Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
With Duesenberg i'd like to see also Cord, Auburn and DeSoto.
Don't forget also Tucker and Edsel, with this last one just for fun.

There's somewhere in "Create a dlc pack" thread where I had Cord and Tucker represented. Desoto is a company I always forget about as is Auburn. Edsel would be cool though, I've always loved the way they look.

And Nash, I love the Rambler Wagons :)
62243682-770-0@2X.jpg

Speaking of "deceased" Brands (out of US ones)

Bizzarrini, Delahaye, Delage, Voisin, Jensen, Iso Rivolta.... there is a lot of brands never made in Forza ^^ (i can count also Isdera as one of my wanted ones, but it's alive even today)
Sorry if i made a "Wishlisty" post.

Let's bring what's been said in this thread about a potential HW expansion together here. I'm gonna put my speculation hat on here for a second when it comes to the cars they would be adding for a Hot Wheels expansion. We've already mentioned 5 cars:

-2020 Jeep Gladiator (in the game files, Hot Wheels just released a model of it in 2020, logical successor to the '12 Wrangler Rubicon)
-1960 Porsche 356 RSR Emory (in the game files, makes sense as one of Emory's Porsche creations is already in the game)
-1957 Studebaker "Dream Roadster" (most likely this one since it's a HW Legends Tour car, exists in game files, I'd drive it all the time)
-2018 RAESR Tachyon (in the game files, was part of HW Legends tour, obscure choice if it is included without HW expansion)
-1949 Ford Dually Rat Rod (in the game files, Legends Tour, would also fit right into Forza)

I think it is entirely possible that the '57 Thunderbird would be added here because of it being previously in Forza and on the leaked list. Not only that, but Hot Wheels has made a model of the '57 for over 40 years now, and even a convertible version before that! The long-awaited '97 Venturi Atlantique that was teased a while back now would be a cool choice as well.

Another car idea I'd pitch in is the winner overall of the 2018 Legends Tour, the 2 Jet Z. It's powered by a 2JZ (hence the name), has 630 horsepower, and looks absolutely insane to drive. I know I'd be driving it all the time in this expansion (pic below!). The real-life version of the Deora II would also make sense. I'm surprised they haven't added it in as I think (besides the Loop Coupe and Baja Truck) that it's the only major real-life Hot Wheels car that hasn't been added. It's fully functional and powered by a Northstar V8 I believe.

I think this would make a pretty rounded out expansion as far as these cars and the rest of the leaked list goes. As for defunct American manufacturers, we definitely need more of those. I'm really fond of the Nash Metropolitan, Tucker 48 "Torpedo", and Studebaker Avanti myself :). We already have the Hudson Hornet (thought it be of Cars fame) so that's a step in the right direction!

Z7frBU26S2uHthGIiP1yng

Oh my, I didn't know about that. That's pretty exciting. The most recent list I've seen is the one that was the 120+ car leak from over a year ago so I was not aware of that. Thanks!
Stuff occasionally gets added with updates. I've just done another quick check and I can see the following with "hw" suffixes:
- 1972 Chevrolet Luv
- 1969 International Loadstar C1600
- 1957 Nash Metropolitan

Stuff occasionally gets added with updates. I've just done another quick check and I can see the following with "hw" suffixes:
- 1972 Chevrolet Luv
- 1969 International Loadstar C1600
- 1957 Nash Metropolitan

Ah, that's pretty awesome. The '57 Nash Metropolitan is surely last year's Legends Tour Winner:
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5dcb332ee0af7b0006b12de4%2F0x0.jpg

The Chevy LUV is most likely this custom one that was an entrant as well:

sema-2019_hot-wheels-legends-tour_tara-hurlin_driving-line-22.jpg

And the International Loadstar is this one I believe, it was also a local winner:
03667c41ce2e83565a2f2deff316c8e3.jpg

Last edited:
When I heard the rumor that HW expansion was going to be released again, I wasn't expecting it at all.
Because many of HW's iconic cars have already been added to the game, and I hated HW's very slippery plastic roads.

But I'm very excited now. A toy box of very crazy real world custom cars.
I especially can't wait for 2JetZ, International Loadstar and the cute Nash.
I wanted the Chevy LUV in stock if possible, but still this custom version is very cool too.

My only remaining concern is that they won't make many of the cars in this expansion one-time availability cars like Fortune Island and the Lego expansion.
I want to collect as many of these as "real" toy HW's!

All the Playground Games icons have disappeared from the map except the Quarry weekly event. It's not a filters thing, they completely disappeared and are actually unaccessible/unavailable to be played. :odd: Not like I was going to join Games, but it's definitely a bit odd.

itrfred2_ForzaHorizon4_20210122_06-54-10.png
itrfred2_ForzaHorizon4_20210122_06-53-52.png
itrfred2_ForzaHorizon4_20210122_06-53-36.png
itrfred2_ForzaHorizon4_20210122_06-53-19.png
itrfred2_ForzaHorizon4_20210122_06-53-02.png

Those Custom "HW Tour" cars are quite cool; it's a type of cars i don't know really well, but since Forza series is a full celebration of every aspect of "Car Culture" they deserve their spot in this game.
(and i can immagine kids when they announce those screams: why focus on those?!!! we WaNt F8Tributo, Aventador SVJ, Suprah!111111!!)

All the Playground Games icons have disappeared from the map except the Quarry weekly event. It's not a filters thing, they completely disappeared and are actually unaccessible/unavailable to be played. :odd: Not like I was going to join Games, but it's definitely a bit odd.

View attachment 986324 View attachment 986325 View attachment 986326 View attachment 986327 View attachment 986328

Any chance you are in solo mode? Because only the seasonal game has ever showed up in solo mode.

So we can deduce from leaked lists/educated guesses that the likely Hot Wheels expansion car list is (if we still are going by 10 cars in a expansion);

• 1972 Chevrolet Luv
  • 1949 Ford Dually Rat Rod
  • 2018 Hot Wheels 2 Jet Z
  • 2012 Hot Wheels Baja Truck
  • 2000 Hot Wheels Deora II
  • 1969 International Loadstar C1600
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • 1957 Nash Metropolitan
  • 2018 RAESR Tachyon
  • 1957 Studebaker "Dream Roadster"
With potentially the Porsche 356 Emory or the Venturi Atlantique as potential add-ins aswell.

Will be interesting to see if it's a completely new location or FH3's map just with seasons, and if there are any new track building elements to it.

I'm still doubtful it's an expansion. I haven't seen any convincing evidence for an actual expansion, whereas naturally the cars are proven by having files/references present (I wouldn't report on anything that didn't have some kind of proof).

If you ask me, it'll be some kind of celebratory car pack, or probably just a month or two of Hot Wheels themed Festival Playlists for some kind of tie-in, similar to how we only got Toyota/Lexus/Porsche in a couple of instances.

I'm still doubtful it's an expansion. I haven't seen any convincing evidence for an actual expansion, whereas naturally the cars are proven by having files/references present (I wouldn't report on anything that didn't have some kind of proof).

If you ask me, it'll be some kind of celebratory car pack, or probably just a month or two of Hot Wheels themed Festival Playlists for some kind of tie-in, similar to how we only got Toyota/Lexus/Porsche in a couple of instances.

I'm kind of in the same position. I think really only time will tell. I'm almost certain that they will add the cars to the game in some capacity, but it's really tough to call if it will be a full-blown expansion (As much as I hope it would be).

While Forza has never repeated a licensed expansion (or done a third one for that matter), I think that the sheer number of Hot Wheels Legends Tour cars that are present may be evidence of an incoming expansion. It would make sense, given the popularity and reception of FH3's Hot Wheels expansion. Either way, this is obviously just one of those "wait and see" moments. They'll announce it when they announce it, and knowing Turn 10 and Playground Games, it will be under wraps until a couple weeks before release.

Imagine how much potential this expansion would have with the new cars added in the game since Horizon 3, as well as the route creator and Super 7. These combined with the right map could be immensely fun. With as much as I played the original expansion, I would be sold.

Did any of you remember the Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86) having this customization when it was included? I swear I do not remember it having these foglights from Intital D. It must be new.
View attachment 986555
no not when it was added i think they secretly added the foglights sometime within couple months after the car was added into fh4

Last edited:
So we can deduce from leaked lists/educated guesses that the likely Hot Wheels expansion car list is (if we still are going by 10 cars in a expansion);

• 1972 Chevrolet Luv
  • 1949 Ford Dually Rat Rod
  • 2018 Hot Wheels 2 Jet Z
  • 2012 Hot Wheels Baja Truck
  • 2000 Hot Wheels Deora II
  • 1969 International Loadstar C1600
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • 1957 Nash Metropolitan
  • 2018 RAESR Tachyon
  • 1957 Studebaker "Dream Roadster"
With potentially the Porsche 356 Emory or the Venturi Atlantique as potential add-ins aswell.

Will be interesting to see if it's a completely new location or FH3's map just with seasons, and if there are any new track building elements to it.

willbsn13
Baja Truck and Deora II are in the game files ?
2012 Hot Wheels Baja Truck
2000 Hot Wheels Deora II

Attachments

• 2012 Hot Wheels Baja Truck.jpg
    2012 Hot Wheels Baja Truck.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 2000 Hot Wheels Deora II.jpg
    2000 Hot Wheels Deora II.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Man I wish they'd drop the HW partnership and focus on more 'real' cars - the HW expansion for FH3 was cool for the first week, then once completed it's just a bit boring. Why not focus their resources on older rally cars ? Like, I don't know, a Group A / 97-02 WRC legends pack. That'd be cooler than any HW car.

Man I wish they'd drop the HW partnership and focus on more 'real' cars - the HW expansion for FH3 was cool for the first week, then once completed it's just a bit boring. Why not focus their resources on older rally cars ? Like, I don't know, a Group A / 97-02 WRC legends pack. That'd be cooler than any HW car.
That doesn't make any sense though... We've gotten plenty of "real" cars for over two years now, soon to be three. I think T10/PG have every right to include more HW cars with said collaboration this year. Plus, they're radical vehicles with wicked/iconic designs!

Although more rally cars sounds cool, they won't really capture the interest of many than say what was posted above, especially in a game that's about open world driving.

Did any of you remember the Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86) having this customization when it was included? I swear I do not remember it having these foglights from Intital D. It must be new.
View attachment 986555
I've had those fog lights on my AE86 for about a year now. So if it was added after the car released it was pretty shortly after the car released.

Although more rally cars sounds cool, they won't really capture the interest of many than say what was posted above, especially in a game that's about open world driving.

Yeah, maybe. Never liked the HW toys anyways, might explain some things ahah. Plus these car just don't gel well with the Horizon physics, I guess - a tad too realistic for these kinda cars.
(and WRC is open world, in some way!)

Back