Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
So since the subject of bans was mentioned I am hoping that it is as you explained/described, was a bit worried since I've been doing the new jobs to get the full influence points for levelling up Super 7 quickly so I hope there are no bans for that, if so I will happily serve it.

Am all set for Season 30 starting and I guess this time I will get my first backstage passes as I presume if I do about 80% of each week I will meet the overall season 50$ and 80% rewards so get the car and a backstage pass?

I've been doing the new jobs to get the full influence points for levelling up Super 7 quickly so I hope there are no bans for that, if so I will happily serve it.

They aren’t going to deliberately ban anyone for just playing the game the way it was designed. New challenges even have their own tab, so hardly a crime to make use of it. Besides, it shouldn’t take much effort on PG’s end to patch the XP payouts if something is wrong.

Last edited:
They aren’t going to deliberately ban anyone for just playing the game the way it was designed. New challenges even have their own tab, so hardly a crime to make use of it. Besides, it shouldn’t take much effort on PG’s end to patch the XP payouts if something is wrong.

Yeah fair point!

I got banned by R* once because of modders/xp hacks on PS3 so I've always treaded carefully when playing online since to make sure I don't have to go through a ban again.

I couldn't be due to the super7 could it? Null car, traffic cars and banned liveries etc.
I seriously doubt it. Most of the traffic cars/challenges I drove during super7 were picked by the system. I didn't got banned. But then I wouldn't be surprised if the creator is banned for offensive content. The year 2050 however is curious. I knew off a month and permaban... not the 30y one.

I'm not totally sure what you are trying to say, but generally a car will have less grip at the end with less weight from a steady state condition. Once weight transfer is set in motion, things change. RR cars are pretty understeery by nature, until you start throwing the back end around - this is why old 911 race cars corner fastest partially sideways:

You have to use the rear engine "pendulum" to rotate the car through the corner entry, and then use the massive, rear-biased traction to slingshot out. In the game, the Porsche 930 actually does behave like this, and it's a lot of fun to drive because of it.

If anyone has a wheel setup for FH4, I would be curious to know whether the 996 GT3 drives better with a wheel. I think the aero imbalance will still be a problem, but it's possible that without the controller front axle buffs that it might be a little more tame during high speed transitional movement. I think with this particular car, it's a too-aggressive steering intervention combined with too little rear aero combined with the rear weight bias that sends it into tank slappers.

What about new thread for it? Do you have Motorsport 7? Check the steering there, it's the same as Horizon and it's even more visible. I don't say it's right but we need to research it :D

That's a good thinking but PG banned ppl for using AH which is very bad and it was normal. I just checked my account and no ban after Super 7 "special" events.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good thinking but PG banned ppl for using AH which is very bad and it was normal. I just checked my account and no ban after Super 7 "special" events.

Bans related to Super7 (if that’s the case) can have something to do with controversial liveries or offensive challenge descriptions. Challenge cards can be reported, after all. Players who level up fast aren’t doing anything wrong.

Isn't it weird that the event " Abarth on the heart " does Not allow Abarth badged cars, but only Fiat badged cars ? Was a struggle in the 124 Sport Spider, since it lacked the power of the Fiat Dino,but it came out good in the end :) Had no luck finding a Dino in the auction house sadly.

Regarding the issue of being banned until 2050, I've read a few posts on forums and reddit, and they seem to have one thing in common.
They have one thing in common: they have a lot of credits.
Some users have already speculated that this may be due to their anti-cheat program banning players who have a lot of credits.
We still don't know exactly how many credits you have to have to be dangerous, but it seems that if you have at least 500 million credits, you may be banned. Please be careful.

Regarding the issue of being banned until 2050, I've read a few posts on forums and reddit, and they seem to have one thing in common.
Some users have already speculated that this may be due to their anti-cheat program banning players who have a lot of credits.
We still don't know exactly how many credits you have to have to be dangerous, but it seems that if you have at least 500 million credits, you may be banned. Please be careful.
I have 140 million but I have every buyable car plus duplicates, I’m assuming it’s people getting it quickly instead of just doing multiple races.

Isn't it weird that the event " Abarth on the heart " does Not allow Abarth badged cars, but only Fiat badged cars ? Was a struggle in the 124 Sport Spider, since it lacked the power of the Fiat Dino,but it came out good in the end :) Had no luck finding a Dino in the auction house sadly.
That was the first thing that came to my mind to. Why name it Abarth and not allow Abarth cars? Also how are those Abarth cars not qualified as Fiat?:lol:
Anyway... there is a tune for the 124 called simply Seasonal and it's so OP that make those races too easy. Even on unbeatable you will lead the pack after the second turn.

There are many players who legitimately have the max number of credits, and they haven't been banned. One YouTube video published by a player who has been banned showed their total winnings as negative, and I suspect this is the issue, there might be a calculation done that tries to relate total winnings to garage value and credits. The fact that total winnings can become negative some time after becoming maxed out seems to be a bug that has been around for a long time, including being present in FH3. I don't think there is much you can do to prevent it other than minimising use of the auction house, as total winnings going negative seems to be more likely to happen with a lot of auction house use.

That was the first thing that came to my mind to. Why name it Abarth and not allow Abarth cars? Also how are those Abarth cars not qualified as Fiat?:lol:
Anyway... there is a tune for the 124 called simply Seasonal and it's so OP that make those races too easy. Even on unbeatable you will lead the pack after the second turn.

Presume this tune is available in game from the tuning page if I do a search?

The lack of selection was a bit disappointing, but I used both the Coupe and the Spider. I would have like to have used the 595 as well and I'm not sure why you'd call the event Abarth on the Hearth and not allow Abarths.

Yes, the cars were a little slow, but I personally love using cars like this and in lower classes. It's a break from using high-powered cars all the time.

Tell me about it. I liked it better when it showed what category of cars to use but would allow us to choose what performance level to enter in. If I wanted to enter in a C-class car I could. Want to run that Honda from D-class? Sure thing. Having that amount of flexibility made me want to use more cars from my garage instead of just letting them sit.

Tell me about it. I liked it better when it showed what category of cars to use but would allow us to choose what performance level to enter in. If I wanted to enter in a C-class car I could. Want to run that Honda from D-class? Sure thing. Having that amount of flexibility made me want to use more cars from my garage instead of just letting them sit.

Good point. In the month I've been playing I've already noticed that the Seasonal events make it difficult to vary the cars you use.

In the modes outside of that, however, it's much freer.

In fact, it's the exact same scenario as Gran Turismo 6 and GTS where you always ended up with a limited choice in the Seasonal Events, and everyone defaulted to that Suzuki ?GSX-4? thingy.

I was using the auction house recently and lost out on a couple. Not a big deal except how it happened. When someone places a bid, the clock is supposed to be reset at "ending soon" which is about 30 seconds. It gives the person who was just outbid a chance to place a higher bid. But twice, I was outbid at the same moment the auction ended and I had no chance to bid higher. Are people running scripts on PCs that allow them to do this? Is it legal? Should they be reported?

Randomly just found the last of the 531 roads!

Ran a Speed Zone continued across the junction and suddenly got a message 531/531 :D

Last road was where the car is on the map 👍

20201220_230731.jpg

And something for @FT-1 :lol:

20201220_232615.jpg

So I'm now at Level 11 Speed Trap and Speed Zone hero so got my Noble for story chapter which I'll complete tonight.

Something I was thinking though but if there's another story where we have to do Speed Zone Stars again does the game still register this as complete if you have already done all the zones or should I save a couple just in case I need them for a future season.

Depending what's doing I may embark on the Season 30 Adventure tiers but overall I quite enjoyed this Summer season and plenty of time for the next two since holiday's coming up!

Something I was thinking though but if there's another story where we have to do Speed Zone Stars again does the game still register this as complete if you have already done all the zones or should I save a couple just in case I need them for a future season.
Seasonal challenges must be completed separately each season. The same goes for the weekly forzathon that ask you to complete a challenge in a specific car.
You will also recive xp (5000) each time you complete a seasonal challenge. No xp for the weekly forzathon.

Answer to Populuxe Cowboy : Auction house :
Has happenend lots of time to me as well, they are either sniping it up at the last second or using the Buyout function to buy the car before the auction ends, the only problem with the buyout function is that the cars cost alot more money than the normal " place bid " function does, but at least you will get the car, in 98,5 % of all cases.

Last edited:
PG has gifted everyone a Koenigsegg Regera in an ugly holiday sweater livery. :lol:

So that's what's waiting in my mailbox in game, I'll take it I guess since I don't have one!

Quick question about Ranked Adventure, I completed my first races in this tonight and although I came last I got to Tier 12 in Season 30 and this is now gold on the Summer playlist, can I continue to rank this up or do I have to wait for Autumn season to start on Thursday to get more goodies?

Back