Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I just noticed the Hot Wheels car pack is in the Xbox store but you can't purchase it yet!!
does it say anything about it being included in game pass? then i can at least check it out. not really considering buying it for 10 bucks for cars i wont really use...

does it say anything about it being included in game pass? then i can at least check it out. not really considering buying it for 10 bucks for cars i wont really use...
It is not included in Game Pass or Ultimate Edition.

Well Goliath has basically no slow sections unlike the Nurburgring. With an S class car your average speed is probably close to 260km/h or higher. Pretty certain Goliath is longer. And in real life you (probably) are not driving 300km/h+
You have a point. It's really just my perception that is wrong. I just finished a lap on the Goliath at 60mph in 24,4 minutes. It is still hard to belive, but it looks like it is 24.8 miles long like stated in Rivals.

You have a point. It's really just my perception that is wrong. I just finished a lap on the Goliath at 60mph in 24,4 minutes. It is still hard to belive, but it looks like it is 24.8 miles long like stated in Rivals.

This is exactly why Rockstar limits most ground vehicle speed in GTA to ~100mph (even jets travel slower than most cars are capable of in FH4). The higher speeds shrink the world. For reference, the Horizon 4 map and the GTA V map are almost exactly the same size (50mi^2) but, to me, the GTA Map feels larger (and more like a real place) because its far more detailed and the vehicles are much slower. Now obviously constraining speed to arbitrary limits doesn't work for a racing game with licensed vehicles, so the map in an ideal world should be around twice as big to compensate. Maybe next gen with some creative applications of procedural generation. I worry a bit that the Horizon games will never escape feeling like theme-parks rather than real places though.

Last edited:
This is exactly why Rockstar limits most ground vehicle speed in GTA to ~100mph (even jets travel slower than most cars are capable of in FH4). The higher speeds shrink the world. For reference, the Horizon 4 map and the GTA V map are almost exactly the same size (50mi^2) but, to me, the GTA Map feels larger (and more like a real place) because its far more detailed and the vehicles are much slower. Now obviously constraining speed to arbitrary limits doesn't work for a racing game with licensed vehicles, so the map in an ideal world should be around twice as big to compensate. Maybe next gen with some creative applications of procedural generation. I worry a bit that the Horizon games will never escape feeling like theme-parks rather than real places though.
I was just comparing GTA 5s map and FH4s map in my head the other day and to me GTA5 also seems like its a bigger map. Its more varied and seems more spread out.

Looks like the Forza Feedback survey thing isn't dead after all. Maybe they will actually do something with it this time instead of tweeting about it once and never mentioning it again, haha.

Looks like the Forza Feedback survey thing isn't dead after all. Maybe they will actually do something with it this time instead of tweeting about it once and never mentioning it again, haha.

I signed up for it. I live near Turn 10 studios in Redmond, so there is a chance I might get called in for some in-person game research.

Since MS has offices all over the world, I hope T10 will work with them to make these surveys available in various languages.
Their official community and these researches are only available in English, so users who are not good at English have little chance to use these services.
I have a lot of friends who are hardcore Forza fans, but many of them are not good at English, so even if they know about these researches, they don't participate and almost never post on the forums.

Last edited:
It is not included in the Game Pass.

Most likely fake, but thought I'd share this here to see if anyone thinks we could see FH5 in 2021?

images (2).jpeg

Those are satelite images of the Tokyo Bay with some roads drawn on top. I need something more convincing. I can buy the next location to be in Japan, but that map...

It's a Fake.
That image, like strela said, it's a satelite view of Tokyo Bay.
Although like a lot of people me wants a Horizon in Japan, and if they will made that, hoping to see Kei Cars and other Japanese typical cars in game :D

So I have a general question but the Drivatar AI in Forza Horizon 4 'frustrates' me sometimes.

I was finishing off the Porsche Forzathon week which requires you to win 3 races in the Dirt Series so I thought should be straightforward enough.

Picked Mortimer Gardens Scramble and I have the difficult set on Highly Skilled since I can't compete any higher and I have a Tune for B at 700 points but cannot do better than 2nd so had to lower the difficultly to get a win.

I think the car was on Dirt Tyres but could have been racing but I presume the reason I struggle is because wrong tyre compound, if so then I have to give hats off to the developers because I'm now starting to appreciate/think of tyre choices when I do stuff in the game.

The font is the correct one for Horizon's map, but I'm guessing it's a generic one and not custom made for PG?

So I have a general question but the Drivatar AI in Forza Horizon 4 'frustrates' me sometimes.

I was finishing off the Porsche Forzathon week which requires you to win 3 races in the Dirt Series so I thought should be straightforward enough.

Picked Mortimer Gardens Scramble and I have the difficult set on Highly Skilled since I can't compete any higher and I have a Tune for B at 700 points but cannot do better than 2nd so had to lower the difficultly to get a win.

I think the car was on Dirt Tyres but could have been racing but I presume the reason I struggle is because wrong tyre compound, if so then I have to give hats off to the developers because I'm now starting to appreciate/think of tyre choices when I do stuff in the game.

I'm not a fan of the Mortimer Gardens races. There are a few too many random elements in them for me. Whenever I need to win a dirt event, I go to the farm that's about half way down the motorway. Check your car is setup for the event, with the right tyres and the right suspension.

One thing that may work for you is to colour-code your cars. When you're doing the online races, you frequently have to choose a car quickly. So I have taken to painting my rally cars forest green, with orange wheels. My road cars I paint midnight blue with silver/grey wheels. Being able to find the right type of car quickly has been a real bonus

That map of Japan looks to be a 1:1 recreation of Yokohama and the surrounding area, something PG has never done before. Even if this map isn’t real, I hope Japan is the next location. Not only because I think it would be fun, but because I’ve actually been there, specifically the Yokohama area.

PG didn’t take advantage of the French/Italian setting of FH2 to introduce more French and Italian cars, but FH3 was loaded with Australian cars new to the franchise, and FH4 has done the same for British cars. So if FH5 is set in Japan, I have confidence it will be loaded with new Japanese cars.

The question is which game is coming to market first, Horizon or Motorsport? FM7 came out in 2017. FH4 came out in 2018. It seems unlikely T10 would introduce both replacements in the same year. So if FH5 comes out this year as mentioned above, that would push FM8 (or whatever they’re calling it) out to 2022, five years after the last installment. That seems like a long time for their flagship title.

That map of Japan looks to be a 1:1 recreation of Yokohama and the surrounding area,
I was there irl 4 times. The Tokyo bay is large enough to fit the whole FH4 map, I think. You have Yokohama on one side an Chiba on the other with Tokyo in the middle. But it's really just one huge city. You can't really tell where one city end and another begins.
I know everything is possible in a game, but why would PG use the name Yokohama without mentioning Tokyo? It doesn't make sense, imo.

881.64 Mb on my OG XB1. I’m guessing they didn’t get the Season 32 fix done on time and this is going to be the standby season. Hopefully I’m wrong.

2GB exactly on PC, and the two new Mustangs are there. Just barely too early for the season change, but it seems like it'll be fine.

The difference in update size between the different consoles makes me afraid to start up the game. They previously said there were problems, after all.

Last edited:
I know everything is possible in a game, but why would PG use the name Yokohama without mentioning Tokyo? It doesn't make sense, imo.
They’ve never used the largest city. FH3 had Surfers Paradise but made no mention of Brisbane, the much larger city next door. Using Yokohama instead of Tokyo is entirely believable based on previous games.

2GB exactly on PC, and the two new Mustangs are there. Just barely too early for the season change, but it seems like it'll be fine.
Yeah, it’s the correct Series 32 update. I’m going after my GT500 right now.

Still no sign of the Hot Wheels DLC, though.

Latest Posts

Back