Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Sorry for the double post, but did anybody get a new update for FH4?

The update is 166.39mb. It must be for the reset issue caused by Update 27. Here's hoping! *fingers crossed*

Edit: Well... It's still happening as soon as I left my house. So it doesn't fix it. :|

Last edited:
Are PG employees still working from home? In that case this must be getting hard for them. Updates are getting increasingly plagued by bugs, and hot-fixes only seem partial in execution (clearly an uphill battle if social distancing keeps the developers physically apart). On top a new series has to be prepared every time a new series drops. Then there's optimization for Xbox Series X, which must be fine-tuned for November 10. So far no official article published about the new content, and the latest stream was PG taking over Forza Monthly while crippled by illness in the hosting team. I think they deserve a month to recover without releasing a new content update, assuming things are as stressful as they seem.

Are PG employees still working from home? In that case this must be getting hard for them.

As a software developer who's working from home, it's not necessarily a huge hit to productivity, especially after this long when everyone's adapted to it. Many games companies already do some level of remote working too - the whole pCARS series was developed by staff working from home around the world, and the Forza games have outsourced art teams internationally. Even when working in an office, companies like Rockstar or Ubisoft have multiple offices in different locations who co-operate remotely.

Any blips in quality assurance I would probably put down to the workload of the impending XSX launch and the development of the next Motorsport game, with Horizon 4 being in more of a long-term support position now. There's always the chance that their focus is on another Eliminator-sized update for the future too. I tend to suspect that these monthly car packs are mostly using cars that were ready a long time ago, which would sensibly reduce any short-term time pressure to get them finished.

As a software developer who's working from home, it's not necessarily a huge hit to productivity, especially after this long when everyone's adapted to it. Many games companies already do some level of remote working too - the whole pCARS series was developed by staff working from home around the world, and the Forza games have outsourced art teams internationally. Even when working in an office, companies like Rockstar or Ubisoft have multiple offices in different locations who co-operate remotely.

Any blips in quality assurance I would probably put down to the workload of the impending XSX launch and the development of the next Motorsport game, with Horizon 4 being in more of a long-term support position now. There's always the chance that their focus is on another Eliminator-sized update for the future too. I tend to suspect that these monthly car packs are mostly using cars that were ready a long time ago, which would sensibly reduce any short-term time pressure to get them finished.

Working from home is definitely not the end of the world, but we know the developers at PG have desks at HQ where they under normal circumstances can talk directly to each other about troubleshooting etc. It’s a fact that quality on FH4’s technical level has decreased gradually in recent months, and if they are still working from home it’s not hard to imagine why. Cooperating over conference calls is just more cumbersome and frustrating, although it’s not impossible.

The devs in my team are absolutely loving being at home. Productivity is up considerably from pre-lockdown.

I think that @pez2k is right: PG devs will be working on the XSX launch right now, so the current live game is probably on a skeleton crew

The devs in my team are absolutely loving being at home. Productivity is up considerably from pre-lockdown.

Well, in terms of quality control it would be nice if the same was true for FH4.

I think that @pez2k is right: PG devs will be working on the XSX launch right now, so the current live game is probably on a skeleton crew

Hopefully. Anyway, it would be a shame if the game launches on Series X with more bugs than it had six months ago.

Found a weird glitch I've never seen before; I overcooked a corner, crashed, and noticed my wheels were scratched/damaged.
6e8becfc-6716-4938-ab33-7473456b74f7.jpg

The RC-F still has the Rocket Bunny bodykit, for those interested.
I'm glad you said something. When I first got the car, I went to the upgrades screen and saw the "body kit" tag was blanked out, so I figured there wasn't one. All I could see in the "Areo" tag was the usual Forza aero plus the ridiculously oversized Rocket Bunny wing. It never occurred to me to check the "conversion" tag.

2015 Lexus RC F

So does anyone know why next week's Festival Playlist shows the current in-game '96 Impala as a "new exclusive car!"?

Greetings all. I'm new to FH4. Started in June after playing Gran Turismo since 1997.I'm a former SCCA road racer and mechanic. Been enjoying the game but there are somethings I am curious about. I guess first big question is about switching from PC to Xbox. I started on PC but recently got an XBox S. I thought my internet connection was having an issue on my PC, but updating and d/l are worse on the Xbox. I do my design on my PC, but play on the Xbox. Anyone else experience this?
I recently installed Fortune Island. Pretty much finished it and went back to the mainland. Now even though I have left the island everytime I start the game I end up back on the island. I lso noticed there any many more Forzathon Live events on the island as opposed to the mainland. Why??

Are there any Street Scene events that are not in the dark? Even on the big screen I have trouble seeing traffic. I need to complete one more to finish the Autumn weekly challenge.

I would greatly appreciate any help. My gamertag is Racin510s. Don't have but a couple of friends. I'm not a fast racer beyond S1. My eyes are just old LOL. I do tune but mostly for myself. I tune for grip and throttle steer. Just made it to rank 12 painter. Mostly do race cars, but have been experimenting with fades and graphics. Tryin to wrap my head around painting images like this anime stuff I see.

Sorry about the long post.

Cheers

Now even though I have left the island everytime I start the game I end up back on the island.
When you're on mainland enter any of your house or the festival and set it as your home. I believe it's the Y button.
Are there any Street Scene events that are not in the dark?
All the Street Scene happens during night time. The races in Edinburgh are better somehow. You can also lower the difficulty to complete the weekly forzathon.

In some Seasonal Street Race championships, the time of day is different. But normally, they're either in the dusk or midnight.

I'm probably off topic, but can still interest someone. Since I have an Xbones it wasn't hard for me to decide an upgrade to XSX. And I was curious how "quick resume" is going to look like with games like Forza Horizon. Here (at 3min) he test it on FH3. And man that is almost an instant when you switch between games. I guess you will still need to wait the connection to servers. But you can wait for it while driving.

When you're on mainland enter any of your house or the festival and set it as your home. I believe it's the Y button.

All the Street Scene happens during night time. The races in Edinburgh are better somehow. You can also lower the difficulty to complete the weekly forzathon.

Thanks for the info @strela and @GTvsForza. @Populuxe Cowboy there are a few tunes that I have posted. The thing I don't particularly like about FH4 tunes is the fact that you can't make adjustments once you d/l a tune. I'd rather give the settings I use like I did with GT1-6. I have 551 cars and only about 6 tunes that I have kept. If anyone would like to try some of my settings let me know what car. I have had lots of d/l of the tunes I shared but no likes.
I am a crazy collector. I have acquired all the cars I want except the '94 Nissan TT Z. I

I started my own club. R510. I did this because I couldn't find a club that seemed like a good fit for me. I'm not looking for accolades just some like minded friends to play with and share.

I did finish the Autumn seasonal except the online adventure part. I have no idea how to get ranked. I'd say that is the thing that I don't really care for about FH4. I don't mind playing online, just when you play with a team why do team members crash you out?

Thanks for the replies.👍 :cheers:

Back