Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
So I've got my 599 EVO from the backstage pass finally but I am having a bit of difficulty hitting the Danger Zone jump with the snow tyres, anyone got any tips, keep sliding off in the slight corner on the way to the ramp...
I usually approach straight from the ramp. And with the EVO you really don't need a lot of space to reach 165 mph enough to do the seasonal jump.
2944fa22-b654-49d2-8533-8bacf9b69518_Thumbnail.PNG

Starting here you don't need to turn at all. And you can easily hit the ramp at 170+ mph. I did it with a Summer tune (713 289 735) that I've been using since the first day I got the car. I can imagine that a Winter tune can do even better.
Just remember to hit the middle of the ramp at 165+ mph. You don't need that much speed.

I usually approach straight from the ramp. And with the EVO you really don't need a lot of space to reach 165 mph enough to do the seasonal jump.
2944fa22-b654-49d2-8533-8bacf9b69518_Thumbnail.PNG

Starting here you don't need to turn at all. And you can easily hit the ramp at 170+ mph. I did it with a Summer tune (713 289 735) that I've been using since the first day I got the car. I can imagine that a Winter tune can do even better.
Just remember to hit the middle of the ramp at 165+ mph. You don't need that much speed.

Thanks! Nailed it!

Just the winter Speed Zone left to do in my lunch break and winter will be all wrapped up again and all events completed this week bar the ranked Team Adventure stuff.

UPDATE: @Famine (case you want to include in article) the Porsche 917LH race car is this week's Super 7 Prize for completing the 7 challenges.

Last edited:
The next update will probably be revealed in a few days, but I still wonder if the next update will be HW-themed.

Yes, we already know that HW cars will be released as car packs.
However, given the updated data for cars like the RAESR Tachyon, I'm guessing that the next update will be HW-themed to celebrate the release of the HW car pack.

This is my guess of the car list for the next series.
  • 2018 RAESR Tachyon
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • 1963 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beetle

The next update will probably be revealed in a few days, but I still wonder if the next update will be HW-themed.

Yes, we already know that HW cars will be released as car packs.
However, given the updated data for cars like the RAESR Tachyon, I'm guessing that the next update will be HW-themed to celebrate the release of the HW car pack.

This is my guess of the car list for the next series.
  • 2018 RAESR Tachyon
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • 1963 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beetle

Well i hope you are wrong for the last car, if they bring back something from old games there would be better choiches, since that car it's only a reskin of the Beetle already in game, and not the original "Custom VW" from the 1st batch of HW Models in 1968.

Well i hope you are wrong for the last car, if they bring back something from old games there would be better choiches, since that car it's only a reskin of the Beetle already in game, and not the original "Custom VW" from the 1st batch of HW Models in 1968.

This may be a little bit out there, but I think the '57 Thunderbird would make a lot of sense. Hot Wheels has had a '57 hardtop casting for years (since the mid-70s I want to say) and they still use that casting today because of how popular it is. It's rare a casting has the consistent use that it's gotten over the years.

Since it's also in the leaked files as a returning car, I think it's entirely plausible that it could be in this set if they went with a Hot Wheels theme.

When it comes to the Hot Wheels Beetle, I doubt they would release it by itself without the other half-baked custom cars they had in that FM7 car pack. However, I wonder if they may bring back a missing FM7 car just to round out the list and bring it to ten cars (6 in the car pack +4 in Festival Playlist). It could really be anything, maybe the 928 GTS or something like that?

Yeah, I'm hoping it's not HW Beetle too.
But since the COVID-19 pandemic they are not able to do the job in the work environment they used to, so fewer new (or return from 360 generation) cars are being added when the series is updated.

Also, assuming that the HW car pack will be released in the next season, the amount of work they have to do to add cars to the game will be more than usual. Based on all of this, I would have guessed that one or two cars would be added from FM7.

The reason for choosing the HW Beetle was simply that there were only three HW brand cars that had not yet been added to the game: the Beetle, Camaro, and Corvette, and the Beetle was the model that differed relatively more from the base model.

Realistically speaking, it is more likely that other models would have been chosen.
For example, a car like the Dodge Super Bee or Ford Thunderbolt.

What were the game files again for the hotwheels? Obviously we know a majority, but what the seasonal events are going to behold

It would be cool if they added the cars from the 50th Anniversary collection like the Ford Ranchero, Impala and of course the Rodger Dodger :)

Last edited:
How many fantasy cars are in the game right now? I mean cars that were either toys or in video games first, even if there are real versions of them now. I’m thinking it’s Warthog, two Quartz Regalias, Quadra Turbo R, Twin Mill and Rip Rod. Am I missing any?

How many fantasy cars are in the game right now? I mean cars that were either toys or in video games first, even if there are real versions of them now. I’m thinking it’s Warthog, two Quartz Regalias, Quadra Turbo R, Twin Mill and Rip Rod. Am I missing any?

The Bone Shaker as well. I think you've covered everything else though.

The Bone Shaker as well. I think you've covered everything else though.
I was thinking the Bone Shaker was a real hot rod first, but you’re right. It’s a Hot Wheels original design.

Last edited:
I'd add the Lego cars too, they're toy replicas of real cars.

Last edited:
However the engine and chassis were based off of Chevy parts.
The real life Rip Rod uses a three-cylinder 1.0L Ford Ecoboost engine.

I'd add the Lego cars too, they're toy replicas of real cars.
I see what your saying, but to be fair, nearly every car in this game started as a real car and became a toy later. It’s just that the Lego cars are literal drivable toy cars. I’m just curious about cars that were created to be toys or video game assets first.

View attachment 990243

An image they published on Instagram.
Do you think any of these images include cars that will be added in Series 32?
I was able to identify the Mercedes SLK and the Audi TT (both models already included in the game), but could not discern any other cars from this blurred image.

Important note...

This appears to indicate a time change @Famine @AudiMan2011 which is 30 minutes earlier than previously advertised.

What's with all this people asking for cars on Twitter? :lol:
Even if for some miracle your wish could be granted or picked up you would still wait several months for them to obtain the licenses, scan the car and model it and add it to the game. Is it really that hard to understand how games are made? Anyway it's funny.
Most players don't understand racing game development.

For many racing games, the car list (including DLC) is often settled at least a year before a game is released, so there's no point in asking really :D

Latest Posts

Back