Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
While Formula Drift's Ferrari is a competition vehicle, it's not a car that Ferrari had anything to do with its creation, and it's more like the aftermarket customization they hate.

Don't forget, though, that FM7 nor FH4 had the Toyota license (until FH4 did) but both games featured Toyota cars through licensing loopholes. The same might apply to the FD Ferrari, because by acquiring the FD license they should, in theory, be able to acquire the rights to the cars used in the series. Then again it's possible Toyota were happy with that situation and Ferrari may not be, I suppose - it's not like Toyota could've threatened them by withdrawing the license that Microsoft didn't have or anything.

Don't forget, though, that FM7 nor FH4 had the Toyota license (until FH4 did) but both games featured Toyota cars through licensing loopholes. The same might apply to the FD Ferrari, because by acquiring the FD license they should, in theory, be able to acquire the rights to the cars used in the series. Then again it's possible Toyota were happy with that situation and Ferrari may not be, I suppose - it's not like Toyota could've threatened them by withdrawing the license that Microsoft didn't have or anything.

Yet there aren't any FD Toyotas (or Lexuses or Scions) that could, theoretically, have been licensed through FD instead of Toyota anyway.

Fredric-Aasbo-2.jpg

Monkeylife.jpg

tuerck.jpg

Weird deal all around...

Speaking of evil moves, I wonder if they’re planning to add the Toyota GT86 road car in a future series. I wouldn’t mind, but the “it’s just a rebadged BRZ” camp would probably start a riot.

Probably the one thing the GT86 would have over the BRZ at least, is that it'll likely have access to the 1600hp single-turbo 2JZ swap.

FD Corvette 50% Summer
A70 Supra Autumn seasonal championship
AMG E63 50% Winter
FD 599 Spring seasonal championship

They're bringing back Horizon Promo, where you have to take a picture of every car in the game and get rewards. Used to be in FH2 and FH3, pretty fun thing back then.

Wanna bet there's a car or two hidden in there? Edit: Yep! Ferrari Portobello and Guntherworks 400R are tied to Horizon Promo.

Worst month in a while for cars. The Supra was a given and the E63 is fairly nice (and was part of the leaked list) but those FD cars will be ones that I unlock for completion and never use. No big deal though, I know not every month will be a hit.

Horizon Promo coming back is nice.

EDIT: Two extra cars - Portofino and Guntherwerks as we expected. That redeems this month for sure!

Portofino and Guntherwerks 400R allegedly buried in Horizon Promo

Photograph 100 cars for Portofino.
200 cars for Guntherwerks

The Portofino thumbnail they showed in the stream was with the roof closed, but the driving model is open top. Are they giving us an option to choose?

The brake light clusters on the Supra MKIII were changed in FH3 after community-wide complaints, but in FH4 the brake light clusters have returned to how it looked before said change in FH3.

With this Horizon Promo I wonder if we can just take pictures of our own garage cars?

Just photograph any car, including your own.

The Portofino thumbnail they showed in the stream was with the roof closed, but the driving model is open top. Are they giving us an option to choose?

The brake light clusters on the Supra MKIII were changed in FH3 after community-wide complaints, but in FH4 the brake light clusters have returned to how it looked before said change in FH3.

Just photograph any car, including your own.
IIRC all convertibles have their roof on in the preview. The 650S Spyder is an example of that.

IIRC all convertibles have their roof on in the preview. The 650S Spyder is an example of that.

Ok. Well, I was hoping for a closed top Portofino, but no big deal.

Gotta say, this stream is much more enjoyable than usual. Maybe they should always do it from home. :lol:

In what way? The technical aspects of this stream are inferior compared to the shows from PG HQ.

FD Corvette 50% Summer
A70 Supra Autumn seasonal championship
AMG E63 50% Winter
FD 599 Spring seasonal championship

Glad they're back to one new car a week, also glad none of these are Trial or Games rewards... But I get the feeling it's been a while since a new car was a reward for either?

General question, am I right in thinking the Mercury Cougar can only be unlocked through playing Eliminator?

Follow-up question, is Eliminator fun? Is there much scope for being griefed?

General question, am I right in thinking the Mercury Cougar can only be unlocked through playing Eliminator?

Follow-up question, is Eliminator fun? Is there much scope for being griefed?
1. Yes, you can only get it through Eliminator, or through the auction house, but it's rare. So just play Eliminator.
2. Your mileage may vary, but I find the Eliminator quite a bit of fun.

@Populuxe Cowboy I played it once, won one race then had to make dinner so didn't get long to feel smug about it, but if it's the only way to complete the collection I guess I'll go back. Then again I told myself I'd finally get ranked in all the adventure modes I haven't touched yet about a month ago and... bought Doom Eternal instead. Nice to still have reasons to play, though.

That 599 FD look ridiculous and I love it. I am not into drifting but don't mind the 2 FD cars. We are still getting 4 ordinary ones. The Portofino and the Guntherwerks are just gorgeous. Love the new cars a lot. They are really spoiling us with all the content.

Latest Posts

Back