Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Its a fairly good month for me, the E63, Supra and Portofino are hits (does look much better with the roof up though), the drift cars not so much and the Gunther Works looks a little too aftermarket compared to a Singer for my tastes.

Totally agree.

I just swapped horn to the D pad and photo mode on the right stick, makes it much easier to do cornering shots.
I did that as soon as the game came out and I realized photo mode wasn't in the pause menu. It's better than the default, but it's still not as good as putting it back in the pause menu.

When did they changed the max amount of Skill Points? Last time I checked had 999pts, now 1074pts.
A year or so ago, there was a glitch that erased all the skill points players had applied to their cars. After a few days, they managed to return all the skill points to the players, but not to the cars themselves. I had over 11,000 points. I still have about 4,000.

A year or so ago, there was a glitch that erased all the skill points players had applied to their cars. After a few days, they managed to return all the skill points to the players, but not to the cars themselves. I had over 11,000 points. I still have about 4,000.
I remember that. But I spent all those points soon after. Than I got to 999 simply by doing the playlist. I know I had 999 when I put my point on the Koenigsegg before deleting it. Today I wanted to put my point (leveling car collector) on the Portofino I saw 1074. And is still going up. Now I have 1132pts.

About skill points, I suspect the new update gave me an unexplained number of points. After today's update I noticed had 170 unspent skill points, but yesterday I spent all the points I had. Yesterday I played a handful of Eliminator games after spending all my points. I won't rule out that those games of Eliminator earned me around 170 points, but I somehow doubt it. In my experience it usually takes a fairly good while to earn nearly 200 points.

The increased cap mentioned above suggests the team has been fiddling with the system, which may have caused some unintended side-effects.

The summer Shop:
upload_2020-4-9_16-46-1.png

Took me a while to work out where that Mini was after the drivatars dominated in it in the Co-Op championship...so I bought it and no clue how they dominated as I was really slow in it (I'm not the best ever but am slightly better than average) and the Can-Am dominated (when it had been really slow for me in the first try). I give up....4 out of 6 races there has been at least 1 drivatar that's raced off into the distance with a car that seems to have been given a massive performance boost...either that or I am the worst driver in Horizon history! So much for the "Summer of fun"

No you're not. I have done more than 400 trials and the Easter Buggy is the hardest I ever done. The AI is just inconsistent. Sometimes they drive B class other times S1.

Thank you for confirming it's not just me...I almost threw my controller across the room in frustration :mad: Have only been playing 2 months so am still pretty new so still getting used to the drivatars etc

My strategy to reach the 200 car pics fast for Promo Horizon:
- Find a start of an asphalt race
- My Cars >> Filter by Category, Order by Class, and pick a car with IP toping most of the cars (but not too separate from others)
- Start the race and took two photos (first and last cars) on the grid.
- Quit and repeat with the next Category.
upload_2020-4-9_19-58-39.png

I just do drag races on the beach and shoot a pic as soon as the race starts. Had one race in hot hatches where all 12 cars were unique. So I have the Portofino now and within a half hour to an hour I should have the Gunther.

Just for those who haven’t got it, the Gunther 400R is technically the oldest car in the Modern Sports Cars Class with it being *made* in 1995. :dunce:

It’s kinda funny considering the Retro Sports Cars Class has cars from 2005 in it. :P

I guess it kinda make sense since it's a restomod... although it would have made more sense if it was classified as 2018 car instead of 1995.

Just for those who haven’t got it, the Gunther 400R is technically the oldest car in the Modern Sports Cars Class with it being *made* in 1995. :dunce:

It’s kinda funny considering the Retro Sports Cars Class has cars from 2005 in it. :P

I guess it kinda make sense since it's a restomod... although it would have made more sense if it was classified as 2018 car instead of 1995.
Well, if we end up getting the Singer 911 from the leaked list, then I guess we’ll have a car from anywhere between 1989 and 1994 in the Modern Sports Car class making it even older than the Guntherwerks :lol:

Finally managed to win the buggy Co-Op event...went with the Dub Baja thingy with a tune from someone on the official forum.....managed to win the first event somehow then 4 people dropped out....came woefully last in the 2nd....and then managed to win the 3rd event (the other player didn't do very well but, as there were only 2 of us, my win won the event for us). If I ever see this event again, I am deleting the game and never going near it again :lol:

Finally managed to win the buggy Co-Op event...went with the Dub Baja thingy with a tune from someone on the official forum.....managed to win the first event somehow then 4 people dropped out....came woefully last in the 2nd....and then managed to win the 3rd event (the other player didn't do very well but, as there were only 2 of us, my win won the event for us). If I ever see this event again, I am deleting the game and never going near it again :lol:
The Baja is one of the best for this event. We won it yesterday winning all 3 events. Apparently if the AI will gain some distance it will ignore any obstacle. If you manage to stay close to them the whole thing gets way easier. So today I tried a different approach. In the second and last event I waited for them to complete the first lap than just blocked the leading cars. The rest of the team managed to pass them with ease. I kinda like when things gets hard.

For those of you who have acheived Blueprinter level 5, how did you do it? Do you just have to keep creating new blueprints with interesting names to get plays?

Last edited:
For those of you who have acheived Blueprinter level 5, how did you do it? Do you just have to keep creating new playlists with interesting names to get plays?
It's not enough to just create the blueprint. You need to run and complete it. That is how you get 100 influence. To get to lv5 you need to run 521 such events. You can get influence if others run your event (100 pts) or if they like it (20 pts). I needed to run 521 different blueprints, because nobody bothered with them. I used custom routes that ended right where the next event start. There are 3 events close to each other at the train junk yard. I made custom routes for each event and just made the same events over and over.

Took me a while to work out where that Mini was after the drivatars dominated in it in the Co-Op championship...so I bought it and no clue how they dominated as I was really slow in it (I'm not the best ever but am slightly better than average) and the Can-Am dominated (when it had been really slow for me in the first try). I give up....4 out of 6 races there has been at least 1 drivatar that's raced off into the distance with a car that seems to have been given a massive performance boost...either that or I am the worst driver in Horizon history! So much for the "Summer of fun"
The AI doesn't actually drive the specific cars, as such, they're really just a cosmetic skin. It's better to look at which cars are being used by other human players who do well in the races you're in. There is an element of luck in whether or not you encounter one of the crazy fast AI. I think I did the Trial 6 times yesterday, and won 5 of the 6 times in race 2. A typical set of lap times for me was 1:35, 1:33, 1:32 sort of pace, reflecting being slowed down by other cars early on. That kind of pace won 5 of the 6 races. In the one I lost, my lap times were 1:33, 1:32, 1:32, i.e. I went unusually fast, yet there was a Cholla AI that finished about 5 seconds ahead of me, so it completed the race in something crazy like 10 seconds faster total time than the fastest AI in any of the other 5 races.

It's not enough to just create the blueprint. You need to run and complete it. That is how you get 100 influence. To get to lv5 you need to run 521 such events. You can get influence if others run your event (100 pts) or if they like it (20 pts). I needed to run 521 different blueprints, because nobody bothered with them. I used custom routes that ended right where the next event start. There are 3 events close to each other at the train junk yard. I made custom routes for each event and just made the same events over and over.

Oof, I was hoping to avoid having to do that but if I must, I must. Might try making a ton of blueprints across the map then grind some out and see how it goes, but so far I've had like single digit plays on my blueprints since day one so I doubt that's going anywhere.

Oof, I was hoping to avoid having to do that but if I must, I must. Might try making a ton of blueprints across the map then grind some out and see how it goes, but so far I've had like single digit plays on my blueprints since day one so I doubt that's going anywhere.
Now I think is the right time to make Promo themed Blueprints. Promo Oddballs, Promo Barnfinds... Good luck.

The AI doesn't actually drive the specific cars, as such, they're really just a cosmetic skin. It's better to look at which cars are being used by other human players who do well in the races you're in. There is an element of luck in whether or not you encounter one of the crazy fast AI. I think I did the Trial 6 times yesterday, and won 5 of the 6 times in race 2. A typical set of lap times for me was 1:35, 1:33, 1:32 sort of pace, reflecting being slowed down by other cars early on. That kind of pace won 5 of the 6 races. In the one I lost, my lap times were 1:33, 1:32, 1:32, i.e. I went unusually fast, yet there was a Cholla AI that finished about 5 seconds ahead of me, so it completed the race in something crazy like 10 seconds faster total time than the fastest AI in any of the other 5 races.

Am starting to realise that....I have run the Trial a number of times since I posted and the AI are fast in anything they drive. The Baja has definitely turned out to be the best car to use, at least for me, with the right tune as, since using it, I have run the Trial about 6 times and have won probably 13 of those 18 races as the Baja tune I am using suite my driving style perfectly....though almost all the races had at least one AI not far behind me (a couple of the race 3 events, I managed to beat the AI by a handful of seconds)

Lap time wise, I have no clue....I don't pay attention to the lap times when I am racing...my concentration can barely manage racing and glancing at the mini-map to remind me what's coming up :lol:

Back