Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
So I bought the Zenvo TSR-S from the Auction House for around $4 million, and decided to try flipping a spare LFA with a max buyout of $10 million to make up for it. It sold within the minute that I listed it. :lol:

I may have undervalued it...

The hype is going to be real next week. We have the partnership with Cadillac, Torben Tuesday, and the Xbox event which will finally reveal Forza Motorsport 8 after all this waiting!

So exciting!! :embarrassed:
Do we know for sure they will be announcing FM8 or is it just speculation?

Do we know for sure they will be announcing FM8 or is it just speculation?
Chris Esaki has already confirmed we'll be hearing more information on the next Forza Motorsport in 2020, with it already being playable. It's bound to be at this event.

COVID-19 has probably made some delays on what T10 could've shown earlier this year. With how big this Xbox event is being made out to be, T10 can finally share what they had in store for us all. Not too sure, that's just my speculation. But there is no doubt FM8 will be at this event.

I wonder if that means a Veloster/Viper/MX-5/Infiniti style "advert" DLC is on its way but with Cadillacs.
I hope so, but for sure PG will make the new Cadillac an exclusive car.
MS has figured out how to keep us in the prison that is gaming. They will never reverse this policy.

The playlist and exclusive cars will definitely be a system that will be introduced in FM8 as well. Disgusting.

I hope so, but for sure PG will make the new Cadillac an exclusive car.
MS has figured out how to keep us in the prison that is gaming. They will never reverse this policy.

The playlist and exclusive cars will definitely be a system that will be introduced in FM8 as well. Disgusting.

I doubt the playlist will be implemented into FM8, it's not really a system that would fit in a game like FM8. More than likely it will be similar to FM7 and have cars that are behind career progression.

Exclusive cars have been around WELL before FH4, as far back as FM2, iirc, since it had unicorn cars and cars that were only available by purchasing the Limited Edition. It is not a new concept, at all. At least with FM7 and FH4 they were available for free without having to purchase the best version of the game.

Mercedes SLR and first gen Lamborghini Gallardo and Murcielago and more garage space then the game would be perfect for me.

Heck yeah! Miss these cars and badly need more garage and paint space, preferably no limit as it's such a silly worry in the age of 100GB games. It's at the point of dampening my excitement for cool new cars as garage and livery management become increasingly difficult and annoying every season. I was disappointed when the long update delay for last season wasn't due to any big improvement like this.

Last edited:
So got my tax return recently and thought to get a cheap wheel (thrustmaster 458 spider) and a stand to give wheel and pedals a try. Its probably just me but I'm all over the shop. After a few hours with the game and the wheel I gave up a bit frustrated. I'm finding controller to be a lot more fun. Especially in winter.

Maybe I just need to a bit more patient and spend some time with the wheel to get used to it. First wheel and pedals set after 20 years of controllers probably doesn't help.

Last edited:
So got my tax return recently and thought to get a cheap wheel (thrustmaster 458 spider) and a stand to give wheel and pedals a try. Its probably just me but I'm all over the shop. After a few hours with the game and the wheel I gave up a bit frustrated. I'm finding controller to be a lot more fun. Especially in winter.

Maybe I just need to a bit more patient and spend some time with the wheel to get used to it. First wheel and pedals set after 20 years of controllers probably doesn't help.

As someone who was recently in the same boat...

FH4 seems to have horrific stock wheel settings when compared to pretty much every other racing game. Even after messing with the various parameters it is not a pleasant drive, the cars just feel incredibly divey and prone to oversteer, which may be fine in stock sports cars but is not nice when moving up into S1/S2 cars. Honestly if someone else has any idea of how this is mitigated I'm sure it'd be appreciated....

Also the game doesn't let me "look back" even when the command is assigned to a fully functioning wheel button. I find it's a little important to have when racing bonnet cam with no mirrors. Eh

1ku9dx8q6sz21.jpg

giphy.gif

As someone who was recently in the same boat...

FH4 seems to have horrific stock wheel settings when compared to pretty much every other racing game. Even after messing with the various parameters it is not a pleasant drive, the cars just feel incredibly divey and prone to oversteer, which may be fine in stock sports cars but is not nice when moving up into S1/S2 cars. Honestly if someone else has any idea of how this is mitigated I'm sure it'd be appreciated....

Also the game doesn't let me "look back" even when the command is assigned to a fully functioning wheel button. I find it's a little important to have when racing bonnet cam with no mirrors. Eh

With some more time under my belt with the wheel the game is more playable but yeah forget driving the 1000hp plus S1/2/X class cars. Or drifting for that matter. I'm sticking with A class and below which isn't a bad thing as it helps me appreciate those classes more. I haven't tried to remap the buttons on the wheel yet but hopefully this wheel allows me to at least program a look behind button. Looking forward to change of season to see if that brings any change in handling.

Loving the choice of car for this weekly Forzathon Challenge. Audi S1. One of my first cars in the game and a much loved ride. I would say its my favourite car in my garage. Its just a joy to drive. Might explain why I have seven of them also :D

Here are my likely guesses:
Line 1 - DeTomaso Pantera (Pantera (Spanish) translates to 'panther' in English); 1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E (Kadett (German) translates to Cadet in English; Cadets are trainees in the military/navy)

Line 2 - 1996 Holden HSV GTS-R (85 models only produced, came in "XU3 Yellah" as a color)

Line 3 - Peugeot 405 T16 (Aggressive front splitter) or Peugeot 207 Super 2000 (a lion is part of its livery, grille looks like a happy snarl)

"Summer is finally here, well, not everywhere! At least that's what I've read". Yeah, it's (technically) winter in Australia!
  • High rank at sea (Commodore), Holds A Group for jungle kings: that'll be none other than the HSV Commodore SS Group A SV;
  • 85 in 96? Hella yellah: obviously the HSV GTS-R;
  • A racing lion (HSV) with snarling nostrils: it doesn't get much snarlier than the HSV w427, does it?
All in all, probably the weakest month since the launch of the Playlist format... But that's to be expected if they are going to start it with the announcement of the next game in the Forza series.

With some more time under my belt with the wheel the game is more playable but yeah forget driving the 1000hp plus S1/2/X class cars. Or drifting for that matter. I'm sticking with A class and below which isn't a bad thing as it helps me appreciate those classes more. I haven't tried to remap the buttons on the wheel yet but hopefully this wheel allows me to at least program a look behind button. Looking forward to change of season to see if that brings any change in handling.

Loving the choice of car for this weekly Forzathon Challenge. Audi S1. One of my first cars in the game and a much loved ride. I would say its my favourite car in my garage. Its just a joy to drive. Might explain why I have seven of them also :D

I play with a Logitech DFGT. I think it's pluses-and-minuses, to be fair. For sure, the precision in long corner steering is great, and I find pedal modulation to be very much more natural than on a controller. The flipside is that very fast steering movements are harder with the wheel than the controller, and I find it very difficult to get decent drift scores (this might be down to me having a lot of seat time in road cars and a lot of experience of catching slides, so my instinctive reaction is to stop the slide).

The biggest downside though is not having the second stick to control the view. I play a lot with my son - he on the Xbox, me on the PC - and his 3D awareness is excellent because he drives in 3rd person and is constantly swinging the camera around. So he's very good at the Playground Games, whereas I'm better at racing where a bit of tunnel-vision can help.

I have look left and look right mapped to the D Pad, and look behind mapped to the gear selector, by the way

I tried playing with my DFGT, but something about it just felt...off.

Then again, I was coming from Assetto Corsa. :lol: Having said that, I do feel that this game is much more suited to a gamepad.

Back