Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Yeah, OK, that Emory 356 is diabolical. Also considering how unique each 356 variant in the game is -- the racing-spec Gmund special with the enclosed fenders, the convertible Speedster, the coupe Super, the stripped-and-lightened '64 Emory Special, and now this new one that looks halfway to a 959 -- there's more variety under that model than people are giving it credit for. Definitely beats all the recent-gen Mustang variants for character IMO.

Last edited:
Almost thought that was the Camaro and they were joking. Didn't know the Firebird share so much with the Chevy. Also glad it's the RSR we are getting. Definitely a crazy mod. Also it will come in S1 class stock. Interesting. Definitely the RSR is my favorite of two.

In the stream, I feel bad for the person who made that 30 minute Zerouno Super7 challenge. They voted it down because it was so easy, but they didn’t get that the creator was giving them 30 minutes to just enjoy an exotic car that not everyone has yet.

I also find it funny how they pronounce “Celica” as “Seh-LEE-ka.”

Playground Games gave an update on the Super7 High Stakes feature in the April 1st livestream:
High Stakes every time you complete a challenge you build up prizes in a pool, and when faced with a challenge that looks too difficult, you can either choose to take your prize pool and walk away, or complete the next three challenge in three attempts or lose your entire prize pool.
This feature is still "coming soon."

From the official forums, here is some information about Super7 High Stakes, as compiled by ManteoMax.

Well, they'll probably lock the DB7 Zagato and Lincoln Mark VII behind this mode anyway.
I was looking forward to the Lincoln, but I've given up on it. Suit yourself.

I also kind of pronounce it that way, and more especially the Hamster (Richard Hammond) on that Top Gear episode (which is what he referred to Jeremy Clarkson's Lexus LFA).

Either way I wish I could get my hands on that Emory 356 Outlaw, if only my Xbox One's power supply wasn't messing with me where I missed out on the Shelby 1000, RAESR Tachyon Speed and some others...

Last edited:
Even if it's time for FH5 it certainly isn't time for a game to be released. We all know that it will pass several months between reveal and release. And it doesn't look like the reveal is around the corner ether. Best case scenario for a reveal would be June or July. "Just release the next game!" It's not how it works in game industry.

I also kind of pronounce it that way
That's because that's how it's pronounced. The Japanese is literally セ (se) リ(ri) カ (ka); for it to be "sellyka" it would need to be セ (se) ッリ (rri) カ (ka).

Last edited:
That's because that's how it's pronounced. The Japanese is literally セ (se) リ(ri) カ (ka); for it to be "sellyka" it would need to be セ (se) ッリ (rri) カ (ka).
It kind of make sense since it's how the Japanese pronounce it.
I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. I was pointing out the British pronounce Celica with a heavy accent on the middle syllable, which is wrong. Here’s a Japanese ad where you can hear the pronunciation of Celica.

It has the same cadence as Subaru or any other three syllable Japanese word, with equal weight given to all three syllables.

For another example, here’s some old US ads for Subaru.

They keep saying “su-BAR-ru” which is something we do in English, heavily accent the middle syllable. But you can also hear how wrong it is. The same with pronouncing Celica “ce-LI-ca”.

Edit: I’m going to die on this hill, aren’t I? Oh well.

Last edited:
Edit: I’m going to die on this hill, aren’t I? Oh well.
Yup :D

As far as I'm aware, the British pronunciation of Celica is seh-li-kah, just as in that clip (although we don't have the characteristic lallation) not Celiika or the weird US Cellika (or even the really weird European Shellika/Chellika), and we pronounce Subaru as sue-bah-rue, not subaaahru, or whatever the hell they're saying in that clip.

I'm bored with FH4 all together at this point, every seasonal thing is just the same thing over and over that I've done before. It's a great game but it's time for FH5.
Not going to happen for at least a few more years. The rebooted Forza Motorsport is the upcoming game.

I hope no one needs the rabbit outfit. Easter Buggy, the co-op trial, is for B700 Offroad Buggies. For some reason, Team Drivatar is set to Unbeatable instead of the usual Highly Skilled, and they are taking that 🤬 seriously. I have the outfit, but this is going to kill my 100% seasonal completion streak. There’s just no beating them.

I hope no one needs the rabbit outfit. Easter Buggy, the co-op trial, is for B700 Offroad Buggies. For some reason, Team Drivatar is set to Unbeatable instead of the usual Highly Skilled, and they are taking that 🤬 seriously. I have the outfit, but this is going to kill my 100% seasonal completion streak. There’s just no beating them.
The Trial is always set to Unbeatable. It was never set to Highly Skilled. It's just that Buggies on Unbeatable are the hardes, imo. Now couple that with Cross Country where tha AI just ignore most of the obstacles and you have your worst nightmare. If you haven't tried it, the VW Baja Bug is probably the best car for this event. But then you need a good team too. Maybe it's better to forget about it.

The Trial is always set to Unbeatable. It was never set to Highly Skilled. It's just that Buggies on Unbeatable are the hardes, imo. Now couple that with Cross Country where tha AI just ignore most of the obstacles and you have your worst nightmare. If you haven't tried it, the VW Baja Bug is probably the best car for this event. But then you need a good team too. Maybe it's better to forget about it.
I did finally beat it, but mostly on my own. I used the Desert Dingo Stock Bug. Our team lost the first race and everyone quit but me. I finished second in the second race (for a 500-150 points win) and third in the third race (400-250] to win the championship 2-1. It took me about six tries before I finally got it.

Yeah, OK, that Emory 356 is diabolical. Also considering how unique each 356 variant in the game is -- the racing-spec Gmund special with the enclosed fenders, the convertible Speedster, the coupe Super, the stripped-and-lightened '64 Emory Special, and now this new one that looks halfway to a 959 -- there's more variety under that model than people are giving it credit for. Definitely beats all the recent-gen Mustang variants for character IMO.
Also, Forza's Shannon McIntosh interviewed Rod Emory at SEMA back in 2019 with the Porsche 356 RSR Emory Outlaw. Two years before it was added to Forza Horizon 4. The interview is at 2:47.

The Quadra from Cyberpunk 2077 is getting several fixes with the season 34 update. PG had been working with an early version of the car so some things like headlights, reverse lights and cockpit displays are different in Horizon compared to the finished version in Cyberpunk. Those will all get fixed with the update making the car in Horizon identical to the car in Cyberpunk.

As was the case with Supra and AE86, their correction of errors in modeling and other aspects of the car depends on the amount of attention to the error, or in other words, the buzz and popularity of the car.

Look at the Countach, it always had the correct taillights until FH4, then suddenly in FH4 they put Altezza taillights on the Countach.
As a Countach enthusiast I am saddened by this, but this is still the case after 2 years.

1f6d61c1-534b-400d-ab86-1ebe0daa0650.jpg

As was the case with Supra and AE86, their correction of errors in modeling and other aspects of the car depends on the amount of attention to the error, or in other words, the buzz and popularity of the car.

Which needs to change. Solving model inaccuracies is the least they can do after having gone through the trouble of obtaining license from major players like Ford / Shelby. PG must respect their property.

Forza would be better off not even working with other developers on things like the Quadra. I read Cyperpunk 2077 was a disaster to the point where the PS Store wouldn't even sell it shortly after launch, so focusing on good relations with actual car manufacturers seems like the way to go.

Last edited:
Look at the Countach, it always had the correct taillights until FH4, then suddenly in FH4 they put Altezza taillights on the Countach.
I'm sorry for the stupid question. What's the difference between FH4 and FH3 again? They look the same to me... Also doesn't Altezza have round taillights? I'm confused.
I know you guys see the differences. I just can't, uffy. And I even had a poster of the LP5000 at some point. Shame on me.

The Countach up to FH3 (FM7) had red rear reflectors.
This is also true for the real Countach and is the correct model.

194.jpg

(Image from IGCD)

However, on the FH4, the rear reflectors are now gray, regardless of the body color.
This mistake has been pointed out on the official forums and elsewhere since the early days of the release, but it has yet to be fixed (and will never be fixed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altezza_lights
For more information about Altezza Lights, see this Wikipedia article.

Two "meh" series in a row, although I could care less about new cars if we had somewhere new to drive.

The texture bug affects many cars, just the ones I've noticed., Focus RS mk1, RX8, Evo X, Diablo SV, '87 Firebird, Golf R mk6, F430, '69 Camaro and LFA, plus the ones pictured.
476aa3a5-c7c3-4715-8bcc-6799bb84b9ee.jpg
66e48f22-8ddb-4453-b2ca-f8a62e2883da.jpg
90a6d02b-28ee-43a6-a16b-54d9959e22a2.jpg
0152af0b-97d9-497c-8f60-f580e1b62743.jpg

The Countach up to FH3 (FM7) had red rear reflectors.
This is also true for the real Countach and is the correct model.

View attachment 1001714
(Image from IGCD)

However, on the FH4, the rear reflectors are now gray, regardless of the body color.
This mistake has been pointed out on the official forums and elsewhere since the early days of the release, but it has yet to be fixed (and will never be fixed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altezza_lights
For more information about Altezza Lights, see this Wikipedia article.

The whole countach model looks off to me (the asset predates FM3). Like the body is weirdly truncated, especially at the nose.

Real
cover-8.jpg

Forza.
1569707726_lamborghini-countach-lp5000-qv-25.jpg

It's like the whole car is just a little too bulky versus the real car which is so so elegant and refined. This is another one that is like 90% right but falls into the uncanny, kit car valley to me. Its very clearly a Countach, but its a clunky one. Sadly I can't unsee it and as a result, I don't ever use the Countach.

The whole countach model looks off to me (the asset predates FM3). Like the body is weirdly truncated, especially at the nose.

Real
cover-8.jpg

Forza.
1569707726_lamborghini-countach-lp5000-qv-25.jpg

It's like the whole car is just a little too bulky versus the real car which is so so elegant and refined. This is another one that is like 90% right but falls into the uncanny, kit car valley to me. Its very clearly a Countach, but its a clunky one. Sadly I can't unsee it and as a result, I don't ever use the Countach.
I just don’t see it. In fact, if anything, you’ve convinced me of how accurate the model is. I honestly think it’s all in your head. You’ve convinced yourself it’s off-model, and despite the visual evidence to the contrary, you can’t see it any other way.

Back