Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
VXR
Absolutely no desire for the DeLorean at all. Ugly as sin, crap engine and apart from the BttF fandom, a footnote in coke-fueled excess.
Not to mention DeLorean not being happy about Clarkson's description of the DMC-12 in Forza Motorsport 4.

New cars mentioned in the files:
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator
- 1960 Porsche 356 RSR Emory
- 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk (has a "HW" suffix but I can't find any evidence of a Hot Wheels version)

Also the RAESR Tachyon has had references to some audio files in one of the XMLs for ages, they didn't exist until the most recent update, so that might be coming soon.

1960 Porsche 356 RSR Emory was found in the files.

I’m guessing the emojis aren’t “suicidal cowboy” but “outlaw” which is how Emory describes the type of Porsches he builds. I love Porsches, especially air-cooled Porsches. It’s just that there are still so many factory models I would prefer over these rich boy toys. I’d love a ‘65 356 SC with the optional 4 cam Carrera engine. I’d also like a ‘65 911, the purest of the 911s with no wings or turbos or awd. We still haven’t gotten the 904 aka Carrera GTS from FM7 in Horizon yet. In more recent water-cooled 911s, the 2010 911 Sport Classic last seen in FM4 is a heartbreaker we’re still not getting in Horizon. I don’t hate the Singers and Emorys. I just really prefer actual Porsches to someone else’s interpretation of what a Porsche should be.

1968 Firebird is a random choice compared to the leaked cars we have seen. I would actually prefer the 2002 Firebird if we must have another Pontiac.

Two cars again eh? I think we're getting very close to FH5 this year! :D

Edit: Having tuned vehicles get added to Forza is like a throwback to the older Forzas having such vehicles be included. Won't it be cool if we also got the Supra's modified cousins like the Top Secret Supra back in FM4? Maybe it's better to have those as customizable parts instead?

On that note, I've always loved the Porsche 356. I really hope the 2009 Nissan Versa SL can get added back to Forza someday. :(

Last edited:
This would be the most disappointing update to me personally since the game came out, another 356 and another classic muscle car, they’re just not that interesting to me, but I hope others will enjoy them.

I’ll stupidly hope this is an April Fool’s tease and we’ll get more and better additions than just those two, lemme be an idiot and say we’ll get the SF90 Stradale, Sián, new RS6 Avant and new Supra as well :P

I’m guessing the emojis aren’t “suicidal cowboy” but “outlaw” which is how Emory describes the type of Porsches he builds. I love Porsches, especially air-cooled Porsches. It’s just that there are still so many factory models I would prefer over these rich boy toys. I’d love a ‘65 356 SC with the optional 4 cam Carrera engine. I’d also like a ‘65 911, the purest of the 911s with no wings or turbos or awd. We still haven’t gotten the 904 aka Carrera GTS from FM7 in Horizon yet. In more recent water-cooled 911s, the 2010 911 Sport Classic last seen in FM4 is a heartbreaker we’re still not getting in Horizon. I don’t hate the Singers and Emorys. I just really prefer actual Porsches to someone else’s interpretation of what a Porsche should be.

Kind of agree with you there, but also a bit on the fence about these modern interpretations of classics. I love it when a company like Singer decides to build what they think is the ultimate expression of a 911 and they have done an incredible job with everything they make. I also adore the Alphaholics GTA-R 290 and the Polestar P1800 Cyan. These all feel like refined versions of the original. Modernised, but not that big of change of character. And personally, I think Emory takes it too far, especially with the Outlaw 356 RSR.

Having said that, I do welcome these relatively unknown vehicles to Forza. Forza has always been a celebration of car culture and should continue to be so. Personally, I also don't really care for Formula Drift or Hoonigan, but they sure deserve their place in Forza. The more the merrier :D

The Emory 356 RSR would make the 5th 356 variant in the game...and the 4th added since launch. Am I the only one that thinks that's a bit excessive? Surely there are more Porsche models to choose from than an infinite variety of 356's.

My biggest issue with the custom-built Porsche cars being added is the fact they repeatedly get prioritized over legendary stuff like the Porsche 964 Turbo S, which is already modelled and the only model missing to have all generations of the 911 family represented in FH4. Fill the obvious gaps already.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm disagreeing there are too many 356s in the game now. But we have to also remember that these 356s were on the leaked list as well (excluding the one that was DLC). I imagine PG wants to save the unique models for FH5 to drive more people in (pun intended).

But if there is a chance, we can hopefully get the other Porsches before that time comes. 👍

If only there was a Porsche that isn’t another version of a 911 or a 356 or whatever, looks beautiful, is a hot new release, has great performance, is requested quite a lot by the community and is also electric, which would make it one of the few purposeful and useable electric cars in the game...
2019-taycan-turbo_s.jpg

Oh wait...

My biggest issue with the custom-built Porsche cars being added is the fact they repeatedly get prioritized over legendary stuff like the Porsche 964 Turbo S, which is already modelled and the only model missing to have all generations of the 911 family represented in FH4. Fill the obvious gaps already.

Not to mention the still-missing 924 Carrera S and 928 GTS, as well as the other missing from the 360 era like the 986 and 987 Boxster, the 987 Cayman (and R variant), and the 997 911 Sport Classic.

I'd even argue that some of the missing 911 variants deserve a slot in this game (maybe like the 991 R, the 996 GT2, and 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive). I think the 356 RSR Emory is a cool car, but Porsche has such a wide selection of other models not currently in Forza (or missing for some reason!) that really should be getting priority.

My heart hurts for the 928 and 964 :(

That Emory looks like a beast, so I don't mind it too much, but I'm also daydreaming about what it'd be like if a Forza game had that level of visual customization for a bunch of the base models. It's a total pipe dream; aside from whether the manufacturers would even be cool with depicting that level of transforming their cars with non-OEM parts, stuff like vastly increased bodykit parts (and even an NFS-style "autosculpt") or full interior teardowns for racing-style cockpits seems like a ton of time to invest. Being able to create your own visually distinct restomod would be the best addition to the franchise since the whole vinyl system, but who knows how practical that would even be.

Not to mention the still-missing 924 Carrera S and 928 GTS, as well as the other missing from the 360 era like the 986 and 987 Boxster, the 987 Cayman (and R variant), and the 997 911 Sport Classic.

I'd even argue that some of the missing 911 variants deserve a slot in this game (maybe like the 991 R, the 996 GT2, and 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive). I think the 356 RSR Emory is a cool car, but Porsche has such a wide selection of other models not currently in Forza (or missing for some reason!) that really should be getting priority.

My heart hurts for the 928 and 964 :(

We'll now have five 356s and not a single 964 nor Boxster of any kind. I guess those aren't hot on the 'gram these days...:indiff:

edit: I'm clearly not the first person to express such sentiment. :lol: But seriously, are that many people really into 356s? I've always thought they had pretty limited appeal. 3 Caymans, 5 356s. What?

Last edited:
It's kinda funny seeing how people get upset over 5 356s but than be totally fine with what, 7 6th generation Mustangs. It must be a US thing.
Anyway I'm not impressed with both cars, but I won't complain since I don't know much about them and will be a new discovery for me. I think they will come in C or B class so that is a huge plus for me. Also that RSR look dope.

I think both are overkill, but one of the reasons I have more negative feelings about the 356 than the Mustang is the difference in car listings between the two companies in FH4.

Needless to say, Ford is the brand that gets the most love from developers in Forza.
Of course, there are still many cars missing, but they still have a variety of different models.
Porsche is also a similarly brand, but this one has an excessive number of variants of some of its cars, while there are also a noticeable number of models that have never appeared in the game.
If they had already added the missing models like the 964, 924, 928, 904 and Boxster to the game, I wouldn't be so sick of the 356 and Cayman variants.

You have a point and I understand why people get frustrated. It's just funny to me how we all react differently. When the GT500 came everyone seems so happy. But for me it was like... Another Ford? Another Mustang? For real?
Anyway FH4 have so many cars already that it doesn't matter much to me which car will be added next. I'm happy that they still support the game and that is really the only thing that matters to me.

You have a point and I understand why people get frustrated. It's just funny to me how we all react differently. When the GT500 came everyone seems so happy. But for me it was like... Another Ford? Another Mustang? For real?
Anyway FH4 have so many cars already that it doesn't matter much to me which car will be added next. I'm happy that they still support the game and that is really the only thing that matters to me.
I was extremely happy that Forza gave the Aussie cars (Holden, Ford Australia, etc.) the love they needed and deserved since Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3.

It's kinda funny seeing how people get upset over 5 356s but than be totally fine with what, 7 6th generation Mustangs. It must be a US thing.
Anyway I'm not impressed with both cars, but I won't complain since I don't know much about them and will be a new discovery for me. I think they will come in C or B class so that is a huge plus for me. Also that RSR look dope.

Curious if you are referring to me (as one of two American flag bearing members who noted there are now 5 356s) considering I said this a few weeks ago...

I bet this was a very easy vehicle for PG to include, but at the same time...why bother? Is it really different from the other GT500 from that generation? I would have been happier with the SN95 Mustang Cobra that we had in FH3, if they just had to do another mustang. By my count there are now 19 Mustangs in the game, which seems like a little too many - it's more than the entire lineup (each) for:

Honda
Mazda
Toyota
Alfa Romeo
Aston Martin
Jaguar

Mustangs also makeup like 20% of the backstage pass cars at present.

Well with the firebird confirmed, it looks like speculations of us getting a delorean car were technically correct ;). Overall, even though there are a number of cars my heart yearns the return for (looking at you Alpine GTA..), seeing the game still supported at this point is nice in general, and gives me hope there’s always next month!

Also although most of the race cars are likely reserved for the next forza proper, I’m wondering if at this point any majority (i.e. mostly german, american, etc) of the leaked cars could give a clue to the next location for horizon.

Last edited:
Curious if you are referring to me (as one of two American flag bearing members who noted there are now 5 356s) considering I said this a few weeks ago...
My bad. I should have mentioned that most of those comments I read on Twitter, not here. Also I was thinking more of a muscle culture that we don't really have here in Europe but is pretty popular in US. Again, my bad for poor wording.

Super7 prize car - Rossion Q1
Forzathon shop:
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 - 600 FP
1926 Bugatti Type 35C - 350 FP
Glam Boots
Spring Beanie

Back