Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I've never heard about this. Where can I find info on it??

The games as released are 'cleaned' of any mention of unannounced content, but when FH1 was released, Playground forgot to clean the FM4 car list that it contained, and those two cars were in it.

More on the speculation side, the 2012 Mini Coupe JCW from FH1 and the 2012 Astra GTC VXR from FH2 are mixed in with the FM4 cars in the list rather than the FH1/2 cars, so these may have been planned for inclusion in the same pack. The Bowler Nemesis and Mazda RX-3 are possibly from the FM4 section too.

It's not the only time that Forza developers have forgotten to clean out unreleased content either - FM3 at launch had mention of at least 35 cars that would come later as DLC, plus a Camry Stock Car and Hyundai Genesis Sedan that were never released.

Stream is about to be up if anyone is interested. Hopefully some FM news eventually, but I won't hold my breath.

Anyways, I'm confused as to whether or not the new Formula Drift 370Z is the 2018 or 2019 model, because it looks like the latter. The 2018 model uses Hankook tires, while the model that we have seen so far uses Nexen tires, which is the same as the 2019 version.

The leaked car list says that this is the 2018 model, but I'm not sure what to believe.

Anyways, I'm confused as to whether or not the new Formula Drift 370Z is the 2018 or 2019 model, because it looks like the latter. The 2018 model uses Hankook tires, while the model that we have seen so far uses Nexen tires, which is the same as the 2019 version.

The leaked car list says that this is the 2018 model, but I'm not sure what to believe.

Do we know what engine it has? It wasn't really shown on stream. If it's got the VK56 it's the old car with the new livery, which is now Forsberg's "demo" car, if it's got the VR38 it's the new one.

Do we know what engine it has? It wasn't really shown on stream. If it's got the VK56 it's the old car with the new livery, which is now Forsberg's "demo" car, if it's got the VR38 it's the new one.

I would be angling towards the VR as the VK poked up through the hood and the model shown doesn’t have that.

Some modifications throw up unexpected pleasures. I can't say for certain if it's different to stock, but I added just the street displacement upgrade to the Austin Cooper S - bringing it to 1300cc - and it sounds so rorty, with a great off throttle sound.

A staggering amount of people have not grasped the concept of reading, it seems. It took me 5 tries in order to find at least 2 teammates that realised this week's trial was on dirt tracks... Everyone's using bone stock muscle cars. :lol:

A staggering amount of people have not grasped the concept of reading, it seems. It took me 5 tries in order to find at least 2 teammates that realised this week's trial was on dirt tracks... Everyone's using bone stock muscle cars. :lol:
I used my rally-prepped AWD-converted Lancia Fulvia. It's only weakness was losing a bit of top end speed in exchange for god-tier handling off-road.

After the update my game always load the map 2 times whenever I leave the house. Which is weird. So maybe someone else could experience some bugs.
The Nissan 370Z FD is definitely the 2018 model with 4.0L engine which should be the VQ37.
Also I'm such a noob. Only today I realized there's a way to drive the McLaren 650S Spider with the roof down... well now I know.:)

Microsoft really needs to get better with game updates. Last night I spent an hour or so trying to debug what looked like a network issue when I couldn't get into any Eliminator sessions. Turned out the game client had been updated, and so as I was on an older version of the client, I couldn't get into multiplayer sessions.

But my computer had been on all day, with the Xbox services running. Why in god's name it didn't just silently update the game while I was busy messing around with a web database, I really don't know. There was much swearing last night, I can tell you

I'm happy with the Formula Drift 370Z.
One of the problems with the Formula Drift cars in Forza, was that these cars were already highly modified in "stock", making it difficult to use them in either S1/S2 class, resulting in cars that only had the opportunity to be used in the Drift Zone or Forzathon Live.

And what was the biggest factor in this problem, was an engine that had been modified to make over 1000hp.
However, they had a stock VR38DETT as an engine swap option in this 370Z.
By swapping to this engine we were able to convert the car to AWD while still being able to use it as a car for the S1 class.

However, the suspension setup on this car is for drifting, so it would be very difficult to use it as a car for grip...

I didn't have a lot of time this morning before having to head to work, so instead of trying to cram a few races in, I just parked my Ariel Nomad up by the mast on Glen Rannoch and helped a bunch of people complete their weekly photo challenge.

On a side note, the Forzathon Shop was closed which surprised me. Is it open now? What's in it?

I didn't have a lot of time this morning before having to head to work, so instead of trying to cram a few races in, I just parked my Ariel Nomad up by the mast on Glen Rannoch and helped a bunch of people complete their weekly photo challenge.

On a side note, the Forzathon Shop was closed which surprised me. Is it open now? What's in it?

The Forzathon shop for this week contains the Koenigsegg CCX, Mercedes SL 65 Forza Edition, blue race suit and Ode to Joy horn. It seems like the shop was a little slow to update, which resulted in a short period where it was unavailable.

Back