Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Happy New Year all.

The giveaway was only good for one car for me, the AM PO.

On the off chance I checked the Auction House for a Capri FE. There was one there with a Buyout of 237,000 credits, so panic briefly set in and I forgot what to do! Finally pressed Y and did a Buyout which, much to my surprise, was successful! People must have been suffering from too much New Years Eve!

Not liking the gearing I unset the sellers set up and bought some more parts (it already had the 2 litre Turbo engine). Full Aero and a tuned gearbox and top speed now exceeds 160mph. Saved that and did an AWD version (less power but better accelleration). Still good for 160mph on that downhill stretch between the Festival site and Broadway.

Unreal unicorn you managed to get :eek:

For the next 19 hours, you can get the AMC Rebel for 500 FP or the Aston One-77 for 450.

Finally won the Cougar! Now I don't have to play Eliminator anymore (I might still once in a while).

How frequent do you guys think PG will add the other Toyota cars, along with Lexus and Scion, before the next Forza Motorsport gets announced next year? I've been wondering about this ever since they added the Supra back.

No idea but I only hope they won't be milking Toyota in small steps for future Festival Playlist objectives. Just add the cars when they're ready like it was done for Mitsubishi.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n4...ame-on-xbox-in-2019?__twitter_impression=true

Most played game on Xbox according to trueachievments. Very impressed by the position of Horizon 4, although they don't check every Xbox gamer it seems. Didn't know this at the time of the post, sorry.

Anyway, it's impressive regardless, since FH4 has about 12 million players and I don't see the growth of the franchise stopping soon.

No idea but I only hope they won't be milking Toyota in small steps for future Festival Playlist objectives. Just add the cars when they're ready like it was done for Mitsubishi.
Speaking of, are they ever going to expand the Mitsubishi range? I'd like to see the newer Eclipse.
2012-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-SE-front-view.jpg

I have never posted in this sub-forum before, nor have I even been in it... Until now. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but after I saw AR12 play Forza Horizon 4 on a laptop, I thought I should get it for my computer. My brother ended up buying the complete edition of the game as he has a Microsoft account (and I don't). So we got all the DLC packs included for just $70. Absolute bargain. We don't have an Xbox controller to plug into the computer, but my brother had downloaded DS4Windows so the game could be operate with a PlayStation 4 controller. We managed to get that working, so I'm getting a true comparison with GT Sport! I know I'm a bit late to the party but here are my first impressions: The physics are really solid and plenty of feedback is given through the controller. Much more than The Crew, NFS and Grid. However the steering can get extremely loose sometimes, which is a pain but can be managed through some throttle control. It's probably the best arcade game I've ever played, as it's very entertaining, very vibrant and very well put together. The car list puts GT Sport to shame in soo many areas it's comedic. Get this: most of the classic muscle cars I raced against including my '69 Charger do not appear in GT Sport - Holden Torana LX, Valiant Charger, Chevrolet Chevelle and Plymouth Barracuda. I mean they even have more Nissans... This will keep me occupied for quite a while!

I finally got the last two achievements I was missing from the base game. "Human After All" which required five PvP races, and "Tortoise and the Hare" which required running both an X and a D class car in a PvP showdown race. I didn't realize showdown races are different than a regular PvP race. I had to blueprint a PvP showdown drag race at the festival and hope people would join me. Thankfully I got a couple people and was able to get the achievements.

Now all I have left are two achievements from the Eliminator. Pacifist which requires getting to the final showdown in a level 1 car (and I've done this multiple times, even winning overall in the Mini. Not sure why it's not triggering the achievement for me), and whatever the achievement is called when you finally get a level ten car. I've played over 160 games and have 21 wins, but I've never managed to get a level ten car. Every time I've been in a Head to Head race in a level nine car, I've lost. Every time I've challenged or been challenged by a level ten car, I've lost. I'm not sure what my problem is in getting a level ten car.

Wrapped up the 2018 Megane this evening. Wasn't particularly fussed by the real car, not when their nutter early-2000s cars are more my taste, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

It sounds very naughty for a discrete hatchback.

I hope so too. I imagine it's taking long because they have to grab every single model that featured in Forza past, so hopefully we get them bit by bit as we approach news about Forza 8. 👍

VXR
Wrapped up the 2018 Megane this evening. Wasn't particularly fussed by the real car, not when their nutter early-2000s cars are more my taste, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

It sounds very naughty for a discrete hatchback.
Recycled A45 engine sound though.

I had a barn find spoiled by the radio when I was playing on Sunday afternoon:grumpy: They said it was an Audi which used to be used as an uncover police car. Turns out the one I was closest to had it, just by coincidence. (Or was it?) That's a little bit disappointing because it's supposed to be a secret until you find the car. I know that there's numerous YouTube videos out there, but I don't want to ruin the experience for myself. Oh, and the off road racing is great fun. Especially the cross-country races where you just destroy the countryside and hop around like a rabbit. I find it extremely refreshing as I've never done such a thing before.

Series 18 preview

ENrHG4kXYAAPc0w.jpg:orig

With the sketches/images does this look like an Eliminator update to anyone else?

All the Ds are capitalised.
  • "heavy-weight upgraDe presets"
  • "responD to Isha (in Taxi)" maybe? Isha's taxi is literally there on screen
  • "check Vulcan speeD"
  • "DeciDe blah blah blah dood handwriting pls
  • "finD 4 car hints"

Last edited:
All the Ds are capitalised.
  • "heavy-weight upgraDe presets"
  • "responD to Isha (in Taxi)" maybe? Isha's taxi is literally there on screen
  • "check Vulcan speeD"
  • "DeciDe blah blah blah dood handwriting pls
  • "finD 4 car hints"

The capitalization of Ds could be a hint towards the AE86's return - but also, the "check Vulcan speed" tip could point to the Aston Vulcan AMR Pro that's on the leaked list.

Why is there a picture of a Dutch police squad? Could we be getting a Dutch car, like another Donkervoort or maybe a Spyker? Or a Dutch truck, like that leaked DAF Turbotwin, since it's Dakar month? :D

Definitely an Eliminator update. Maybe new cars for each level. I can see a lv4 Countryman and never saw it in any Eliminator so far.

I can make out a "pha" and a "D" which could suggest the Hummer H1 Alpha (pretty sure about this one) and Quartz Regalia D (kind of a shot in the dark) could also be added to the Eliminator car list.

Why is there a picture of a Dutch police squad? Could we be getting a Dutch car, like another Donkervoort or maybe a Spyker? Or a Dutch truck, like that leaked DAF Turbotwin, since it's Dakar month? :D

Waait a second now. Why didn't I think of that? :lol:

Although the DAF has disappeared from more recent leaks - and another Dutch creation, the Savage Rivale, has appeared in its stead. It would be a fitting addiction to the game, considering the latest trend to include cars from rather niche manufacturers and coachbuilders (such as the returning Rossion Q1, the ATS GT or the Italdesign Zerouno)...

2009-savage-rivale-roadyacht-gts.jpg

It's not the prettiest car out there, but it's... Interesting, I'll give it that.

P.S. if my shot-in-the-dark guesses about the Savage and the Vulcan Pro are correct; then perhaps we're to expect a "top marque"-themed month?

Last edited:
Good news: AE86 is probably back.
This might be the case. The "Ds" may be referencing Initial "D", which might be saying the Toyota AE86 is planned to make its in this next update.

But
Bad news: They decided to exclusive car the Toyota vehicles other than the Supra.
I hope THIS isn't the case. But if it is, PG should do what they did with the Toyota Supra: Release the car in the Autoshow for those to buy, and make it also obtainable in a Championship (offline, not online) in the Festival Playlist. If they do this idea, than imo it would be a win-win for both parties. 👍

I just hope that the "Ds" don't mean Deberti Design (even that I like those cars) but Initial D as you guys think ;)

Back