Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I always keep the stock appearance anyway. Maybe I'll change the rims and lower the suspension a bit if default looks too silly, but it's rare to be honest.

Recently returned to the Forza games having recently bought an X, i missed the Summer playlist, started FH4 in Autumn so i'm going to miss out on the McLaren F1 stuck on 76% of the season playlist complete, with 93% completed of the Spring playlist i'm not going to get the 80% needed......booooo that man. Can't find a photo thread, so i'm just going to leave this here.:D

Midnight Run 599XX Evo.
599.jpg

Recently returned to the Forza games having recently bought an X, i missed the Summer playlist, started FH4 in Autumn so i'm going to miss out on the McLaren F1 stuck on 76% of the season playlist complete, with 93% completed of the Spring playlist i'm not going to get the 80% needed......booooo that man. Can't find a photo thread, so i'm just going to leave this here.:D
McLaren F1 can be bought from the autoshow any time you want. It's one of the fastest S1 cars in the game.

McLaren F1 can be bought from the autoshow any time you want. It's one of the fastest S1 cars in the game.

Its just a bit of a bummer, so close ooh well, gonna buy FH3 from the MS Store for a tenner, pretty much finished with FH4 apart from the weekly playlists.

Last edited:
So, I love the Alpine A110, I bought Gran Turismo Sport when I found out they were adding it. [..] I won't get the car till mid January without XBL Gold, and I'd have to play the game pretty much every. Single. Day in order to get it.
Just for you to know, even if that will not probably makes you happy: cars available as Festival prizes often become obtainable in an other way (single event prize, Forzashop) a few months later.
Good point! Guess I'll keep an eye out, if I remember.
5 months of waiting. Here you go ;)
View attachment 918592
The current Forzathon Shop.
Since the A110 is a carrier mode prize, this lineup will probably be revised soon.

Started playing on my new gaming PC and the difference going from 30fps on console is immense
Even with an Xbox One X at 60fps, the 1080p graphics are really heavily compromised to achieve that and it looks massively better on a PC at 1080p with maxed out settings. I run it at 4k downsampled to 1080p via the AMD driver's virtual resolution option and it looks fantastic.

Just be aware that the game's code doesn't work properly past 60fps, so it's best to run it with a 60fps cap. I don't know how many cars are affected by it, but if you use a speed tune of the 599 XX Evolution at >60fps for the motorway speed trap, it reaches a much lower speed than at <=60fps.

I love that we can convert our fire-breathing rally replica Celica into the plain-jane base version.

Agreed. My dad wrote automotive content for the local newspaper back in the day, and every now and then local car dealerships borrowed him cars to treat as own for a week or so, in exchange for a review in the newspaper. At some point in the mid-1990s we had a basic T200 Celica at our disposal (just like in those photos but in yellow). The summer evening drives to the beach in this car is one of those little landmark moments in my childhood, because it was way cooler than the almost anything else driving in our hometown at the time.

I just unlocked the GT-FOUR Celica and checked it out in Forzavista, took it out on free roam. Is the muffler glitched? At certain angles (panning left or right), you can see right thru it (seeing the gravel/environment). QA team strikes again.

Playing on the X in performance mode (60fps).

Attachments

• Glitch2.jpg
    Glitch2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 32
I just unlocked the GT-FOUR Celica and checked it out in Forzavista, took it out on free roam. Is the muffler glitched? At certain angles (panning left or right), you can see right thru it (seeing the gravel/environment). QA team strikes again.

Playing on the X in performance mode (60fps).
Happens all the time. A lot of newly added cars and DLC have this same glitch since the first content update.

So I've just tried the Puma in rivals and the brake balance seems inverted, the rears lock first and the fronts seem like the aren't doing much. Great selection of new to Forza cars this month, and nice to see some 90's stuff. I don't know how accurate it is if you looked at all the DLC car data, but to me it felt like the 90's had been forgotten about in the last couple of games.

This is just a complaint, but the "Pokeforza" system in FH4 is still terrible. I really hate this.
With the FH3 I had the garage of my dreams. My ST205 collection is available in a variety of classes and on tarmac and gravel, all with different livery.
To me, this car is more than a Ferrari or a Lambo, it's a hero, and enjoying this car in its various tunes and livery has been the greatest joy.

But that's not going to happen with FH4. I already have a "one" ST205. ...Yeah, just one thing.
The words, "You just have to apply the tune or livery every time" are no consolation or solution to the problem.
I don't just want to use the ST205 in various tunes and livery, I want to get my dream garage collection of various ST205...
It's like telling someone who has lost a precious dog to "You get a new dog".

I can only hope that the opportunity to have the ST205 again will come as soon as possible.

Back