave that answer. Huge difference.

If Toyota hires someone to communicate, that someone becomes Toyota's voice. Whether subsequent communication is consistent with Toyota's values is a different and internal matter.

If Toyota hires someone to communicate, that someone becomes Toyota's voice. Whether subsequent communication is consistent with Toyota's values is a different and internal matter.
A regional manager does not have either the authority or even all the relevant information necessary to speak for the corporation overall. The social media intern who made that post at Toyota UK is far removed (hierarchically, not just geographically) from the decision makers at Toyota's world headquarters who are/were responsible for the Toyota video game blackout.

Haven't played the games in months so I've missed things like the CCGT, Divo, etc. but this kind of makes up for that.

UPUrWec.png

The Pista sounds different (better?) than the 488, or have they done more sound file updates? If that's the case, what others cars were updated? Anyhoo, this thing handles well enough but it isn't getting around corners faster (or better) than something like the Mosler or Senna.

A regional manager does not have either the authority or even all the relevant information necessary to speak for the corporation overall. The social media intern who made that post at Toyota UK is far removed (hierarchically, not just geographically) from the decision makers...

True, but PR employees are the only ones we can expect to ever engage in communication like that, and therefore we have to take their word as Toyota's word, even when they fail to convey the corporate viewpoint.

Positively having fun with this week's Trial....

Yeah, for once it's something approachable despite the sought after prize at stake.

Positively having fun with this week's Trial....

Yep, it's a great combo this week, and the tracks they've chosen are good as well.

I used a 906 and finished 3rd on the sprint, won both road courses and my team blitzed the drivatars, taking the first 5 spots in every race. And it took about 20 minutes to do!

I used my (obviously liveried [nudges towards profile pic]) 906 and not only won all 3 races, but came in the podium!

It wasn't necessarily mocking them, but more so a joke. I'm not sure why you're taking this to heart though when it wasn't met to offend anyone. :\
I'm sorry. I sound a little bit upset I guess. I should stay off the Internet when I'm having a bad day. I know it was just a joke. My problem with whole NFS thing is that we were in the same boat just a few days ago and how Toyota handled the GT exclusive deal. From the CEO statement that people who drive cars in games don't drive cars i.r.l. to da latest Toyota doesn't support illegal street racing nonsense.
Toyota didn't give that answer. The social media person at Toyota UK gave that answer. Huge difference.
Of course it wasn't. The same goes with the response from NFS. But you must realize that when I write comments from some official account I represents that same brand to some extent. That person could post from his personal account but decided to use the official one instead.
The primary focus of Horizon is NOT illegal street racing; however, in NFS it is, so that could be part of the reason why they don't have issue with Horizon.
Of course it's not the main focus, but it is still there. Street Scene and Head-to-head races are a huge part of the game and of course they both fall in the illegal street racing category. Hypocrisy at it's finest from Toyota in that case.

The problem with a Truck Race is the opponents. I was using a Unimog at D500 for the Forzathon. The Goliath (and any other Truck Race) cheats rather badly by using the Merc Racing Truck (nowhere near D Class) to take on your D Class Unimog. I was OK for about 75% of the race. I quit and set up a Unimog only Goliath *share code of 845 403 719 if that is any help). Made for a pleasant drive through the countryside at D500.

My first try at the Trial was a disaster with a stock 906. I looked at some tunes, but decided to just throw 4WD and better tires under my car and see how it went. We won all three races and I personally finished first, second, and first. And I did see the Eliminator Truck. For the weekly Forzathon, I got in my Ram TRX. I figured it's a truck, right? Apparently not. When they say "own and drive a truck", they don't mean a truck, they mean a TRUCK. So I got in my Volvo and smashed everything in sight.

Of course it wasn't. The same goes with the response from NFS. But you must realize that when I write comments from some official account I represents that same brand to some extent. That person could post from his personal account but decided to use the official one instead.
And it was hastily deleted and reinstated as a different statement. Basically saying whoever wrote that was incorrect.

I won a 488 Pista on my first try thanks to having somewhat competent teammates. Two of them were good enough, but really didn't know how to take a corner to save their life. The rest just couldn't do anything.

RandomCarGuy17_ForzaHorizon4_20191122_04-32-22.png

I actually decided to use a Ferrari 330 P4 for this race in spite of being more of a GT40 man.
RandomCarGuy17_ForzaHorizon4_20191122_03-12-40.png

Anyone know if there is a way to do your custom racing stripes so it does not apply on the top front bumper? Right now, when I apply racing stripes on top of the 488 pista, the stripes apply on top as well as the bottom part of the front bumper.

I am trying to do custom racing stripes like this:

488-pista-upper-front-spoiler4.jpg

Back