Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Anyone have a good strategy for the Rail Yard Danger sign??? My usual "Take the Funco and gun it" isn't working like it usually does
What's the best car and run up for the Seasonal speed trap? I keep getting close with the Ultima and the Roundabout entry.
I used the Koenigsegg Agera RS for both. Best combination of outright speed and downforce.

Anyone have a good strategy for the Rail Yard Danger sign??? My usual "Take the Funco and gun it" isn't working like it usually does

Fully modded Mosler with rally suspension and winter tires and a healthy run-up.

What's the best car and run up for the Seasonal speed trap? I keep getting close with the Ultima and the Roundabout entry.

Fully modder Mosler with it's race suspension and winter tires. Lower the car all the way and crank the aero all the way up.

Both of those challenges I got after just a couple attempts, which is odd since it typically takes me forever on the speed traps.

=====

With the Online Adventure, to get ranked do I need to do 10 team races and 10 free-for alls? Or just 10 of one of them? Also how in the hell do you find Online Adventure games? Yesterday it searched for 10 minutes before it found a session with 12 players that accepted and that makes an awful time sink even more of a time sink. Oh and whoever thought S2 998 cars on dirt racing or cross country was a good idea needs to go straight to hell. Those are terrible since, well, nothing suited to those events come close to that number.

I used the Koenigsegg Agera RS for both. Best combination of outright speed and downforce.
The Aventador FE, without further modifications or tunes, just mind the understeer when gunning for your run to the speed trap. Also nailed the danger sign on the first try.

Last edited:
With the Online Adventure, to get ranked do I need to do 10 team races and 10 free-for alls? Or just 10 of one of them? Also how in the hell do you find Online Adventure games? Yesterday it searched for 10 minutes before it found a session with 12 players that accepted and that makes an awful time sink even more of a time sink. Oh and whoever thought S2 998 cars on dirt racing or cross country was a good idea needs to go straight to hell. Those are terrible since, well, nothing suited to those events come close to that number.
You only need to qualify for ranked in one of them. I've had the same problem as you trying to get into online adventure games. The other day I had 90 minutes free before I had to get to work, but it took 60 minutes before it finally got me into a game. Either not enough people would sign up, or I would get disconnected after choosing my car. It was frustrating as hell.

I am going to do playground games either tonight or tomorrow. After that I'll have the Capri. If anyone wants it DM me and I'll try to get it to you.

Okay, the Festival Playlist is showing me at 80% complete for the series progress, but it's not giving me the Capri FE.

Okay, the Festival Playlist is showing me at 80% complete for the series progress, but it's not giving me the Capri FE.
I've had this happen on a single week before; I think it's a rounding issue, and it will probably pop after you get your next daily Forzathon objective, or any other increase in progress.

Same here. When I was working out how much I'd have to do to get the Capri the other day, I reckoned I would need tomorrow's daily as well as all of the other events. So I'll worry then if it doesn't pop!

Currently have 100%, 100%, 95% and 24%. So 319% / 4 = 79.75%.

Koenigsegg Agera RS + Don Joewong Song Tune = Insanity

Seriously, this car is probably as much as a beast as the Mosler! I crushed both the Speed Trap and Zone along with others laying around. Some of them I can't do until the snow melts, but going 280 down the highway... wow...

Also, almost at 50% total. So the F50 is mine :)
Wish the same could be said for the Capri :(

I really hate these tiny thumbnail images they give us for previewing car designs. Every time I download a new design, I have to do a 360° review of the car to make sure it doesn't have any swastikas or a confederate flag or "14/88" or any other BS on it. I downloaded a design for my '65 GTO a couple days ago, and after looking it over, I found a big "**** YOU" on the back of the car. So I reported it for offensive content. But now I can't delete any designs from my garage. Not just that one design. All of them. I can't delete any of them. I have no idea why.

Done the three seasonal championships, the showcase remix and the two dailies, I'm at 39% with the seasonal events and the Transit van challenge to do, not really interested in the online multiplayer adventure things.

Oh and whoever thought S2 998 cars on dirt racing or cross country was a good idea needs to go straight to hell. Those are terrible since, well, nothing suited to those events come close to that number.

I use an F40C with an AWD conversion, winter tyres and rally suspension which takes it up to 994 (obviously with further upgrades for power and so on), that does quite well in rally racing but really you want something that can do a decent job of offroading regardless of what discipline the races are because of the freeroam rushes in between. The F40C isn't really that, but it doesn't come dead last either. It's also great in winter road and street racing adventures but not so great on tarmac in good weather, so I've built two more (couldn't not make use of the awesome community livery reproductions I found); one RWD and one AWD. I have an X class one too but I'm not sure why.

I really hate these tiny thumbnail images they give us for previewing car designs.

Yet another thing that needs to be overhauled - consoles, PCs and internet connections can handle more than that tiny thumbnail these days, as evidenced by other games.

Another thing that (possibly unreasonably) annoys me about the thumbnails is the weirdly inconsistent way in which they're generated, sometimes two cars that are the same colour will vary in shininess, or somehow the thumbnail will be a bit bigger for one than the other or offset to one side - it just seems (and is) amateurish, but that's been part of the Forza DNA for years. Still, if they spent time fixing that instead of the other stuff, everyone (me included) would question their priorities.

Well, today’s daily challenge was enough to tip the scales and I now finally have a Ford Capri FE for myself. :drool:

Already replaced the 2.0 I4 Turbo it came with for the 5.2 Voodoo V8 and 4WD and is now sitting pretty at S1 900.

Small note, the Playlist hasn’t updated with the Capri FE counted as won yet.

They sold them as the Perana in the SA with a V8.

Well, got to 50% last night... We'll see how motivated I am tonight. **** the AI, took me over an hour of restarting to beat the first race to get the Lotus, not going to pretend I'm going to be able to complete the trials and have no interest in any of the online modes... Just gotta hope I never desire any of the 80% plus cars...

But God that sucked, the fact that I kept being taunted by that Levante that I bought as DLC in FM7 and is unobtainable in FH4...

Well, I think I only got a another two days before my gamepass expires and so far not motivated to renew.

Completing the one daily Forzathon challenge this morning was all I needed to get over 80% for the series.

Last edited:
I lucked out on the Trial! Good team and good driving :)

I even managed podium on all 3 races! Now I need to do the PGG (which I probably won't do), keep doing Adventures to qualify, and finish up the Daily Forzathons. It won't be enough to get to the Capri, but at least the F50 is practically in my garage now.

Man I made a great car for the trial. I used the Bugatti Type 35, converted to AWD, put race tires, and widened them. Maxed out suspension then just beefed the engine until it hit 700. It will be pretty slow on the straights but you can take those 90 degree corners at about 80. You will blow past everyone.

I just managed to do my first 50% play list shows how bothered I am in this feature I didn't do the previous one's:tdown: But I am going to do next weeks because of the BMW Z4 a car I desperately want in my collection.

Well that's a new one for me, the opposing team during a playground game spawned right over my team's flag position, rendering it pretty much impossible to actually pick up a flag...

I don't think I'll be bothering with that one then. I hate the mini-games anyway.

Playground games would probably be fairer and more interesting with default class-based vehicles rather than letting everyone roll up in whatever random unsuited car they want to.

Like, I dunno the first Horizon

Playground games would probably be fairer and more interesting with default class-based vehicles rather than letting everyone roll up in whatever random unsuited car they want to.

Like, I dunno the first Horizon
You could use whatever car you wanted in the first Horizon, they just provided a default car for each performance class if you didn't have or didn't choose one of your own. Didn't stop people from turning up in unsuitable cars. However, the scoring was based on individual performance rather than teams, so it didn't hurt you if others chose poorly.

Latest Posts

Back