Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
usually when it comes to speedzones i find a ktm x-bow gt4 work really well... got most of my 3 stars in speedzones with it xbow handles really well in the speed zones, but prob be a bit more difficult in winter... haven't tested it though. thats why i went with a molser before. usually better for speedzones with higher top speed.

Last edited:
Didn't want to wait, so I bought a C8 from the Auction House for 15 mil. I'm almost at 100, so doesn't bother me to spend that much. Also just unlocked the IROC-Z.

Last edited:
when are torben tuesday clues usually posted? i know we missed the clues last month. i hope they are still planning on doing it this time.

Since it was handled by FH4 Tweeter account lately it's still possible we will get something before Monday. If nothing else they should tease something for Forza Monthly this week.
It's a good guessing game... but it's really something else when is done by Playground Games. I really miss those days when they could work at the studios. I can't wait for this to end.... :(

B716958F-C3C8-418C-804F-4F123B5F58D2.png
C82F45EE-B887-43E0-BE20-D94AA4C65643.png

Courtesy of the Casual Racing Monday Discord. :P

Edit: After converting KW to HP, The 2 Jet Z is making around 640hp, courtesy of what I assume is the same engine which the car’s name is a play on.

The Toyota 3.0 litre 2JZ. ;)

Last edited:
Looking like just a car pack at this stage, no expansion.

I was expecting HW expansion. But now I am very happy that it is a car pack.
Why? Because every car can be purchased as many times as I want!
All HW cars aren't locked behind a challenge, they're not only available once!

I'll be buying a lot of 2JetZ. I am glad that this right will not be interfered by anyone.

Well for my second winter season playlist I actually had a fun time this week with all the events but the main highlight was how surprisingly
enjoyable the Weekly Forza event using the 1973 Porsche 911 was in winter.

First time I have driven such a beast under snowy conditions but it was a very impressive drive, handling was really exceptional and got that 911 sense of satisfaction when I started to feel the rear drifting out and was able to counter steer the car to maintain my overall speed.

Road Racing series and the Dirt Series were fun but those E-Type's meant I really had to do some exceptional driving to win the event races.. 👍

I see the next weekly is also involving Porsche so my 911 will be out again on Thursday for more fun!

Last edited:
Courtesy of the Casual Racing Monday Discord. :P
FYI CRM isn’t the original source, one of the members merely shared those pics in there.

Given that AR12 has more pics I presume they have a better bead on where these images came from.

Hot Wheels was not particularly famous in Italy when I was young. At least I don't remember any of my friends ever playing with HW cars. We were more into Majorette in the 70' and later Bburago in the 80'.
Maybe that was the reason why I never got interested in HW expansion for FH3. Which is the only DLC that I miss of all Forza games that I own.
Anyway those cars look crazy and I'm willing to get them even if they won't be part of the Car Pass. And I'm still curious how did those images leaked in the first place.

I'd like:
  • A properly integrated map expansion (think the South Central add-on to Midnight Club LA), not like the context-switching of the Lego or Fortune Island expansions
  • Races where transmission-swapped cars are not allowed
  • Longer races
I would also like to see a rebalancing of the cars by class in the Eliminator

But I guess new cars is easy and sexy, so my wish list will get ignored

Last edited:
I don't necessarily think it's about ignoring requests, but moreso the reality of a game that is 2+ years past its launch. I imagine the return on investment of an updated/new map isn't worth the development resources at this point in time, as it's presumably taking resource away from their upcoming titles. No Forza title has ever been supported this far and it's clear from the last few updates that (outside of Super7) the list of changes are minimal.

New cars is nice though, and I imagine there'll be a few Achievements as well.

New cars is nice though, and I imagine there'll be a few Achievements as well.
I'm sure you're right about the achievements. I'm going to drive the heck out of the new cars. I really love the oddball cars. Some of my most popular are the Atomic Punk, Napier-Railton, anything with three wheels, etc. I have so much more fun with those than the latest variation of the latest hypercar.

The more I play NFS Heat (thanks, Gamepass) the more I appreciate how they take full advantage of their map, while in Horizon the distribution of events is uneven at best. Examples? No road drift zones within Edimburgh, just one on the outskirts to the southwest. Only one dirt circuit in Mudkickers Park (a lame one) and two dirt trails that pass through its middle (again, rather lame); No dirt circuits/trails in or around the quarry, and some dirt trails are more road than dirt (the worst one is about 81% road!); There could be so many more speed traps/zones and road circuits, I could go on. FH3 had a much better density of events accross its map.

On the subject of maps, one thing I think would be cool for PG to implement is a "heat map" that displays which parts of the map you have driven the most, whether that be in races or free roam or whatever. I'm pretty sure mine would be heavily weighted towards the northern & north eastern part of the map from above Astmoor up to Edinburg and west to the Lake Lodge. I particularly like the roads between Lakehurst Forest & Glennn Rannoch (it reminds me of New England, USA, where I'm originally from). The three houses I use by far the most are the Lake Lodge, Fairlawn Manor, and Castleview Road. I avoid the festival site like the plague, Astmoor is boring as hell, and the areas to the west of Derwent and north/west of Glen Rennoch feel to "linear" to me. I wish they had given those areas a little bit more than a single road. I kind of like Ambleside, but don't typically go over there much. Broadway is total meh. For some reason, the east/coast side of the map fills me with dread. The big forest in the center of the map has an unreal quality to me...like uncanny valley, I don't like going there.

muuvaI1.jpg

On the subject of maps, one thing I think would be cool for PG to implement is a "heat map" that displays which parts of the map you have driven the most, whether that be in races or free roam or whatever.
I am fairly certain they would have an internal heat map for analytics, showing the most popular places people drive in the game. Presumably the drag strip is one of the hotspots.

Putting it in the game for players to see would be neat, but who knows what challenges there are in integrating such a thing.

Only places I rarely visit on the map are the festival (tiresome crowd noise) and the mountains, which to me feel like an under-utilized brick wall.

Last edited:
So I've got my 599 EVO from the backstage pass finally but I am having a bit of difficulty hitting the Danger Zone jump with the snow tyres, anyone got any tips, keep sliding off in the slight corner on the way to the ramp...

Latest Posts

Back